Wisconsin @ Penn St -6.5

Blue_Chip

Money Addict
Does this worry any of you Penn St bettors?

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. -- Penn State coach Joe Paterno said Tuesday there was no change in status of running back Austin Scott, who will remain suspended for Saturday's game against No. 19 Wisconsin.
Scott, a senior, was suspended the day before last Saturday's win over Iowa for violating a team rule. Officially, he is listed as the Nittany Lions' third-string tailback for the Wisconsin game. Paterno declined to say what rule Scott had broken.
There was no formal investigation into Scott by the university's judicial affairs office as of Tuesday, school officials said.
Meanwhile, Paterno said Tuesday he was looking into the possibility that some Nittany Lions may have been involved in a fight.
The fight comes months after Paterno, angry about an April fight involving football players, decided to force the entire team to pick up garbage the day after games at Beaver Stadium.
"I've been alerted there might have been a couple football players involved in a fight. To what extent, to what degree, what happened, I'm not quite sure yet," Paterno said when asked whether players were involved in a weekend altercation.
"Until I find out what's going on, I think I'd be better off just not getting into that," said Paterno, who then refused to discuss any off-the-field matters involving players.
Tyrone Parham, the assistant university police director, declined to comment on whether any football players were under investigation for any weekend incidents.
"We can't confirm anyone's affiliation with Penn State," Parham said. "We don't confirm anything until a person is charged."
A university police log listed an investigation into an alleged "simple assault/harassment/disorderly conduct" case after being called at 1:45 a.m. Sunday, nearly seven hours after Penn State (4-2) defeated Iowa. One person suffered a bloody nose and was treated at the scene, Parham said.
Also this weekend, two freshmen -- punter Ryan Breen and backup tailback Joe Suhey -- were cited by police for underage drinking. Neither player has seen game action this season.
Tight end Andrew Quarless and backup defensive back Willie Harriott had been suspended by Paterno for a couple games earlier this year after university police cited them for underage drinking.
The rash of legal woes comes about six months after authorities said several players were involved in a fight at an off-campus party in which two people were hurt and treated at a hospital. Ten players were disciplined by the university for their roles in the April 1 altercation.
Two of the players, safety Anthony Scirrotto and defensive lineman Chris Baker, are scheduled to stand trial in December on criminal charges in connection with that fight.

Why are more people not over PSU this week???

I DO NOT know how Wisconsin is going to move the ball on that PSU defense. I think PSU has one of the best pass defenses in the country with that Tom Bradley zone. PSU certaintly can defend the run, Illinois had success by getting out on the edges and Wisconsin won't do that. The Badgers have largely became a passing oriented team. If PSU stops the Badger run this game is over. Wisconsin is a very overrated team, their best game is a close loss to Illinois as MSU and Iowa have not proved worthy. The Badgers are playing off of last years reputation right now but are due for a downslide.

I am not worried about Morelli this game because PSU doesn't need him to do anything but hand the ball off. PSU has an exceptional run game that I think is being overlooked. Wisconsin has a sib of a defense this year. I look for a old fashioned Penn State win. They will dominate time of possession to dominate the game and cover.

because Wisky's D is brutal..

PSU has a ton of inteam issues right now..that team is teetering on losing control..

Wisky has personal issues on D and some injuries..

Move on to the next game is my opinion.

I like PSU, but only if hte spread was -3 or lower. The reason why i like this even more right now is because PSU got rid of that bum Austin Scott that fumbled like it was his job. Anthony Morelli looked good last week and made plays in big spots which many will tell you is not what he is known for.

Something that worries me about this PSU defense is their defensive line. Every week they seem to be getting weaker and weaker. That is probally because they played some of the worst teams in the NCAA's the first three weeks, but Mike Hart basically owned Dan Conner. I would like to think the same thing is going to happen with PJ Hill but the defense plays very well at home for some unknown reason.

I like PSU, but i cannot imagine wisconsin losing another big 10 game. Wisky defensive coordinators know if they can get pressure on him, he will make poor throws and it will result in turnovers. If i was the defensive coordinator for wisky and my defensive linemen were getting to the QB on a frequent basis, i would put a WR out a as a saftey, and use that WR as a spy on other WR's because chances are if morelli's throwing the ball you want someone out there who is use to catching.

I don't even bet college football, but i know enough to stay away from either side in this game.

:cheers:

PSU has a ton of inteam issues right now..that team is teetering on losing control..

Jump, your posts are usually spot on, but this is simply wild speculation on your part. There are no news articles or such to support such a claim.

Florida and Texas have had numerous off field issues as well; are they too teetering on losing control as well?

Losing control is what happened to Mackovic at Arizona a few years back when the players went to the AD and asked him to get rid of that incompetent fuck. Nothing like that going on here...

horses...go read their boards...

They are in full meltdown mode right now..the fans that is...that's always a good pulse for the team..

They've had a suspension, members got in a fight at a party on Sat, and now maybe/most likely rumors swirling on JoePa road rage incident...

It's adding up...that's what i'm referring to.

Jump, fair enough; I always found the msg boards to be a little over the top but I see where you're coming from now. I have an allegiance to PSU (relatives have taught there) so I get a little sensitive when it comes to the Lions. G/L this wknd.

Back