WK 1 CFB

ETG,

Hope all is well and good luck to your boys this year. I did notice you mentioned that South Carolina should have one of their better offenses in the Spurrier era in another thread. If so, and with Renner calling signals for UNC, do you mind providing a few words why you like the game under?

Appreciate it and good luck this season.

Dream on Tru.

ETG,

Hope all is well and good luck to your boys this year. I did notice you mentioned that South Carolina should have one of their better offenses in the Spurrier era in another thread. If so, and with Renner calling signals for UNC, do you mind providing a few words why you like the game under?

Appreciate it and good luck this season.

Dream on Tru.

Would like to hear your thoughts as well. I could certainly see the game going under. However I could also see Renner being effective in the mid-range passing game against an inexperienced LB corps. I can't really see UNC stopping SoCar. My guess is ETG is presuming Spurrier is going to go with a ball control offense ala the Clemson game. I could see that happening but I could also see both teams having a reasonable amount of success and SoCar winning 37-24 or something. This is one of few games I don't really even have a lean on but I do wish you luck on the under

Would like to hear your thoughts as well. I could certainly see the game going under. However I could also see Renner being effective in the mid-range passing game against an inexperienced LB corps. I can't really see UNC stopping SoCar. My guess is ETG is presuming Spurrier is going to go with a ball control offense ala the Clemson game. I could see that happening but I could also see both teams having a reasonable amount of success and SoCar winning 37-24 or something. This is one of few games I don't really even have a lean on but I do wish you luck on the under

Hey Man, hope all is well.

I am a big Fedora fan; I think he gets it. Regardless of that, I lean to the under and the underdog in this game. However, I can make strong enough cases against either one to take a pass on this game which is what I'll be doing. While I lean under, I can't help but wonder where this game will head if UNC gets a couple scores on the board early. Certainly not SCary's (I can't type USC having grown up in So Cal) best defensive edition and Renner may have some early success with Fedora having all offseason to game plan...and like I said...I like him. On the other hand, 'Cocks jump on top and play the type of game you alluded to...they'll likely do this if it's close as well but I don't think there's any guarantee they have a Clemson gameplan going in here with the OBC...tough to tell, regardless I think the ball moves between the 25's with a fair amount of FD's, whatever that leads to...

Hey Man, hope all is well.

I am a big Fedora fan; I think he gets it. Regardless of that, I lean to the under and the underdog in this game. However, I can make strong enough cases against either one to take a pass on this game which is what I'll be doing. While I lean under, I can't help but wonder where this game will head if UNC gets a couple scores on the board early. Certainly not SCary's (I can't type USC having grown up in So Cal) best defensive edition and Renner may have some early success with Fedora having all offseason to game plan...and like I said...I like him. On the other hand, 'Cocks jump on top and play the type of game you alluded to...they'll likely do this if it's close as well but I don't think there's any guarantee they have a Clemson gameplan going in here with the OBC...tough to tell, regardless I think the ball moves between the 25's with a fair amount of FD's, whatever that leads to...

Agree completely. If SoCar gets up early I see Spurrier opening it up. If UNC grabs a few scores early Spurrier will open it up. If it's 7-3 or something after 1Q then I see Spurrier going ball control and the under cashing. Gun to head I go 31-23ish SoCar and that's too close for my comfort either way

Why I bet the Cocks Under:

WR Bruce Ellington probably does not play
TE Busta Anderson will not play

Both have hamstring injuries

You take those 2 away from the SC offense and you've taken away the 2 most dangerous pass catchers on the team.

In the scrimmages this preseason, the USC OL has had trouble pass protecting vs. the 1st team DL but they've been able to open running lanes. What I see happening is USC controlling the TOP with the running game - thus limiting the amount of time UNC offense is on the field/plays the UNC is able to run.

I posted this in a different thread:
If you look at the Clemson-USC games with Chad Morris as OC with the up tempo offense, USC has kept Clemson way below their avg plays-per-game...2012 game was 19 min diff in TOP and USC ran 86 plays (45rus-41pass)...2011 game was a 15min diff in TOP and USC ran 73 plays to Clemson's 60 while rushing 53 times... Same idea here.
You have a UNC OL with 3 new starters and a very good USC DL that should be able to disrupt things.

When USC has the ball, they will milk the clock, the longer the UNC defense is on the field, the more worn out they will get - especially in the 2nd half. Spurrier is perfectly content with running the clock out of this game.

Early in the year, USC certainly has their weaknesses on D with their inexperience at LB but I see the clock melting here without the 2 best pass catchers playing for USC.

Also want to add, USC DL coach Deke Adams and DB coach Grady Brown both coached under Fedora so there is familiarity for the defensive staff with the UNC offense

Thursday:

Cocks Under 56.5 (2.2/2)
Ole Piss -3 (2.2/2)
UCF -13.5 (1st H) (2.2/2)

Late add on UCF 1st half

Back