Why Would the NFL Make a Mockery of Itself?$?$

wiseplayer

Pretty much a regular
What a disgrace the Pro Bowl has turned out to be. Is it necessary? Of course it i$.

First it was the draft between 2 ego maniacs who can't play anymore but say they can school each other 1 on 1.

Somehow the players are on offense are now the players who aren't trying. Last year it was the defense. This year there are no kickoffs.

There's a 2 minute warning before each quarter but when offensive players aren't trying what's the point?

This is embarrassing as a fan to watch this WWF type product.

The biggest difference having the greatest effect on this game are the rule changes for the defense. Allowing stunting along with cover 2 and press coverage (instead of only man to man, previous rule) has changed this game dramatically.

I see nothing wrong with the game yesterday....wasn't all that interesting but everyone appeared to be giving some effort.

Wise- you know your just pissed Sammy Badfraud isn't in game. So predictable you are

It did enter my mind that our #1 overall 2010 QB hasn't come close to sniffing a Pro Bowl or even a winning season yet. Lol. But according to Bradford supporter's, his stats are really good! The only hope there is for this guy is that he learned from his backup how to maneuver in the pocket consistently to extend plays. With his led feet, he'll need too.

That "mockery" drew over 11 million viewers....last year had over 12 million which was more than any ALCS/NLCS, NBA Conference Final, or any Stanley Cup Final game. I agree it is pretty lame but it still draws viewers. I watched a few plays and it seemed better than in the past....they finally let the DB's play man instead of zone only and they were actually trying. Shit Derrick Johnson went helmet to helmet on Charles.....

When the game is meaningless why watch? There were plays where guys didn't try. At least preseason guys are playing for their jobs.

I don't know the answer but over 11 million watched.....I know I watched those other events but for some reason America loves its NFL no matter what.....

With the SB on the horizon, all attention is where it needs to be. In the meantime, throw us a bone and give us a meaningless game full of camaraderie and good intentions to tide us over. It was a better product this year than in the recent past, and some folks got to cash a gift under bet. Seeing the expression on Prime's face when his team got worked in the last minute of the game after practically leading the whole time was worth it by itself. Good shit. Thanks NFL, you rule.

I don't know the answer but over 11 million watched.....I know I watched those other events but for some reason America loves its NFL no matter what.....

It's probably best to use better indicators of how many people watched though...like comparing that 11 million to the number that watched the Championship games, which was 53 million. So, if you wanna break it down, only about 20% of the people who "watch the NFL" actually watched the Pro Bowl. Let's not act as if it's this ratings coup for the NFL, when it probably pales in comparison to a regular Sunday viewership.

11 million people watched the MLB All Star game this past year as well, which as you pointed out, is more than the ratings they get for individual games in the ALCS/NLCS. Also, those sports (MLB, NBA) obviously have more than one game in their Championship Series as well as Finals, but they are watched by less people per game.

Back