WK 3 CFB

E.T.G.

One of trus baby mommas
12-3 +15.8

I came away super unimpressed with the coaching/playcalling/execution of the Gaytors offense. There is not much more I want to say about that game. Jeff Driskell is a bad QB and they are a bad offense all the way around.

I got a bad # on the Sam Houston game, I knew that going in to the bet but I'm not too upset about that one.

I was worried about Gurley getting to the 2nd level of the defense vs. USC and he was too much. I thought USC, with 4 seniors on the team, showed a lot of courage on the road down 17-3 to go to half 24-24. I've never been a Connor Shaw fan and his fumble in the 3rd quarter was a brutal mistake. I also can not stand when teams are in the shotgun on 4th and 1. I fuken hate it - so when USC lines up in shotgun in 4th and 1 from the 2, I was screaming at the TV. As a football fan, I thought Richt's onside kick call was brilliant in the 1st quarter. UGA was the better team on Saturday.

Week 3:

TAMU +7.5 (2.2/2)
ASU -5.5 (2.2/2)

Thoughts on WK3 games go here

Uf is three touchdowns better than Miami and that joke of an offense couldn't do anything. I think muschamp made some bad decisions to go for it and that didn't exactly help, but no excuse for losing that game. Look forward to seeing them dogged with that nasty defense on the road coming up...

i get what you're saying with the onside kick, but I'm a firm believer you don't do that when you think you're the better team. Sorry to see the Cocks lose, but 3 out of 4 from that senior class is pretty awesome

ASU-5.5
Through 2 games for Wisky and 1 game for ASU, we've been able to learn absolutely nothing about either team. They've combined to beat their over matched opponents 148-0. Here in week 3, we will get to see what each team is really about in the desert. It is 2 teams from 2 different conferences with 2 different philosophies on how to play the game.

Wisconsin has just lined up and run the ball at will through their first 2 weeks. Here against ASU in week 3 - they will have to successfully go to the air to win this game on the road because I don't believe they will be able to just line up and control the tempo/time of possession with their run game. At times in this game, it may look like they can do just that, but there will be a point in time when Wisky is going to have to successfully be able to go to the air and I don't think they will find success. ASU has a top flight DL that anchors their defense which will go a long way in making Wisconsin get out of their comfort level on offense. Now, one can look at the ASU run defense last year and see they were a poor defense against the run and that is a very fair point but ASU is also very good in the secondary which will allow them to commit an extra man to the box to help stop the run. Stopping the run on 1st/2nd down takes away the threat of play action from Wisconsin. ASU is balanced on offense and runs a style of offense that is a bitch to play against when you do not see that style of play often. You simply can not mimic the speed and tempo of the offense in practice with your scout team. Now, HC Gary Anderson does come from a spread offense philosophy and surely that helps when game planning for this tyep of offense so it needs to be mentioned. ASU has weapons, is balanced, and is dangerous every where on the field. The extra threat of QB Kelly with his legs and improved WR corps gives ASU a very tough offense to defend.

Both teams have been able to game plan for this game all summer because of their scrimmages leading up to this week. The team that wins will be the team that is able to establish their desired pace. I believe that will be ASU in front of a wild crowd and they will pull away in the 2nd half to win by DD. Tempo will be the key to this game and I believe ASU will establish theirs.

31-20

I wouldnt think to see u on TAMU

Bama off a bye and Saban preparing for JFF all spring/summer are points that are significant and can not be over looked. This game will probably be discussed 100x this week on this forum but I feel like I had to take the home team getting more than a TD. I did not get the best of lines on this game but I needed over a TD to play and got it. I see it going down more rather than back up. TAMU has been prepping for this game just as long, has played 2 scrimmages, and has all the suspension shit behind them. Bama is always going to be strong on defense but when you look at the 2 defenses that shutdown JFF in 2012, it was LSU and UF which I believe possess more overall team speed on defense in the front 7. Road games in the SEC are tough games to win and in what is probably a MNC semi-final game - I'm expecting a last possession type of game here in which case I took the points with the home team.

Last edited:
lean asu hard. GL, buddy

thanks

i get what you're saying with the onside kick, but I'm a firm believer you don't do that when you think you're the better team. Sorry to see the Cocks lose, but 3 out of 4 from that senior class is pretty awesome

I see your point but they clearly saw something on film and that is the type of surprise onside kick after a score - I love. I remember being in Williams Brice when Tommy Tubberville brought his Auburn team to Columbia, that shithead did the same thing and Auburn went on to hold possession of the ball for the entire 3rd quarter. The little drag bunt by the kicker when the USC first wall has already turned their back.

UCF +5 (not bet yet, waiting to see if I can get a better # but will play at +5 if not)
This marks the 3rd straight week I will have placed a bet on UCF. The first 2 plays were 1st half spreads. Here we have UCF traveling to Pedo St to take on a team with a true frosh QB. Yes, I am fully aware of who Christian Hackenberg is through recruiting - I paid a lot of attention to his recruitment because there was a lot of interest from SCar but I'm going to pay to see him be able to take down a strong UCF team that can score points and has great team speed on defense. UCF hasn't been tested yet this season but this is a chance for them to go in to the house of a "name brand" program and take them down and they'll be ready.

Week 3:

TAMU +7.5 (2.2/2)
ASU -5.5 (2.2/2)
UCF +5.5 (2.2/2)
GT -8.5 (2.2/2)
have my eye on a few more games. I went ahead and took UCF because I do not believe that I will see a 6 on my book.

Nice start. has to be the best on the site. GL again this week

Week 3:

TAMU +7.5 (2.2/2)
ASU -5.5 (2.2/2)
UCF +5.5 (2.2/2)
GT -8.5 (2.2/2)
have my eye on a few more games. I went ahead and took UCF because I do not believe that I will see a 6 on my book.

always one of the most underrated and best 'cappers on our site

Back