WNBA Action...Its Vag-tastic!

Hulu

#3DownNation
Welcome to the lonliest thread on CTG.

I've managed to pull a few units out of the WNBA over the past few years so I'm going to give it another go this season. Games start this Friday but I'm sure you all knew that already. :D

A few futures to start off with. I don't mess around with basketball futures a lot.

WNBA Championship

0.85* Phoenix +271 Greiner is a force. Nuff said.
0.5* Minnesota +562 Unfinished business and continuity
0.4* Connecticut +721
0.25* Chicago +1172

Be back with plays starting this weekend. Good luck to all.

Best of Luck, ready to play some beaver ball with yah this year. Lets see if the books are ready this year as PHOENIX should be drastically improved with Man Beast Griner and Taurasi and Dupree back from early injuries.

Lets do it gents!

I agree Phoenix will be beasting this season. She killed the Japanese team hitting 60% because no one could touch her.

First play, both teams enter with some injuries but I think San Antonio is a bit more of a mess.

1* Indiana -2.5 -102

Love to start out the season with a W. Lets keep it goin boys. Nothing for today. I'll have a look at Sunday/Monday games later tonight

Nothing on tonights game unless I see something for 2H

For Monday...

0.8* Chicago +8.5 -105 Missed the incredibly juicy 12.5 at open but I still think the line should be more like 4-7.
0.2* Chicago ML +370
1.5* CHI/PHX under 167.5 Don't like being on the wrong side of the market but I made this total somewhere around 158.5 to 165.

Still have to look at the WAS/TUL game

1* Tulsa -7 -105 Mystics were bottom dwellers last year and didn't do a whole lot to improve upon that this season. New coach and a few new faces including the 20yr old 6'4 Belgian girl whose name escapes me atm but there's no way this team gels with only two preseason games under its belt (and one an international game against sub-wnba opposition). Tulsa on OTOH almost hung with Atlanta the other night but more importantly have played 4 games together now. I think they roll in their home opener. I made the line -8 to -10.

Good luck to all.

That 2h was way closer than it should have been. LA kept running while the storm shit their collective panties, putting up air ball after air ball. Anyway, I'll take it.

2-0 +1.75*

Recapping...Tulsa was just a bad play on my part. Chicago looked great but the total was just ridiculous. Overall 4-2 +0.665*

One thing of note so far...Diggins numbers have been awful thus far. In two preseason and 2 reg season games combined she is hitting 13-49 26.5% and 0-7 from 3pt range. Another cautionary tale of athletes mixing it up with celebs and having their game go to hell. Seems to happen frequently.

Wow total is jumped up 6 pts and Chicago moved 2 pts. I like being on the right side of market opinion.

Record so far...

Sides 2-1 +0.750*
MLs 1-0 +0.740*
Totals 0-1 -1.575*
2H Side 0-0
2H Total 1-0 +0.750*

Overall +0.665*

Thanks man. Its gonna be a rockin Friday night in the ol Hulu homestead. Wall to wall beaver ball

Awesome grabs Hulu. Missed that Tulsa opener as BoL opened at 157.5 which is much closer to my number. Tulsa defense has been beyond awful to start the year, they've picked up right where they left off.

Alright, one more for Friday. I ignored this number at open but then it went up 3 pts and I think its a bit too high now. Balrog's reasoning is spot on IMO. My numbers put this one somewhere between 151-157 but they are a bit skewed due to both teams having a high scoring opener. My gut tells me the range should be more like 147-154. So without further ado...

1* CON/CHI under 156.5 -110

ALso like this one. I had the line at 2.5 to 6.5 and it opened in that range but quickly soared. I'll be adding some on the moneyline when it comes out as well as this is a bit too much for a good team like the Sun against a team who haven't even played a reg season game yet. Also the line likely inflated because Conn is on the back end of a B2B but histoirically they have done well in that situation and its early enough in the season that they should still be inh good enough shape to handle it.

0.8* Connecticut +9.5 -113

Good luck man. Both teams are into it and this is a dog fight. I think they will continue to run through the 2nd half. McCoughtry and Douglas both only hitting at 30-35% so far. Both should catch fire as the game goes on.

Good luck man. Both teams are into it and this is a dog fight. I think they will continue to run through the 2nd half. McCoughtry and Douglas both only hitting at 30-35% so far. Both should catch fire as the game goes on.

:shake:

2-2 -0.18* tonight. Bah! Indy fell apart on that second half. They are a good team but lack depth until they get their injured starters back.

YTD
Sides 3-1 +1.750*
MLs 1-0 +0.740*
Totals 1-2 -1.675*
2H Side 0-0
2H Total 1-1 -0.330*

Overall +0.485*

Recap for Saturday
1* LA Spanks -6.5 -105
0.8* Connecticut +9.5 -113
0.25* Connecticunt ML +354

Last edited:
Openers for Sundays games

ATL/WAS under 161.5 -109
Tulsa +14 -105
PHX/SEA under 162.5

Also looking at Washington. Opened at pk and now at +4.5 which is a play for me. My numbers have +1 to +3. Waiting to see how high it will go.

