Will 2007 be Lloyd Carr's Last Year at Michigan?

RJ Esq

Prick Since 1974
From thewizardofodds.blogspot.com:

Is the 2007 Season Carr's Last at Michigan?

Indications are growing that Lloyd Carr, 61, is preparing to step down as Michigan coach after the 2007 season. Jim Carty of the Ann Arbor News reports on a slight change in language in Carr's contract that is fueling speculation. Carr's past contracts have promised a $300,000 bonus if he is employed as Wolverine coach on July 1. The new language simply that states that Carr be employed by the university in any capacity until July 1, 2008. Carr was unavailable for comment, but athletic director Bill Martin acknowledged that he has discussed retirement with Carr. The 2007 Wolverines will be senior heavy, and Carr has faced increasing criticism for his inability to beat Ohio State and win bowl games.

They will go unbeaten in the regular season and get CRUSHED by USC.. like this year. Just dont have the speed or the coaches to deal with the trojans

I am a big MI backer and I have been saying for 3 years now that Carr must go. If you can't beat OSU, then you shouldn't be there. The MO is the same in OSU country. Can't be MI, you get canned. He is a nice coach who always gets outcoached in the big games. And please don;t give me he beat Weiss this year and Weiss is a better coach. True, Weiss is a better coach but we all saw what ND did against the best teams, thumped. That was just superior talent vs. mediocre talent. Send Lloyd packing!!!

I have followed this closely...

He is done, finito. Sorry buckeye fans our Johnny Cooper is gone after this year. He will be asssociate AD which sucks though because he will more than likely pick his successor. If it is Mike Debord (UM offensive Coordinator)I might have to kill myself.

I see it being someone with UM ties which is ok I guess but I would really like them to search nationally.

Candidates will be Ron English, Mike Trgovac, Scott Loeffler, Jim Harbaugh.

The guy I like is Brian Kelly at Cinncy.

UM has not run the shotgun spread in yers, whoever is there needs to implement it and utilize the talent they have. IMO the coaching has been the downfall, not the talent.

Looks like Lloyd can't close on in state recruits either...ROJO is as good as gone.

