Why is Twins Line plummeting?

Line Exploiter

Pretty much a regular
They are one of the hotter teams in BB and have a hot pitcher vs a slumping pitcher? They are at home and it doesn't appear anybody besides Catcher Suzuki is sitting out today's game? I know Detroit is hitting the ball at a tremendous clip, but their bullpen sucks and I would think Minn will at least outscore Detroit! Anybody have thoughts because I love Minn today but something is wrong when a line goes from 160 to 120?

Gibson threw a shitload of pitches in his last two starts. Over 220 pitches. That's the most he's thrown in two consecutive games in his career.

Good point, but he has thrown a lot of pitches all year? Threw 118 pitches on 6/5 and 6/10 with a good performance after those in St Louis? He seems to be getting better and better, plus Detroit pitcher has been terrible!

Detroit is 8-22 SU their L30 games which they've failed to score at least 7 runs in. Can this guy & the Twins pen on balance not restrict the Tigers to 6 tops? I think that's the question to ask, because the Tigers not crossing the 7 run threshold suck.

No baseball capper here but maybe a lot was due to his history against Det? It isn't the prettiest. With that being said, Detroit is straight fade material right now. Friday night was that 'defining' game that ended the season, imo. Faded them yesterday and did again today and will in the better spots for the rest of this month, at least.

i'd be careful to call it the end of the season with that lineup, but Shane Greene can't pitch on the major league level right now and I'm not sure Simon can either

I agree with you BAR, unless a Major trade is made before the deadline! I had bigger money on 1rst 5 innings, but also Minn '1.5 for the game!

i'd be careful to call it the end of the season with that lineup, but Shane Greene can't pitch on the major league level right now and I'm not sure Simon can either

And I will obviously listen to a premier MLB capper like yourself...

My reasoning...fwiw...and discussion...

1. Miggy out for another month+ at least...
2. The bullpen keeps getting worse...

3. The offense has heatd up and ranks #1 in a lot of categories with Victor getting healthy, Kinsler finally showing a pulse and J.D just on a huge heater right now but that should all regress to a commonplace imo. I was shocked at how well they hit for a week after Cabby got hurt but guys stepped up.

4. I still think Friday night was just devastating. Your old ace pitches a wonderful game and obviously we shoulda been 2-0 against twins entering weekend. I just feel like I saw this in the late '00's a few times with the Tigs...

5. Dombrowski says 'we are in it to win this year' but how do you get nothing for Price. He isn't resigning. With the schedule getting a bit tougher after break...IMO..you need to start getting prospects because our farm is nothing great right now...JMO, again.

I started the 'Pasta' fade...he was great first few months but the regression was coming...

And I will obviously listen to a premier MLB capper like yourself...

My reasoning...fwiw...and discussion...

1. Miggy out for another month+ at least...
2. The bullpen keeps getting worse...

3. The offense has heatd up and ranks #1 in a lot of categories with Victor getting healthy, Kinsler finally showing a pulse and J.D just on a huge heater right now but that should all regress to a commonplace imo. I was shocked at how well they hit for a week after Cabby got hurt but guys stepped up.

4. I still think Friday night was just devastating. Your old ace pitches a wonderful game and obviously we shoulda been 2-0 against twins entering weekend. I just feel like I saw this in the late '00's a few times with the Tigs...

5. Dombrowski says 'we are in it to win this year' but how do you get nothing for Price. He isn't resigning. With the schedule getting a bit tougher after break...IMO..you need to start getting prospects because our farm is nothing great right now...JMO, again.

agree he isn't resigning but you have to consider our chances at the wildcard, because even if we don't trade price we'll get a comp pick at the end of the first round, so it's not like we're getting nothing. If the difference between value between a trade return and the draft pick isn't that much, you take the chance at the wild card and fill in the stadium seats.

main reason is that gibson's peripherals are much worse than his ERA. Can he continue to outpitch his SIERA, FIP and xFIP by a whole run? Probably not.

agree he isn't resigning but you have to consider our chances at the wildcard, because even if we don't trade price we'll get a comp pick at the end of the first round, so it's not like we're getting nothing. If the difference between value between a trade return and the draft pick isn't that much, you take the chance at the wild card and fill in the stadium seats.

Yeah, I know we get a pick.

I just think after the return from break that things start bad and WC is out of reach to be honest. We'll see...

Does this mean you are not interested in betting on them?

Yeah, I know we get a pick.

I just think after the return from break that things start bad and WC is out of reach to be honest. We'll see...

right right.. but is the return of a trade for a rental better than the pick + the chance at a run + the revenue of Price bringing people to the park vs. Buck Farmer? We'll have to see what the offers are.

right right.. but is the return of a trade for a rental better than the pick + the chance at a run + the revenue of Price bringing people to the park vs. Buck Farmer? We'll have to see what the offers are.

If your trading him your looking for prospects. At some point you gotta build the farm a bit.

There is no run to be had, tbh, the pitching isn't there. And people will still be coming to the park for the next two months..a lot of those tickets are sold...next year is when you start to see a drop in attendance is my guess.

yeah I know you're looking for prospects, I meant the team getting him is only getting a rental, which greatly diminishes the return of prospects that you're gonna get, especially when you factor in you're essentially trading away a comp pick as well. has to be a good offer.

Does this mean you are not interested in betting on them?

i'm pretty much interested in betting on anyone, the only team i haven't bet this year is LAD, and DET is my most profitable team at the break. Actually had Simon his last two starts and backed Greene yesterday, think we'll have a lot of value because of the bullpen woes however I'm not sure you can back anyone in that rotation besides Price and Anibal

yeah I know you're looking for prospects, I meant the team getting him is only getting a rental, which greatly diminishes the return of prospects that you're gonna get, especially when you factor in you're essentially trading away a comp pick as well. has to be a good offer.

Agreed...

Back