Will Bama be double digit dog to Gators?

I think much still depends on how UF and Bama perform in their final games leading up to the SEC championship. Sagarin dictates about a 12.5 line, but not sure that would receive equal action, although I'm thinking of how the SEC fans would take the points with Bama. The rest of the nation might view the matchup differently.

It all depends on how AL plays Auburn. I'm sure allot of people have written AU off, but this game is traditionally played close. JPW has not had a meltdown like the people in state know he is capable of doing. AU defense held Stafford pretty well. I know GA's line is young, but there will be a bunch of emotion in the AU/AL game, as Tub's tries steal one from Bama. If played close, as always, I would think AL +8 - +8.5.

One very important note. The fastest team in the country will be that much faster in this SEC-CG, its played on turf.... UF by 17

It all depends on how AL plays Auburn. I'm sure allot of people have written AU off, but this game is traditionally played close. JPW has not had a meltdown like the people in state know he is capable of doing. AU defense held Stafford pretty well. I know GA's line is young, but there will be a bunch of emotion in the AU/AL game, as Tub's tries steal one from Bama.

This is what I was getting at in my post above, I just wasn't as articulate in explaining it as booksbestfriend.

One very important note. The fastest team in the country will be that much faster in this SEC-CG, its played on turf.... UF by 17

Agree. I think most people will realize this as the game nears. I'm hoping for a Bama blowout of Auburn so that the line on UF is as small as possible. The problem I see in the SEC-CG is that Bama was never had to fight from behind (minus those few minutes vs LSU). Once running is no longer an option, the weight is on JPW's shoulders and I think people have forgotten how he performs under those circumstances. That is what I admire about Saban's gameplan this season. He knows he cannot trust JPW in the clutch, so Saban has made stars out of Coffee, Upchurch, and Ingram. Bama runs to set up the pass, so the pressure is not on JPW. When Fla jumps out to a lead at some point in the first half, then JPW must perform, and when JPW must perform for half the game, I like my money on Fla.

BC, that was my next point. Bama won't jump out to a lead on UF, they will have to play from behind, the run won't work and it will be up to JPW. Bama might of peaked already, UF continues to get better because their defense continues to improve.

i see a 10 point spread. AU game won't be a blow out. I do not see how UF can just automatically stop the run though. Bama should be able to run as long as they want to, and this will obviously be the gameplan to try to keep UF off the field.

i see a 10 point spread. AU game won't be a blow out. I do not see how UF can just automatically stop the run though. Bama should be able to run as long as they want to, and this will obviously be the gameplan to try to keep UF off the field.

I agree.......I know that UF has the most powerful O around (sans TTech), and they are super athletic, but I think that a solid O can move the ball on them. I think Bama can win the battle up front. Only think keeping me from thinking Bama can win SU is that JPW can be counted on for 1-2 f**k-ups per game.

It'd be tough not to hop on Saban +10.5 or more...

Agree Tide but there is no value on UF right now, especially with every sports pundit in the country claiming them as the best team in the country. Believe they are between +200 and +230 to win it all.

haha..

I totally understand the Florida love, I really do,,they look like world beaters.

The one advantage that FL has is the unorthodox offense they run. Week in and week out the SEC plays pretty much a one back, power "I", or a three wide shotgun to throw out of on long down and distance. FL brings one of the most effective Run-Pass spread formations in the country. What makes it so hard to defend, is the fact that it is not played throughout the SEC. FL does not have to change their defenseive scheme that much to face the next opponent, as they pretty much faced the same offensive set the week before.

If given time to scheme, I have as much confidence in Saban's coaching ability as any coach in the nation. He could come up with a game plan to stop FL, but they play this the week after the regular season ends. AL cannot afford to look ahead on talent alone. FL can, speed kills. If this was the NT game, I would lean AL b/c of the time to prepare. But it is not.

FL has gotten much love around the country (ESPN). This will probably set the line over DD due to national perspective on the match-up. I posted earlier my opinion on the line (8-8.5). The line will probably be highger. Not because it is where the game will fall, but to draw money from both sides. If this line goes DD, I will back BAMA, as I see the game "CLOSER THAN THE EXPERTS THINK".

Back