Wizards/Cavaliers & Bucks/Knicks Preview Article

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Basketball Plays of the Day for November 10: NBA Betting Picks

Washington Wizards vs. Cleveland Cavaliers
Wednesday, November 10, 2021 at 7 p.m. ET at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse in Cleveland

Cleveland Offense vs. Washington Defense

Rim protection is relatively important for a defense to excel at when facing the Cavaliers because they love to score at the basket.

Cleveland relies especially on guard Darius Garland. Garland is adept at driving to the basket as he does it both frequently and efficiently.

Moreover, Evan Mobley and Jarrett Allen are forceful scorers who convert over 70-percent of their opportunities within five feet of the basket.

Mobley is worth highlighting because of the instant impact he has made as a rookie, using his versatility and length to be productive on offense. He's an able passer who also finishes nimbly at the hoop.

These players will thrive against a Wizard defense that continues to lack quality rim-protecting personnel. Hence, Washington allows the fourth-highest field goal percentage within five feet of the basket.

Washington Offense vs. Cleveland Defense

Similar to Cleveland, Washington prefers to score close to the basket.

The Wizards are disinclined to attempt three-pointers, which they are particularly bad at making away from home. Their road three-point percentage is an awful 27.7.

Their reliance on scoring inside will be problematic against a Cavalier defense that ranks ninth in limiting the opponent's field goal percentage within five feet of the basket.

This is a Cavalier squad that likes to have multiple strong rim protectors. As part of their rebuilding endeavor, they let guys like Andre Drummond go.

Now their shot-blockers are younger but still, evidently, solid.

Mobley's impact has been visible on defense as on offense. His versatility allows him to switch. He rotates intelligently.Like Jarrett Allen, he uses his length to be an effective defender inside the restricted area.

Given these match-up details, I think that Cleveland will pull off an upset at home tonight.

Best Bet: Cavaliers +3.5 at -108 with Heritage

Milwaukee Bucks vs. New York Knicks
Wednesday, November 10, 2021 at 7:30 p.m. ET in Madison Square Garden in New York

Knick Defense

Defensively, New York is not what it was last regular season. The regression is, in fact, steep.

Whereas the Knicks owned the fourth-best defensive rating last year, they rank 25th in the category this season.

Milwaukee Offense vs. New York Defense

One respect in which the Knicks are struggling is in perimeter defense.

In particular, they are allowing the second-highest -- and nearly the highest -- rate of wide open three-point attempts.

This stat means that Knick defenders are repeatedly at least six feet away from the opposing three-point shooter.

Perimeter defense is, however, something that defenses need to excel at when they face the Bucks because Milwaukee attempts the fifth-most three-pointers per game.

Offensively, Milwaukee is stacked with players who like to shoot threes, with examples including guards Grayson Allen and Jrue Holiday.

They will get their share of opportunities tonight, as they did in their first meeting against the Knicks.

One may wonder why the Bucks lost that first meeting.

The Bucks lacked sufficient inside scoring ability. Primarily, this lack is Bobby Portis' fault.

Portis had an off day despite performing well against a better Knick defense last year.

He's been repeatedly strong as a scorer, producing double digit point totals and a nice balance of inside and outside scoring in every November game besides the one against the Knicks.

Tonight, Portis gets to redeem himself.

Knick Offense vs. Buck Defense

This year, the Knicks set out to attempt more three-pointers. They attempt the 10th-most this year after ranking 26th in three-pointers attempted per game last year.

High-volume shooters like Kemba Walker and Evan Fournier contribute to this alteration in shot profile.

For this game, this shot profile will hurt the Knicks because Milwaukee has one of the top perimeter defenses, which is why it ranks among the best at limiting opposing three-point percentage.

Unlike the Knicks, they are great at preventing wide open three-point attempts.

Milwaukee's stronger perimeter defense makes it a strong upset candidate.