Rivals.com Michigan Top 30 2007 | Rivals.com Football Recruiting | last sorted on 1/29/2007
<TABLE class=prospectranking cellSpacing=0><TBODY><TR class=header><TD class=htwt style="PADDING-LEFT: 10px; TEXT-ALIGN: left" colSpan=3>2007 Rank</TD><TD class=position>Pos</TD><TD class=htwt>Ht/Wt</TD><TD class=schools>Schools</TD></TR><TR><TD class=rank>1</TD><TD class=name>Ronald Johnson
Muskegon (MI) Muskegon</TD><TD noWrap>
staryellow.gif
staryellow.gif
staryellow.gif
staryellow.gif
staryellow.gif
</TD><TD class=position>WR</TD><TD class=htwt>6-0/177</TD><TD class=schools>list</TD></TR><TR class=commentary><TD></TD><TD colSpan=5>Proved this season that he's the best in the state at both receiver or defensive back.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=rank>2</TD><TD class=name>Dionte Allen
Orchard Lake (MI) St. Mary's</TD><TD noWrap>
staryellow.gif
staryellow.gif
staryellow.gif
staryellow.gif
</TD><TD class=position>DB</TD><TD class=htwt>5-11/175</TD><TD class=schools>Florida Statehttp://rivals100.rivals.com/commitlist.asp?Year=2007&School=22&Sport=1</TD></TR><TR class=commentary><TD></TD><TD colSpan=5>There are no flaws in Allen's game and he may just be the best tackling cornerback in the country</TD></TR><TR><TD class=rank>3</TD><TD class=name>Joseph Barksdale
Detroit (MI) Cass Tech</TD><TD noWrap>
staryellow.gif
staryellow.gif
staryellow.gif
staryellow.gif
</TD><TD class=position>DT</TD><TD class=htwt>6-6/323</TD><TD class=schools>LSUhttp://rivals100.rivals.com/commitlist.asp?Year=2007&School=37&Sport=1</TD></TR><TR class=commentary><TD></TD><TD colSpan=5>Proved again as a senior that he's one of the nation's best DTs.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=rank>4</TD><TD class=name>Keith Nichol
Lowell (MI) Lowell</TD><TD noWrap>
staryellow.gif
staryellow.gif
staryellow.gif
staryellow.gif
</TD><TD class=position>QB</TD><TD class=htwt>6-2/195</TD><TD class=schools>Oklahomahttp://rivals100.rivals.com/commitlist.asp?Year=2007&School=57&Sport=1</TD></TR><TR class=commentary><TD></TD><TD colSpan=5>Sharp mechanics, strong arm and a playmaker's mentality will make him a star at Oklahoma.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=rank>5</TD><TD class=name>Darris Sawtelle
Birmingham (MI) Brother Rice</TD><TD noWrap>
staryellow.gif
staryellow.gif
staryellow.gif
staryellow.gif
</TD><TD class=position>OL</TD><TD class=htwt>6-6/295</TD><TD class=schools>Tennesseehttp://rivals100.rivals.com/commitlist.asp?Year=2007&School=80&Sport=1</TD></TR><TR class=commentary><TD></TD><TD colSpan=5>Controlled chaos is the best way to describe the always intense, well-schooled Sawtelle.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=rank>6</TD><TD class=name>Chris Colasanti
Lakeville (MI) Brother Rice</TD><TD noWrap>
staryellow.gif
staryellow.gif
staryellow.gif
staryellow.gif
</TD><TD class=position>LB</TD><TD class=htwt>6-2/209</TD><TD class=schools>Penn Statehttp://rivals100.rivals.com/commitlist.asp?Year=2007&School=61&Sport=1</TD></TR><TR class=commentary><TD></TD><TD colSpan=5>When he finishes out his career, Penn State fans will be lauding Colasanti with the likes of Arrington and Posluszny.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=rank>7</TD><TD class=name>Mark Dell
Farmington Hills (MI) Harrison</TD><TD noWrap>
staryellow.gif
staryellow.gif
staryellow.gif
staryellow.gif
</TD><TD class=position>WR</TD><TD class=htwt>6-1/177</TD><TD class=schools>Michigan Statehttp://rivals100.rivals.com/commitlist.asp?Year=2007&School=45&Sport=1</TD></TR><TR class=commentary><TD></TD><TD colSpan=5>A Lynn Swann type with great athleticism and tremendous leaping ability. Great, great get for Sparty.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=rank>8</TD><TD class=name>Cedric Everson
Detroit (MI) Mumford</TD><TD noWrap>
staryellow.gif
staryellow.gif
staryellow.gif
staryellow.gif
</TD><TD class=position>ATH</TD><TD class=htwt>6-1/178</TD><TD class=schools>Georgia Techhttp://rivals100.rivals.com/commitlist.asp?Year=2007&School=27&Sport=1</TD></TR><TR class=commentary><TD></TD><TD colSpan=5>Probably the fastest player in the state.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=rank>9</TD><TD class=name>Steven Threet
Adrian (MI) </TD><TD noWrap>
staryellow.gif
staryellow.gif
staryellow.gif
staryellow.gif
</TD><TD class=position>QB</TD><TD class=htwt>6-6/225</TD><TD class=schools>Georgia Techhttp://rivals100.rivals.com/commitlist.asp?Year=2007&School=27&Sport=1</TD></TR><TR class=commentary><TD></TD><TD colSpan=5>Big, strong armed quarterback has the potential to be a three-year starter in a BCS Conference program</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

ouch

I thought he was on the hot seat this last year? In my opinion in order to get off the hot seat you have to one or two of the following things.
1. Beat your biggest rival if you've had trouble with them in the past.
2. Win the conference
3. Win your bowl game
4. Win the BCS championship
4. If do none of the above have a good record against a difficult schedule.

He didn't do any of those, his best win all year was probably Wisconsin(I'm sorry Notre Dame was way overrated). He only beat the teams Michigan is suppose to beat. Like Fondy, as a Wisconsin fan I hope he stays forever. As person who lost a shitload of money on the Rose Bowl I hope he gets canned and can only get a job in the World League. I'm bitter about Lloyd Carr.

train,

It's Michigan..a good ole boy program, they don't just up and fire people. The president of the university sucks and the athletic director sucks. uncle lloyd will have his own handpicked successor who will keep the 1970's offense alive so don't worry about it ohio state and wisky fans.

Losing ROJO..ife he does decide to go elswhere is the icing on the cake that Carr needs to go or will be announcing he is leaving shortly..I would imagine the spring game at least.

I know I'm late but I just wanted to chime in.

Loyd Carr can do one of two things that will save him a spot for 2008.

1. Beat Ohio State.

2. Win the Big 10 and a BCS game

If he beats OSU, he is back for sure.

If he doesn't, but wins the big 10 AND a BCS game he will keep his spot.

If he fails both of those he is done.

Back