Ok looks like its stabilized at 4.5.

0.8* Washington +4.5 -105

Will likely add ML when available

[TABLE="class: statistics_table, width: 100%"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD="class: otherStatistics_table_alternateRow statistics_cellrightborder, bgcolor: #FFFBF0"]05/31/13[/TD]
[TD="class: otherStatistics_table_alternateRow statistics_cellrightborder, bgcolor: #FFFBF0, align: center"]C[/TD]
[TD="class: otherStatistics_table_alternateRow statistics_cellrightborder, bgcolor: #FFFBF0"]Elizabeth Cambage[/TD]
[TD="class: otherStatistics_table_alternateRow statistics_cellrightborder, bgcolor: #FFFBF0"]Ankle[/TD]
[TD="class: otherStatistics_table_alternateRow statistics_cellrightborder, bgcolor: #FFFBF0"]injured last game, doubtful Sunday vs Chicago Sky[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Any concern for Tulsa here Hulu? Cambage has averaged 17 pts 9 reb in the first two games and seems like she'll be a big piece this year. I've adjusted my Chicago ratings significantly and made a number that I didn't think the books could set high enough and that was without this injury.

I LOVE both of those unders as well and will post as soon as BoL puts up their numbers. God how i miss the days of having pinnacle as an out.

Definitely a concern but I think Tulsa has a few things working in their favour in this game. I think the pace slows somewhat and the Sky in a letdown spot after beating the Sun last night. The Shock have some fight in them although against Della Donne it might not make all that much difference. And Digging has to get going sometime...her numbers have been shit so far. My numbers have the Sky -7.5 to -10.

I may be way off on this one. We'll see I guess.

And as for Pinny, yeah I love them. I have 10 different reg books I use but they still get 60-70% of my business. Come on up to Canada and open an account...you can crash on my couch. lol

Agreed on Chicago, they have played out of this world to start the season. They're title contenders for sure but not some All-star team. Definitely wanted your opinion because you have been crushing these side openers to start the season and I will definitely be tailing. BOL to us both on the WNBA packed weekend!!!!

Thanks. Its been a different type of opening bell so far. Less movement than typical. Only the PHX/SEA total has moved significantly from open (10pts). Maybe the rest of the world has better things to do on a Saturday morning? heh

Yup I saw that open at like 152.5. Didn't think much of it as my numbers were 156 and 154.5. Was refreshing BOL waiting for their numbers and came back like 5 mins later and the over had been hammered. Seems like every over has been hammered so far this year. LOL @ better things to do WHAT COULD POSSIBLY BE BETTER THAN BEAVER BALL???? One thing I know for sure, I love pinny for opening this games at 9am every day makes it so much easier than the bull shit BoL did with their random times for college bball.

Well overs are 6-2-1 this year and that's on the inflated closing numbers so maybe there's something to it. The new defensive 3 second violation may have something to do with it.

Well actually the defensive 3 sec has more of a clearing effect to open up the lane so maybe that is why totals have all been shooting up.

Well actually the defensive 3 sec has more of a clearing effect to open up the lane so maybe that is why totals have all been shooting up.

This seemed like a plausible reason for these overs being hit so I did some quick number crunching to see if the NBA had an increase in scoring when they made this rule change for the 2001 / 02 season. Scoring averages for the two seasons before and after were as follows:

99-00: 97.48 ppg
00-01: 94.79 ppg
----------------
01-02: 95.54 ppg
02-03: 95.09 ppg

Read into that what you will but I don't think those results are anywhere close to being statistically significant. Also the WNBA increased the 3 point line by over 18 inches to match FIBA regulations. Some speculate that this will open the game up by forcing teams to guard further from the basket possibly causing pace to increase but I just don't see it as a reason that almost all of these games are moving 5+ points toward the over. Time will tell and I'm definitely keeping an eye on pace to see if there is a noticeable increase.

Nice work. Yes I forgot about the three point line being moved. That might open up play a tiny bit but any increase in scoring would be offset by a small decrease in 3pt %.

Anyway, the Washington line has continued to rise to my surprise so I'm adding a bit on the side and ML

0.5* Washington +7 -102
0.25* Washington ML +279

Looks to be some buyback on this total tonight so I'm hitting it now at what is hopefully its peak...

1* CON/MIN under 168.5 -110

WOOOO got an under. Man it made me happy to see a game look like it would soar over play under the steam that came in on the opener.

Yeah definitely had to sweat that one out a bit. Only came in because of the blowout. The pacs slowed to a crawl and Minny put scrubs in that couldn't hit the rim to save their lives.

Overall Friday Night 1-3 -1.204*

YTD
Sides 3-3 -0.204*
MLs 1-1 +0.490*
Totals 2-2 -0.675*
2H Side 0-0
2H Total 1-1 -0.330*

Overall -0.719*

Back