Totals: 13-8 +5.55
Teaser: 8-5+ 7.85
Parlays 1-2 +1.85
Prop : 4-1 +3.25
Half 5-5 -1.20
Team Totals: 1-1 +0.15

Playoffs: 0-0

Margin Against the Close
The MAC system requires that a teams MAC score is either + or – 40 and if they are a fade team (score in the +) they had to have covered the prior week. If they are a PLAY ON team, they had to have not covered last week. The purpose of the MAC is to measure a team’s performance against the markets expectations.

Mac Fades
Overall 14-6 +7.40
MAC Play On
Overall 11-5 +5.50

Combined: 25-11 +12.80 69%

Week 17 MAC Plays:
Fades: AZ (+57) W
Play On: TITANS (-50.5) L

My strategy in the playoffs is to filter out the media noise. The noise of "momentum", "playoff experience", "dangerous team", etc, etc, and keep the same objective stance used in the regular season.

BENGALS +3, -120 (1.25), BENGALS +130 (.25) and UNDER 46 (1.25)
My Line: Cincy -1.5 43.5

I bet this game on Wednesday, trying to get in before the books raise their limits and the pro's come in start whacking. I thought they would start whacking Cincy ASAP, and the line would drop. Looks like it took a bit longer with Pinny now showing Pitt -1.5.

rAxn2m0Py5yF1AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Value for the most part is gone on Cincy.....I would consider a small bet at anything + money. If you like Cincy, I would wait until to closer to post as the public may come in and hammer the Pitt at a the low, "all they have to is win", number.

IMO, the loss of D'Angelo Williams is a HUGE deal. We it last year in the playoffs, when the team lost Bell. The fact is, that this offense relies on a back that has the skill sets of Bell and Williams. The offensive line, and the offense as a whole is good enough to take a "good" back like Williams, and elevate him to near pro-bowl status. However, it's not good enough (and I don't of an offense that is), to take an undrafted F.A., who has been cut multiple times, and have him make a difference. The Steelers -3 is absolutely ridiculous. The Bengals, despite losing their starting QB won the division. The Steelers, needed help to make the playoffs. Game is in Cincy, and I like a Bengals team, getting NO RESPECT to win this game. Call it 24-20.

PROP BETS:
Will there be a successful 2 pt conversion? YES +350 (.50)

Considering that Pitt is 8/11 on 2 pt conversions during the year, I will take a shot that between both squads, a 2 pt conversion will be attempted and converted.

Will be back...GL.

1/10

Thanks fellas.......:cheers3:

Good start to the playoffs. Cincy had every chance to win the game SU, but can't complain about netting 1.75 units. Had TWO shot to hit the prop bet.....hard to argue there.

Sunday:

MINNY +4.5, +110 (1) - (holding the local square here) MINNY +190 (.25)
My Line: Sea -2No Lynch is a bid deal IMO. Enough to weigh a .5 on my PR. From a confidence standpoint, both teams are riding a high wave, but Minny has some short revenge from the 30-8 drubbing they took at home on 12/6 against this very team.

Be back....GL....:shake:

MAC Rankings - Playoffs

Sample Size is too small for me to play in the playoffs, but I will continue to track:

1/9:

FADES: TEXANS (+40) W

1/10:

FADES: SEATTLE (+41), MINNESOTA (+59) [NO BETS AS THEY PLAY CANCEL EACH OTHER], WASHINGTON (+51.5).

FINAL MAC RANKINGS - PLAYOFF TEAMS

[TABLE="width: 360"]
<colgroup><col><col></colgroup><tbody>[TR]
[TD]Team (Ranking listed on left)
[/TD]
[TD]Total MAC
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]1. Carolina Panthers
[/TD]
[TD]140
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2. Arizona Cardinals
[/TD]
[TD]91.5
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]3. Cincinnati Bengals
[/TD]
[TD]73.5
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]4. Pittsburgh Steelers
[/TD]
[TD]71
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]5. Minnesota Vikings
[/TD]
[TD]66
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]6. Kansas City Chiefs
[/TD]
[TD]65.5
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]7. Seattle Seahawks
[/TD]
[TD]53
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]8. Washington Redskins
[/TD]
[TD]53
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]9. Houston Texans
[/TD]
[TD]46.5
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]11. Denver Broncos
[/TD]
[TD]23.5
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]17. New England Patriots
[/TD]
[TD]-26
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]18. Green Bay Packers
[/TD]
[TD]-26

[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

So the question is, does a teams total season MAC total have meaning, and if so, how much? Consider that the top 9 teams in MAC ratings all made the playoffs. This is depicted in the chart above.

Teams that fill the gap between 11-17

12. Bears 0
13. Giants -3
14, Oakland -7
15. Buffalo -12
16. Lions -13

From this view, the Packers and Patriots stick out like a sore thumb.

WASHINGTON PK (1.25)
My line: Was -2.5

Multiple quotes from packer players, amount to: “We don’t know what we are doing offensively”.
Packers since Nov 1: 3-7 SU (counting the hail mary game as a loss), playing 7/10 games on the road. The fact of the matter is that this team changed play calling duties a couple games back, attempting to focus more on the run. Problem is that personnel wise, they don’t have it. Lacey and Starks have been mediocre ALL season. The wide receivers cannot create separation.
Today they will face a team whose DB’s will in fact give them trouble, and whose front 7 has steadily improved. I understand that Cousins is making his first career playoff start, but once the ball snaps, it becomes nothing more than another story line for the media. Hide the name of the teams and look at the results and metrics for the past two months, then tell me the Packers are the better team. None of my handicapping signals give me a reason to back GB. Only the “MAC” readings have me from betting more.

Good Luck.

Back