• Thread starter Thread starter Billivy
  • Start date Start date
B

Billivy

that's the question you have to ask yourselves...lol

i don't have an answer...

i'm playing the Mavs and laying the small number,
(Dallas -4 (550 to win 500)

Dallas is great covering these deflated road spreads...and are way too deep not to be able to substain the possible loss of howard for this one.

so minny has covered 5 of the last 6 against Dallas soo what?
so dallas played last night and minny is rested soo what?

Dallas is 8-2 ATS on 0 nights rest and much better ATS on the road than home...why? because the lines are deflated in these situations and Dallas doesn't lose basketball games anymore...if you agree Dallas pulls it off, it's not much to ask for in a 4 point window? Minny almost took them out IN Dallas last time around, the Mavs will not be caught like that again. They beat up on ATL and conserved some energy last night...I expect a full effort out of Dallas tonight in a steady onslaught of offensive effeciency.

Dallas 102 (50% from the field)
Minny 90 (44% from the field)

Josh Howard also stretched the shit out of his ankle last night, and he's questionable tonight. Without him, it's like seattle without Rashard or the Lakers without Odom.....

well, no not quite that bad, but it's a significant loss for Dallas...

-4 is awfully tempting, but last time they played, it was -10 for the Mavs at home...should be perhaps more like -3. Before the injuries.

Shrug...it ain't a free lunch, and it's a tough spot, so it's no free lunch....but I do think your reasoning and play makes a lot of sense.

GL, sir.

I was confident at -5.5 keeping in mind that Howard was possibly out, which is now the case apparently. -4 for a team like Dallas on the road he has performed on B2B situations on the road is tough not too play. In fact I also like to play back a team in their first game without a critical player. They are more focused and play with more purpose, and given the depth of this bench, you know someone will step up. To add to this, Minnesota in my opinion, has absolutely not many offensive options. They run the same plays, which Dallas should be able to defend with ease.

Guess we'll find out tonight. I know I'm gonna hit the -4 or anything less even harder.

Good luck.

i already stated my acknowledgement of the fact that Howard probably wont play, this doesnt bother me as the Mavs have many many offensive weapons and play SMART offensive basketball...

also, the Lakers have played BETTER without Odom...lol, since his return they've been horrible and his game has been in the toilet...(Walton needs to come back)...

however, i'm not asking you to play it...it's my play...lol

GL It will come down to KG having a big night or not

no it wont...if that were the case, Minny would have a better record...the key is to not put much emphasis on KG...let him get his, for the rest of the team to score w/o neglect on defense. it's a common theme, when a team has little firepower other than their superstar...you have to allow for a big night from him if your going to control game

i already stated my acknowledgement of the fact that Howard probably wont play, this doesnt bother me as the Mavs have many many offensive weapons and play SMART offensive basketball...

Josh Howard, Devean George, Greg Buckner, are all OUT...that's a little more than "Howard probably won't play", and the Mavs depth is suddenly not all that comforting. I also think you underestimate Howard's importance - the offense Very Often flows through him even if Dirk winds up putting the ball in.

Stating Luke Walton is the key to the Lakers' success strikes me as a little like saying Wally Sczerbiak is the lynchpin to the Celtics winning streak...last night Odom had 19 Pts, 14 Reb, and 9 Ast....maybe he has to actually get the triple double to be more important than Luke in your mind?

Your question was "why wouldn't dallas cover", so I answered it. I didn't say they won't. In fact I said I like your reasoning. But you're acting like this is profoundly obvious, and I don't think it is. Though if it gets lower, I might have to join you...

GL tonight.

I really like Dallas tonight, I think the injuries will keep them honest. It does worry me that they have nobody to guard Ricky Davis though. I mean, Jason Terry is about the only swing left on their roster.

bearde...as silly as it sounds, walton is one of the major "keys" to the lakers success this season. he's one of those players that sets an offense when kobe's on the bench or in one of those 2-3 minute non-productive modes. odom has half as aggressive and half as successfull driving to the basket since his return which is what was really starting to open things up offensively for LA. Walton also moved fairly well w/o the basket and was the recipient of a lot of Kobe dishes for open mid-range jumpers when Bryant drew the double team. (same result when they worked it into bynum and the kickout was to the left wing)...

buckner/george mean very little to me, sometimes they give a lift off the bench and george is looked upon for his experience but the Dallas Mavericks have several favorable matchups on the floor starting tonight and still enough energy off the bench to take care of this, of late pesky minnesota squad. the simple fact of the matter is, is that when your playing like this...very few things get in your way

you might say well i got lucky b/c howard played...

no one player is gettin in the way of the mavs right now...lol

Nice call, Dallas is all that and more. MN fans should demand a refund for tixs, no show, another NBA team taking the night off, one of the worst displays

Nice hit Billy.

The crowd, announced at 13,326, was as quiet as ever despite the high-profile opponent. Late in the fourth quarter, one fan sitting in the pricey seats near midcourt screamed, "Can you at least get five guys out there who pretend like they want to win!?"

an_roll_laugh.gif

Nice hit Billy.

The crowd, announced at 13,326, was as quiet as ever despite the high-profile opponent. Late in the fourth quarter, one fan sitting in the pricey seats near midcourt screamed, "Can you at least get five guys out there who pretend like they want to win!?"

an_roll_laugh.gif

Poor KG, I wish they would let him out of purgatory.

KG gives 110% every game. I can't imagine how he feels when he looks around and sees the only other person giving any effort is Ricky Davis.

Back