Why is ND 0-9 in L9 Bowls?

E.T.G.

One of trus baby mommas
A)Is it because they are overrated every yr and play in bowl games they don't belong in?

B)Is it just bad luck?

C)Do they not care about Bowl games?

Their last bowl win was 1994

Including tonight (41-14) they have lost their last 5 bowl games by a combined 112 points

<TABLE width="100%" border=1><TBODY><TR><TD>Cotton Bowl</TD><TD><CENTER>January, 1994</CENTER></TD><TD>Win - Notre Dame 24, Texas A&M 21</TD></TR><TR><TD>Fiesta Bowl</TD><TD><CENTER>January, 1995</CENTER></TD><TD>Loss - Notre Dame 24, Colorado 41</TD></TR><TR><TD>Orange Bowl</TD><TD><CENTER>January, 1996</CENTER></TD><TD>Loss - Notre Dame 26, Florida State 31</TD></TR><TR><TD>Independence Bowl</TD><TD><CENTER>December, 1997</CENTER></TD><TD>Loss - Notre Dame 9, LSU 27</TD></TR><TR><TD>Gator Bowl</TD><TD><CENTER>January, 1999</CENTER></TD><TD>Loss - Notre Dame 28, Georgia Tech 35</TD></TR><TR><TD>Fiesta Bowl</TD><TD><CENTER>January, 2000</CENTER></TD><TD>Loss - Notre Dame 9, Oregon State 41</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top">Gator Bowl
</TD><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top; TEXT-ALIGN: center"> January 1, 2003
</TD><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top">Loss - Notre Dame 6, NC State 28
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top">Insight Bowl
</TD><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top; TEXT-ALIGN: center">December 28, 2004
</TD><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top">Loss - Notre Dame 21, Oregon State 38
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top">Fiesta Bowl
</TD><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top; TEXT-ALIGN: center">January 2, 2005
</TD><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top">Loss - Notre Dame - 20, Ohio State 34
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I remember the Fiesta.. that was the game TJ whosyourmomma and Ocho Cinco beat the fuck out of them..

everythingthatsgreen said:
A)Is it because they are overrated every yr and play in bowl games they don't belong in?

B)Is it just bad luck?

C)Do they not care about Bowl games?

Their last bowl win was 1994

Including tonight (41-14) they have lost their last 5 bowl games by a combined 112 points

<TABLE width="100%" border=1><TBODY><TR><TD>Cotton Bowl</TD><TD><CENTER>January, 1994</CENTER></TD><TD>Win - Notre Dame 24, Texas A&M 21</TD></TR><TR><TD>Fiesta Bowl</TD><TD><CENTER>January, 1995</CENTER></TD><TD>Loss - Notre Dame 24, Colorado 41</TD></TR><TR><TD>Orange Bowl</TD><TD><CENTER>January, 1996</CENTER></TD><TD>Loss - Notre Dame 26, Florida State 31</TD></TR><TR><TD>Independence Bowl</TD><TD><CENTER>December, 1997</CENTER></TD><TD>Loss - Notre Dame 9, LSU 27</TD></TR><TR><TD>Gator Bowl</TD><TD><CENTER>January, 1999</CENTER></TD><TD>Loss - Notre Dame 28, Georgia Tech 35</TD></TR><TR><TD>Fiesta Bowl</TD><TD><CENTER>January, 2000</CENTER></TD><TD>Loss - Notre Dame 9, Oregon State 41</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top">Gator Bowl

</TD><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top; TEXT-ALIGN: center">January 1, 2003

</TD><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top">Loss - Notre Dame 6, NC State 28

</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top">Insight Bowl

</TD><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top; TEXT-ALIGN: center">December 28, 2004

</TD><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top">Loss - Notre Dame 21, Oregon State 38

</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top">Fiesta Bowl

</TD><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top; TEXT-ALIGN: center">January 2, 2005

</TD><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top">Loss - Notre Dame - 20, Ohio State 34

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

They get their ass kicked whenever they play a Top 10 team...bowls & regular season.

LMAO at everyone jumpin' on LSU's jock...u guys are right they are the BEST team in America...THE BEST TWO LOSS TEAM....:cheers:

florida is the worst 1 loss team by far. they haven;t played a great game all year. they know how to win i give them that but they are one more year away(teebow era) from dominating the competition.

Because their negotiation skills to get their team an automatic BCS bid whenever they have 2 losses or less is fantastic...

....but their team is not that good. And hasn't been for awhile.

What was more impressive the beat down in the rose bowl against a team everyone had in the top 3 .. or this one stacks against a team who has been beaten down by all the top 10 teams who have played them??

reason why nd gets ass kicked is cause there alum got money and a huge following to get into bowls they have no reason to be in ,they have there fans and alum brain washed i loved that nd got into this bowl for another nationally televised ass kicking how embarrassed must they be there fans alum players coach????????????i made money this yr but this already has made my 2007 awoooooooooooo wtg nd keep doing what ya do

The answer is A!!!!!!!!!

Don't complain just cash the tickets, my Bowl game of year 3 of last 4. The only other 1 I lost.

Answer. None of the above.

As soon as Charlie Weis gets them a few great defensive players. maybe next year.

TroyStacks said:
florida is the worst 1 loss team by far. they haven;t played a great game all year. they know how to win i give them that but they are one more year away(teebow era) from dominating the competition.

Wisconsin I feel is the worst 1 loss team out there...

I think the biggest problem for Notre Dame is they're not in a conference where they can get beat just about any week. Look at the SEC this year, or some years in the Big 10... it doesn't matter if its Duke or Illinois, they'll get up to play the top teams and anything can happen. With Notre Dame playing all of the service academy's, BYU, etc each year, they don't have the week in and week out grind that makes other teams mature as fast.

TroyStacks said:

Couldnt agree more on this. Everyone will be saying the same about Florida as they are about Notre Dame right now. Unreal how they got into the Title Game...

Mista your a little off there with that comment. Florida beat LSU .. Make excuses and what ifs and buts.. but the scoreboard final said that florida had more points. Notre Dame is 0 - 16 their L 16 vs top 10.. Florida might be overrated, but they won the games and deserve to be there.

I lean towards Florida +8 or nothing in this title game because I can actually see Florida beating the "unbeatable" team that everyone has crowned champ for the last 60days. No doubt in my mind that Florida deserves to be there and they have done nothing to change my mind about that. They don't always win pretty but the bottom line is that at the end of the game the scoreboard favored Florida 12/13 games this season.

Everyone has jumped on LSU's jock and quite frankly this is the same team who put up 3 points VS. Auburn, was taken to the wire with Ole Miss (OT) and scored 10points vs. UF... Amazing how short everyones memory is. Sure LSU has tons of talent but they don't always have the best play calling or coaching and that is why they are 11-2 and lost to UF & Auburn. Their schedule was difficult but so was UF..

OSU has speed on offense and Florida can counter with equal speed on defense. Both are well coached teams and the Gators will finally be healthy for this game. I think the OSU defense is overrated and UF will move the ball on them..

Give me the points in this game and watch as another underdog takes the NC..

Man, I missed the memo on when hating on Florida was trendy.

And the answer to Notre Dame is easy-they play harder teams because they are a draw. The bowls who get high picks get good teams, and they get Notre Dame...

It's the same reason as to why BC dominates in the bowl games...everyone knows BC doesn't have any fans, let alone fans that would pay money to watch a football game (football, what's football?) so they get to play creampuffs every bowl season and win them all...

Back