Totals: 3-0 +6.0
1st Halves: 3-2 +1.6
2nd Halves: 0-2 -3.30
ML Bets: 0-2 -6.0
Total = 18-10 +13.50

Gamecocks Over 53 (2.2/2)

Last edited:
'Cocks Over 53:

Feel like I am pretty familiar with UCF this season and I'm 3-0 betting on their games. What I see happening in this game is a lot of points. Both teams are coming off bye weeks and while I like what UCF has on offense, their D is not nearly as strong as it has been in years past. UCF gave up 5.5ypc (193yds) on the ground to PSU and 260yds to a true frosh QB. SCar is much better on offense than Pedo St and should have a lot of success on the ground and through the air...Vs. 3 BCS opponents, SCar is averaging 225yds rushing and 255yds through the air. I knew going into the season the 'Cocks would have issues at LB and that is just a product of youth and inexperience, a bye week will not change that. If Storm Johnson gets to the 2nd level of the SCar defense, he will be on his way to a big day. UCF uses a lot of max protection which will keep Bortles on his feet and UCF has legit talent at WR so I expect them to have success throwing the ball. I know some people look at Clowney's stats this season and have something negative to say. I just want to note that going into the Vandy game, UNC and UGA rushed the ball a combined 64x against the Gamecocks and 52 of those plays were away from Clowney so as you can see teams are pretty much completely going away from him nearly every play. Under Spurrier, 'Cocks are 7-1 out of bye week which is another positive for the Over. A game with UK on deck is not a look-ahead for the Gamecocks and with UCF going to PSU and winning, they have the complete focus of the Gamecock coaching staff and players. For UCF, there is a lot of hype for this game being they are undefeated and hosting an SEC team. I epxect them to try and throw the kitchen sink at SCar. I think it will land somewhere close to the spread but I have the Gamecocks in the high 30's and UCF in the high 20's, low 30's bringing this game more than a TD over the total.

Some thoughts:

Week 4 started rough for me losing my first 3 plays but rebounded to have a good Sat sans the UGA 1st half. All in all, was my first losing week of the year but the damage wasn't bad.

I may be hitting 1% in games involving Clemson in my betting career, doesn't matter if I am on or against them. I jumped the gun on the SoCal offense, they just are not very good on that side of the ball and the play calling sucks. If you would have told me before the game that Utah St would be held to 14points, under 300yds of offense, Chucky would be held to 15yds on the ground - face pressure in the pocket all day, and SoCal would start drives on the USU 45, SoCal 44, SoCal 47, USU 24, USU 34, and USU 30, I would have been pretty sure that the Trojans would win the game by DD but they managed to come away with 17 points. I leaned Stanford hard but didn't pull the trigger but I think it will be hard for me to stay away from ASU this weekend. Wisky RB Melvin Gordon is a stud. While the Baylor 1st Q score may have been misleading because ULM botched 3 red zone possessions, they did exactly what I thought they would...Run up the score. I can not wait to lay the hammer with Baylor next week at home vs. WVU coming off a bye. I see that game getting very ugly and with the big spread that this game will be lined at, we can all be very sure that Baylor will never stop trying to get in the end zone. I thought Baylor and Colo St were my best 2 bets of week 4.

I am very close to playing LSU+3 and a little on the ML. Amazing what a difference Cam Cameron has been to the LSU offense I just hope Mettenberger doesn't amp himself up too much heading into the hedges to play his former school.

I am having a hard time talking myself off of laying the points on the road with the U. I don't love the idea of laying 18.5 on the road but the bulls are flat out a terrible team and I imagine Miami rolls here.

UConn line movement has me doubling checking my lean in this game. It is UConn or no bet for me but once again a big line movement happens in a UConn game. It didn't work out for those backing them vs. Maryland but this time the line is going against the huskies which has me hesitant to pull the trigger.

Someone talk to me about UT-San Antonio, I have not gotten a chance to watch 1 play of their season yet. Line looks sketchy to me.

