Winston-Salem (ATP) / New Haven (WTA)

theking

Pretty much a regular
Two tournaments nobody wants to play except those who have no points to their name...

Been so busy with work that my tennis time has been limited...but the good news is I quit my job, last day is Tuesday! So its either go big for US Open week or #RobinWilliams:hang:.

But this week is not the US Open...and I do feel like posting my plays/thoughts on the forum as I get ready for the best North American tournament of the year....

Nothing really today in the Winston-Salem or New Haven tournament...I will likely be on Noah Rubin in the late match (5pm pacific timezone). This kid is an absolute stud, probably the best up and coming american player. I don't think he has any ATP matches to date so maybe he will have some 'beginners' luck!

This about sums up the New Haven tournament...

Took K. Nara 1st set ML (+185). Check the score to see she is up 5-1 in the 1st set, double break of Stosur...

Then Stosur holds serve, breaks, hold serves, breaks, holds serve to go up 6-5....Nara holds for the tie break but then loses 7-5 in the breaker.

Yesterday my boy Noah Rubin was serving for the match in the 3rd set and decided to get broken 40-love....

0-2 so far this week......:benchpress:

Worst loss in a while for me. Just unreal shit. Was up a break in the 2nd set which would have covered the spread. Had 3 MP in the 2nd Set Tiebreka. Just UNREAL

Is it me or is betting in game doubles underdog usually a good bet? I don't know about you guys but the rate in which big leads are blown is unbelieveable!

Pure luck. You had the Under so we both a Woz blowout. She just started out the gate AWFUL. After the first 3 games, it was all her.

Pure luck. You had the Under so we both a Woz blowout. She just started out the gate AWFUL. After the first 3 games, it was all her.

yah man I figured if I was going to wager a Wozzy game I'd have to take a stab at the under or have her as a fav. it's hilarious that whenever the game goes to 3 sets with her, you are bound to see a 6-1 or 6-2 set some where.
Real wild card with her, but nevertheless she's playing a lot better since the break up

Wow some sick beats going down in this tournament...

I'm laying off any action in these 250 events today. Got some qualifier action going with Benjamin Mitchell on the men's side.

So dumb to take Jerzy. Fucking mental head fuck case. Playing a clay courter who is awful on hard and Jerzy goes and decides to shit the bed

Sousa is comfortable behind the baseline against heavy hitters like Jerzy....I love this Sousa's game but he has a shit serve...Jerzy is not out of this match

Did you see how? Sousa hit the ball off Jerzy out of the court on a pass and the umpire called out and game Jerzy rather than deuce...

Sousa snapped...the crowd was all shouting "the ball hit him". umpire looked like a chump. Jerzy came over and claimed it did not hit him. Almost double faulted three times in a row before holding serve lol. what a match

:rofl: I turned it off. Jerzy is such a fucking ass.

Reminds me of when Milos touched the net last year vs Del Potro in Montreal.

I swear is Jerzy's coach Xavier Malisse? dude is the prime example of pure raw talent with a good mix of mental headcase.
I mean it wasn't too long ago when Jerzy was like top 20?

Back