Best Bet: Bucks +3 at +100 with BetOnline

Disagree. Knicks took the bucks lightly the kfbrt night and as a result got burried and down 21 early then blew them out. They haven’t put together a full 48 minutes in a while but when they are they are really good. The defense, yes, work in progress. Noel and Robinson have both missed games, both questionable for tomorrow, and they did lose their two best perimeter defenders in Payton and bullock. They’ve had stretches in games where they’ve seriously locked teams down but also in those sake games been a siv. Anyways, at home, already w a win over milw, and it being b2b for milw I think we see a solid nyk win here but maybe I’m biased.

i dont care who wins the bucks/nyk game, all i care is that your boy Grayson Allen keeps banging home them treys!! im starting to love that kid!! he cashes that prop piratically every night!!

the wiz/cavs has nobody worth betting 3 point props on so fuck that game! lol.. i would bet cavs if i played sides.

im really starting to share your affection for Grayson Allen, dude gets me paid every day, just bet over 2.5 treys and forget it!! problem is it not gonna be long till they raise his number, i had to lay -140 today, at 1st it was plus money, then ev, small juice, now this,.,. im afraid they starting to catch up to this little cash machine i got going on,, tonight was 1st night booker wasnt 1.5 with some juice, he always hits 2, cant bet over 2.5 with him tho, looks like they did me favor as i dunno if he get his normal 2.. i had to go and find some new blood tonight!! cashed a couple guys that only had to make 1!! lol..

of course i tried to bet a nba side tonight and rolled with Cavs but took the ml and of course they fucking blew it when they were leading damn near entire game!!

and screw the knocks big daddy, one the few 3 point props i lost was on barrett over 1.5 cause they only let him play 20 fucking minutes, fuck that team and their 10 man rotation of mediocre ya'll seem to love!!! lol

towns is still the man, they keep giving him plus money on 2,5 i guess cause he dont shoot as many but he shooting a crazy good clip, made his 3 before halftime!!

im really starting to share your affection for Grayson Allen, dude gets me paid every day, just bet over 2.5 treys and forget it!! problem is it not gonna be long till they raise his number, i had to lay -140 today, at 1st it was plus money, then ev, small juice, now this,.,. im afraid they starting to catch up to this little cash machine i got going on,, tonight was 1st night booker wasnt 1.5 with some juice, he always hits 2, cant bet over 2.5 with him tho, looks like they did me favor as i dunno if he get his normal 2.. i had to go and find some new blood tonight!! cashed a couple guys that only had to make 1!! lol..

of course i tried to bet a nba side tonight and rolled with Cavs but took the ml and of course they fucking blew it when they were leading damn near entire game!!

and screw the knocks big daddy, one the few 3 point props i lost was on barrett over 1.5 cause they only let him play 20 fucking minutes, fuck that team and their 10 man rotation of mediocre ya'll seem to love!!! lol
Bc they were playing like complete trash lol. The bench was what brought them back. Julius was only starter who did a thing

Bc they were playing like complete trash lol. The bench was what brought them back. Julius was only starter who did a thing

Barrett didn’t really get much opportunity. He only took like 2-3 damn shots! Honestly I felt like they could have won if they would have brought starters back after the time out around 4 min when the backups made it close. At some point ya knew the backup magic run out against milw starters, I thought it woulda been a brilliant move to put starters back in down 4, more importantly I woulda cashed several more parlays had Barrett got me 1 more 3!! Lol. Seriously tho, bring starters back and dont tbink milw pulls away after that time out. You can only roll w backups to do so much!

Barrett didn’t really get much opportunity. He only took like 2-3 damn shots! Honestly I felt like they could have won if they would have brought starters back after the time out around 4 min when the backups made it close. At some point ya knew the backup magic run out against milw starters, I thought it woulda been a brilliant move to put starters back in down 4, more importantly I woulda cashed several more parlays had Barrett got me 1 more 3!! Lol. Seriously tho, bring starters back and dont tbink milw pulls away after that time out. You can only roll w backups to do so much!
I hear you bro I’ve seen it go both ways. The starters sat so long maybe they come in and continue to shit the bed, maybe they finish it, the bench had a rhythm and he chose to go w it.

I don’t know what this team does at half but they continually play shit 3rd quarters and get way behind that’s gotta stop.

I hear you bro I’ve seen it go both ways. The starters sat so long maybe they come in and continue to shit the bed, maybe they finish it, the bench had a rhythm and he chose to go w it.

I don’t know what this team does at half but they continually play shit 3rd quarters and get way behind that’s gotta stop.

That would normally be fine with me cause it would mean more 3 point attempts! It was just the wrong guys shooting them tonight! Lol

Back