Play #2:

UDub -10 (2.2/2)

'Zona gave UDub a beating last season and that has not been forgotten by the players and coaches. The Huskies look like one of those teams that may be very tough to go on the road against and walk away with a win unless you are one of the elite teams and Zona is not one of those. The Rich Rod's are off a bye and have not been tested yet this season. How will they react when they are punched in the mouth because that is going to happen in this game. I see a Washington team with balance and play makers at positions all over the field. I see a 'Zona team as a 1 man show and unless 'Zona QB Denker shows he can actually make plays in the passing game, RB Carey is going to face a stacked box as the huskies will dare Denker to beat them with his arm. While the Zona offense has some gaudy stats on paper, it does not look like an offense that is built to play from behind because of the lack of a legit passing attack. I see Washington coming out the gate quickly on offense and jumping out to a decent sized lead early. This will get Arizona out of their comfort zone and along with the running game being stuffed because of a stacked box - Zona will be forced to go to the air more than they would like. When you run a quick-tempo offense like Arizona does and you go 3 and out, it stresses your defense. This is where Washington will flex its muscle in the 2nd half against a gassed Arizona defense. I think UDub puts a hurting on Arizona to the tune of something around 41-17.

Play #3:

Mizz -21 (1.65/1.5)

I actually bet Mizz last week but it was an unposted play right before kickoff at the bar. I was drunk and never even thought of logging on CTG to post. I did however watch some of the game and I thought Mizz looked pretty decent. They had a rough 2012 but they also had a ton of injuries to deal with. I see Mizz doing whatever they want on offense here as they are certainly much better, talented, and athletic on that side of the ball than Auburn (468yds), Troy (614yds), and Memphis (505yds). My first consideration here was a 1st half bet but I'm not crazy about the spot this game falls in since Mizz had a bye previously to playing @Indiana and likely prepped really hard for that game. They also go on the road for their first SEC game next week @Vandy which is why I decided against a first half play in this game in case they need a quarter to shake out the cobwebs. I do believe they will put a big number on the scoreboard which will be enough to cover the spread but it may take a little bit for them to get going.

ETG - Thanks for your thoughts on these games and I really like your card. BOL on the week.

UCF suspends LB Willie Mitchell
Updated: September 25, 2013, 3:57 PM

ORLANDO, Fla. -- UCF linebacker Willie Mitchell has been suspended indefinitely following an arrest this month for driving under the influence.

Knights coach George O'Leary said Wednesday that Mitchell is suspended pending the outcome of a hearing in front of UCF's Office of Student Conduct. He missed UCF's game at Penn State on Sept. 14 and will also be out for Saturday's home game against No. 12 South Carolina.

Mitchell, a junior from Deltona, was arrested and charged with the first-degree misdemeanor Sept. 7 and has pleaded not guilty, according to court records.

Mitchell started the Knights' first two games and has eight tackles, including six solo.

Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press

RECOMMEND22TWEET23COMMENTS3EMAILPRINTSUBSCRIBE

had this ucf team against psu, so i watched the whole game, like you said, offense is pretty good, defense is far from good to me. lets be honest though, psu could not tackle or cover you or i in that game so i wonder just how good this offense truly is against a real defense. their qb bortles and tight end are legit. cocks should get 28 plus, not sure if ucf goes over 21 here.

Runnigh short on time this morning

GT -6 (1.95/1.5)

Line dropped to 6.5 and I bought .5

Updated Card:

GT -6 (1.95/1.5)
Mizz -21 (1.65/1.5)
UDub -10 (2.2/2)
Gamecocks Over 53 (2.2/2)
Wisky / tOSU Over 55.5 (2.2/2)
UConn PK (2.2/2)

I am still looking at backing LSU or when it is available to me, a player prop on LSU RB Jeremy Hill.

Also still considering Oklahoma

*Adding Player Prop:

SCar RB Mike Davis Over 86.5 yards rushing (2/2)

My book also has a prop on WR Shaq Roland but since he didn't travel with the team, I doubt I would get paid for betting the prop so not going to even bother

OkST -11 (2nd half) (2.3/2)

As for SCar, that was one of the worst halves of football I've ever watched from them. I am about to break a TV. Play calling has been absolute dog shit

Back