Wk 9 CFL

hugh613

Pretty much a regular
YTD: 6-0, +6.00

Thursday:

8/20/2015 10:05 PM Canadian Football 292 B.C. Lions* -3 -110 vs Montreal Alouettes
*A little early, I know, but figured I'd post it now in case the line moved against me. Anyways, the obvious reason I booked it right out of the gate:

• MTL are 3-14 ATS in their last 17 meetings in BC.
  • MTL are 8-23 ATS in their last 31 meetings against BC
Not like the Lions are exactly setting the world on fire this season, but there just seems to be more and more turmoil within the Alouettes locker room as the season goes by (the Michael Sam saga, veterans being benched, guys pointing fingers at one another). Throw the inevitable overload of questions regarding Michael Sam and their routine failure to win at BC Place into the mix, not to mention the playoff revenge angle for the Lions, and it all points to maybe a little too much for the Alouettes to handle this week.

smileys-beer-129300.gif

Like it too, hugh. Plus the last eight these guys have played, the home team has covered all eight. Toss in the Sam drama, and it looks like a safe bet. Good luck until then...

:cheers3:

Thanks inZane. Usually not a great bet when picking between the lesser of two evils, but that Alouettes team is broken right now, and don't think it's going to be getting better anytime soon. Instead of going out and finding players that can help them long term, they've decided to go the Al Davis / three ring circus route signing guys like Chad Johnson and Michael Sam. Plus, the whole Sam saga seems to have really let the air out of the bubble (guys working their tail off only to see someone with no proven track record at the professional level be given the red carpet treatment). Plus, you can say what you want about trends, but some tend to have a bit more heft to them than others, and Montreal's continued inability to win in Vancouver is just one of those trends you have to keep riding until the wheels fall off.

Good luck and thanks for stopping in.

:cheers3:

Looks like Michael Sam has packed it in. I wonder if the team will respond positively with the distraction gone...

http://news.nationalpost.com/sports...ttes-tenure-a-sad-story-in-more-ways-than-one
Well, that happened on Friday night, so I kind of factored that in figuring that would be one of the main topics of discussion (and distraction) during media scrums this week. As far as bounce back, seems like there's just a tonne of dissension within that locker room that goes well beyond just the Michael Sam stuff. Plus, as far as Sam goes, think the resentment towards the organization is going to continue to linger, even without him there.

Anyways, here's a pretty good article from the Montreal Gazette pointing out the kind of heat the OC's taking right now - don't think these are issues that get solved overnight.

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/f...ler-schonert-in-hot-seat-for-fizzling-offense

Good article, yeah they look like a team in disarray. Might not be a bad under play as well. Once the Lions are ahead, could be a on cruise control the rest of the way. Thanks

Back