Wild cards

Yanks27Sox9

CTG Partner
For shits & giggles, plus it keeps me interested/fully engaged...

TB ML +105 for 1

PHI ff -115 for 1

TOR ff -.5 (+115) for 1
TOR RL -1.5 (+170) for 1/2

SD/NYM ff un 3 (-110) for 1
SD ML +135 for 1/2

The Rays/Guardians series is a total coin flip. Cleveland is hot, and TB is not. That said, just feel this is as close to a must win as possible for the Rays. Interesting that these two just played a series last week. Clev won 2 out of 3 in both match ups TY. Anyhow, still got Bieber's last playoff start in my head (7 runs allowed, i think) so rolling with my gut in game one.

Phillies actually have a huge SP advantage in these first two games. Don't think they'll take the series, but they could give the Cards some trouble. Check Wheeler's numbers since returning from injury, and his starts vs STL TY. I know Quintana has been amazing lately, but it's hard to forget how awful he's been for many years. Anyhow, the Phils can hit lefties and feel best about them having the lead after 5 innings. Like too many Ps around MLB, Wheeler often burns thru a lot of pitches so can't count on him to go past 6 or 7.

If the Ms were at home, I'd consider their ML. Other than JRod though, the BJays lineup is just significantly better overall. Great series match up, but it'll take a miracle for the Ms to pull this off in Toronto. When Castillo has given up runs as an M, it's typically been on the road. 3 of his L4 road starts were not good...and the BJays lineup is light years better than KC or OAK (as the most recent examples of his road starts).

Darvish had been amazing vs the Mutts, and Mad Max should be dealing too. Both lineups struggle, and are fairly weak (considering). Love this early under, before any pens get involved. If NY comes back with deGrom in game two, then this game is the Friars best chance of making it a series.

Will adjust live if necessary, but this is how I see the game one's playing out tomorrow. Should be a helluva weekend, between these games and football. :tiphat:

almost a reverse sweep today, smh... yet was really only off base with the Ms/BJays game.

TB/CLE was indeed a coin flip. They split HRs, but the Tribe/Guardians had a runner on base with theirs, which was the difference in the game. Bieber was dealing though, and was much better than I expected to see today. Will tell you this, no BS...if that's how the Guardians pitch, they will roll the Yankees in the next round. I know what their lineup is, but they can still hit enough HRs (and put the ball in play enough) to beat an extremely flawed NYY team.

Was spot on with Wheeler too, and that the Phils pen would blow it for him. Only problem was that they couldn't push across a lousy run thru the 1st five. Never woulda bet that Helsley would've done his best Aroldis Chapman impersonation though. That part was unexpected.

Was completely off base with the Toronto plays. Seattle bum rushed them, taking advantage of Manoah's lack of control, and that was the game. BJays could never get off the mat from there. Now I hope they get swept. Gotta pull for the underdog Ms, having lived a year in Seattle.

Had the nightcap mostly correct too, with one exception...Mad Max doing his best Gerrit Cole impersonation. He single handedly made the Friars look like the Bronx Bombers. 4 HRs? Damn, son...is that one postseason HR allowed for every 10 million you got paid this year? Other then the BoSux, guess it couldn't happen to a better team. Glad both Cora's were there to experience it, hehe.

On to Saturday...

TB ML -102 for 1
SEA ML +140 for 1/2
SD/NYM un 6 -112 for 1
STL ML +105 for 1

goes without saying that the above is fade material, lol. ;)
lets see if the Rays and Cards can make this a series, and avoid getting swept. as stated, hope the BJays do get swept...even if I doubt they will. and hopefully deGrom doesn't shit the bed. that was way too many runs for these two lineups.

now, globally speaking...
best of 3 series, and 3 visitors won. i'm old school, and have written enough in my football threads about changes to the game...but if all these home teams lose series, again, Manfred is fucking things up. it's historically been way too easy on the lessor teams in the playoffs. why play 162 if you're gonna de-value it in October?

Poor Rays got hosed. Already gave my thoughts on that silly BS. Still glad to see both TB and Toronto get knocked out.

Way too many runs in the Mutts/Friar series, so you how to assure a pitcher's duel tomorrow... :)

SD/NYM over 6.5 (-115) for 1

Back