Why does FOX assume nobody's ever watched a CFB game before?

Br@ssknux

Pretty much a regular
Does Fox think people who are tuning into this game are only doing so because they are FOX viewers? Why the constant reminders of the differences in the rules between pro and college football? Just because FOX doesn't normally televise CFB, they assume the only football anyone has ever watched is the NFL.

Here's a news flash boys: People are watching this game because they are college football fans, not because they tune in to FOX every night. We know the rules. ESPN doesn't broadcast as though they are talking to idiots. Niether does CBS or anyone else who regularly televises games. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't feel like I need my intelligence insulted for 3+ hours.

yeah i noticed this too ... but i think my favorite part so far is listening to switzer call every gator player by his last name and the oklahoma kids by their first name , like he just had them over for a BBQ last weekend.

yeah i noticed this too ... but i think my favorite part so far is listening to switzer call every gator player by his last name and the oklahoma kids by their first name , like he just had them over to give them a car for free last weekend.

FYP

FYI there are football games on the Fox Sports Network which is the same as Fox so they arent truly clueless, but they are pretty fucking clueless.

Fox isn't the only ones that do this. Most of the media does. They assume the fans are on a level below them. "The Fans wont like this". " The fans won't understand this"

Does anyone else want Ford to fail badly after tonight?

This is the most spot on post i have ever read. As bad as ESPN is at overhyperbole fox is just clueless

Charles Davis is by far the worst announcer not named Pam Ward

I'm not being funny here, this is a dead serious post. I honestly prefer Pam Ward and Ray Bentley to the two jackasses that called the MNC game. After a few minutes, I just muted it and turned on Herbstreet and Mussberger on the radio. The couple second delay didn't bother me, the improved analysis was worth it. I was very lucky not to here all the Tebow love which was discussed on many sports talk shows today on the radio. I will just assume it was as bad as I think it may have been.

I'm not being funny here, this is a dead serious post. I honestly prefer Pam Ward and Ray Bentley to the two jackasses that called the MNC game. After a few minutes, I just muted it and turned on Herbstreet and Mussberger on the radio. The couple second delay didn't bother me, the improved analysis was worth it. I was very lucky not to here all the Tebow love which was discussed on many sports talk shows today on the radio. I will just assume it was as bad as I think it may have been.

I agree with you 100% on this. At least Ward's first priority is to actually attempt to call the game, instead of pushing her own (misguided) personal agenda views on everyone. ESPNs entire roster is preferable.

It was amazing that tebow was able to run at all with those two dangling from his nut sack the entire game. Be glad you didnt have to endure it

It was amazing that tebow was able to run at all with those two dangling from his nut sack the entire game. Be glad you didnt have to endure it

:36_11_6:

Like TheGarfather I watched but maybe 10 minutes with the sound muted, but did not realize I could have listened to Herbstreet and Mussberger call the game on the radio.

I think ESPN gets the games back in 2011. It’s amazing that all the BCS games have these horrible announcers. Fox does not call one college game all year and then gets to do the big ones?

Besides some of the Tebow stroking, what was up with the OU play call clock?

I had the sound off before the game and so it took me a second to figure out what the hell that was. Then hear the announcers say “Watch how quick OU gets the ball off”, only to see Bradford stand up look to the side lines as the clock got over 25 seconds, in what seemed every time. Hell I think Texas ran the hurry up more against OSU, than OU did against Florida.

My favorite was when OU had the ball 1st and Goal and were trying to score their second touchdown. The announcers had no fucking idea that third down wasn't fourth down.

My favorite was when OU had the ball 1st and Goal and were trying to score their second touchdown. The announcers had no fucking idea that third down wasn't fourth down.
:36_11_6:

we were all screaming at the tv "its 3rd down u assholes not 4th"

I NEVER listen to sound.
What can these asses tell me that I don't alreday know or figure out for myself.
Try it sometime.
Put on your favorite CD and enjoy the miusic while you watch the game.

I NEVER listen to sound.
What can these asses tell me that I don't alreday know or figure out for myself.
Try it sometime.
Put on your favorite CD and enjoy the miusic while you watch the game.

I wish some channel would use the SAP feature to let you optionally just listen to the game without the announcers, just the crowd noise and the hits.

The Celtics tried it for a month several years back, but I guess didn't get good feedback. I liked it. The announcers would give insight during the timeouts, and at the start and finish of the quarter, but other than that, the only stuff you heard was what you would have heard at the game...

I wish some channel would use the SAP feature to let you optionally just listen to the game without the announcers, just the crowd noise and the hits.

The Celtics tried it for a month several years back, but I guess didn't get good feedback. I liked it. The announcers would give insight during the timeouts, and at the start and finish of the quarter, but other than that, the only stuff you heard was what you would have heard at the game...

and miss tommy heinsohn (sp? ) ???????

one of the best homers of all-time .. love that guy calling a game when i am on celts

wow i had to digest this statement for a few days but your are soooo right Garfather. I will not watch a pam ward game even if i have money on it. She is brutal. But the Fox guys were beyond brutal.

Back