LA Lakers are 0-5 SU in their last 5 games
LA Lakers are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games at home
LA Lakers are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games at home
LA Lakers are 1-4-1 ATS in their last 6 games when playing Portland
LA Lakers are 2-4 SU in their last 6 games when playing Portland

Walton Out
Radmanivic Out
Evans Q?
and of course Brown and Mihm are out......

and last time they played, they were in Portland and the Lakers lost by 11 as 5pt faves...

What is it that leads folks to think the Lakers will win by DD?

No reason. POR is the best team to play when they are DD dogs. They are a strong rebounding team w/ solid FT%. I play POR 1Q every game without fail. Teams don't mind starting slow against POR because they have confidence that they can win the game after 1Q is over.

I agree. It's a B2B for Port. Move the line to 6 or 7, people would absolutely hammer the Lakers here...

Red,
I agree and the line is growing. I know it's b2b but I will take a shot at a team beaming with confidence with a nice, but Utah shorthander last night.

thanks for the input guys...not sure I can wait for a better line. I've got church this eve and will be out for much of the night.

I can only theorize here. Since LAL returned home for there now 3rd home game it has shown all to have strang eline moves. Both the NYK and CAVS games saw LAL lines move heavily and still lost. So maybe someone with alot dough has a hard on for LAL...a big syndicate chasing them?? I truly dont know other then the fact there was 1 to 1.5 point moves on the previous games and now again here. I always try to understand why a line move and for the life of me this is all I could figure out. has to be considered odd when it happens 3 straight times. I would have thought a healthy and playing well LAL team would have been about 9 maybe 9.5 but not the slumping dogs they are now. One thing is teams like Cle were getting +7.5 ...Port is a few notches below the Cavs I would say...so hard to say for sure....BOL

I was hoping for your thoughts SN...8.5 wouldn't give me the hardon that DD does....

maybe it's just some rich fucks in LA chasing their own favorite team...

If Jack Nicholson and friends have doubled their bets for the last 3 or 4 games.....well..........that could get huge number shifts...

Wondering this myself. I made the Lakers -7.5. Thought that was a "fair" line. Lakers desperate for a win having lost 5 SU, and Portland off a big win last night, and a horrible road win. Still, it's gonna be difficult for LA to snap a streak by DD....waiting to see if I can get a 10.5

I think it would have been hard to go much lower then 9 here since that was what Port was in Miami and while they hung for 3 Q;s they fell apart late and lost by DD's. For the most part LAL was considered slightily above Miami this season but teams appear headed in opposite directions..for most of the season I would have had LAL about -1.5 maybe -2 on a neutral court without Shaq...but now thats changing....

Gonna be interesting....Port didnt play that well vs shorthanded Utah team last nite. Just something I will stay away from for now ...

Back