Wk.6 cfl.

rider green

What's everyone's opinion on this week lines.
The first thing that jumps out at me is the Ed - Cal game.
Ithink Edmonton will have no problem with Calgary.
Will they win by double didgits??
Thoughts please.
:4_12_13:

Currently this is how I feel.

Argos +4 @ Montreal: I don't know if I want much to do with this game. It would be fitting that I would flip sides now and take Montreal - points and they lose or don't cover. What I gathered from Toronto last week is that their offense is un-betable until Bishop is back. Their game plan is simple, run on 1st down, pass on 2nd and then punt. Their defense is still good though but they played very very bad on special teams, prob no bet.

Sask +4.5 @ BC: Well basically I think BC is walking a tight rope on their undefeated season. They are winning games with their defense, plain and simple. They are forcing teams into 4-6 turnovers a game, getting good field position, and not making mistakes themselves. They are real banged up with injuries, this is a revenge game for Sask. When they met earlier this yr, Sask had 6 turnovers at home and was beat 42-12. The score was 28-12 with under 2 minutes left. BC will be playing 3rd string Jackson a lot of this game, if not the whole game because of the injuries to Pierce and Dickenson. I think Sask is a live dog this week, could hand BC their first loss.

Winnipeg -6 @ Hamilton: I don't know where I sit here. Winnipeg should be able to win this game but eventually Hamilton is going to cover another spread. This like the Montreal/Argos game is a direct rematch of last week and in that situation, things can get tricky.

Calgary +1 @ Edmonton: Calgary is awful on the road and they really are not that good of a team in my mind. Edmonton is fresh off an embarrassing loss and now will play at home and hope to right the ship. With a small line like this, I feel the home team is the play.

Last edited:
Thanks for the posts guys.
Calgary looked pathetic against BC last week. Edmonton always plays better at home.
The eastern conf games are a toss up. Doesn't seem as if any team wants to take control of that confrence, but I believe Montreal might start to step up.
As for the BC - SK game I think BC will eventually lose their first game and I'm a hoping it's tomorrow night.
GO GREEN.

For what its worth, this is the 4th game between Hamilton and Winnipeg

Hamilton won both preseason games (home and away), while Winnipeg won the 1st reg season game.

The stronger play would be Winnipeg 2nd half as they have consistently put points in 2nd half.

i am going to watch the 1st half, there was just too much line movement for me and hamilton is real pissed off about what winnipeg did last yr.

yea I saw that.. he went over 100yds in the 1st quater

Hamilton wants this game pretty bad it looks like. Now 14-8 Hamilton. It will be interesting to see how Winnipeg handles the next possession. Watching Hamilton is like watching something grow up. I have watched 4 of their games and they have gradually gotten better this yr. They need to cut down on the penalties though.

get ready for a typical wild and wacky game of cfl...being up big the whole game I had to sweat with the als on the ml in o.t.

They are killing themselves with penalties. I feel like every play there is a damn penalty

seriously this is terrible on the eyes. every play hamilton has a penalty. false starts, intentional grounding, roughing the passer, holding, pass interference.. they are hitting the whole rule book tonight. If they would stop with the penalties, they would have a few more points

ticats committing too many penalties

and the fact Lumsden avg more rush yds than Mass pass yds

peg should keep it close even if they don't win, i'll take win -3 +100 2nd half

Back