Who's in Who's out and who gives a shit thread

Marlo

Check out my DAD BOD
Division Games

GB/Detroit playing for the division.

ATL/CARO playing for the Division

Seattle/St Louis, Seattle wins and they win the Division, First Round Bye, and HFA throughout.

Zona/San Fran, Zona needs Seattle loss, and a win to for the division, and HFA. San Fran is done, but how can you back Lindley on the road.

Cincy/Pitt, if Cincy loses tonight, do they play for the division next week?

SD/KC playing for a playoff spot. SD wins and in?

Locked up and Resting?
Dallas Clinched the division, unlikely shot at Home field throughout.
What is Indy's Situation?

HFA
If Denver loses tonight, NE has HFA locked up. If they end up with the same record NE has HFA locked up
Seattle likely gets HFA with a win over St. Louis

Nothing to play for Crowd
Philly @ NYG once could say the Giants are still battling. A lot of guys seem to be playing for Coughlin. Sanchize playing for a future QB spot? Question Philly's mindset. Giants seem like they haven't booked there vacations yet.

NO/Tampa...Tampa hasn't given up, and NO has been embarrassed all year. I really wonder if they have any motivation.

Chicago/Minnesota....Chicago didn't lay down this weekend against Detroit. I wonder what they do here. Are they playing for Trestman, or are they playing for draft picks? Minnesota has been playing hard all year, and they have a lot of young guys that don't know how to lay down yet.

Jax/Houston....Jax won there SB last week, and Houston continues to play hard, I don't think JJ Watt will allow them not to. Watt going for a MVP, and his team should have a winning record for him to get that.

1. Seattle Seahawks (11-4) The Seahawks will be the No. 1 seed if they beat the Rams on Sunday, unless the Lions and Packers tie and the Cowboys win.
2. Detroit Lions (11-4) The Lions currently own the tiebreaker over the Packers, but they’ll have to win or tie at Green Bay on Sunday to win the NFC North. If the Packers win, the Lions will be a wild card.
3. Dallas Cowboys (11-4) The Cowboys have won the NFC East. They can get a first-round bye if they win at Washington on Sunday and both the Seahawks and Cardinals lose.
4. Carolina Panthers (6-8-1) The Panthers will be the 4 seed if they win or tie in Week 17. If the Panthers lose to the Falcons, the Falcons will be the 4 seed.
5. Green Bay Packers (11-4) The Packers would be a wild card if the playoffs started today, but they’re favored to win the NFC North and get a first-round bye with a win over the Lions on Sunday.
6. Arizona Cardinals (11-4) The Cardinals can still win the NFC West if they beat the 49ers on Sunday and the Seahawks lose to the Rams. Otherwise, the Cardinals will be a wild card.

I believe the Cowboys' shot at a bye (or HFA) is pretty remote. They have the HTH edge on Seattle, but they'll lose on NFC record if they, the Seahawks and the winner of the Pack/Lions all finish 12-4. I think.

They play at 1:00 though, so I assume Romo, Murray, etc. will start and play. They had starters in yesterday at 35-zip.

I thought Dallas can lock up hfa with a win - not sure of the tiebreakers but they did beat seattle head to head

one of GB/Det will be 12-4 too though, so the tie breaker in a 3 way switches to conference record

Seattle and Detroit are 9-2
GB is 8-3
Dallas is 7-4

unless GB and Det tie, then Dallas and Seattle are tied up for HFA, at which point they get the 1 seed because its just tthem and seattle and goes h2h

Cincy/Pitt next week is for the AFC north division regardless of anything tonight.

KC and Miami are eliminated from playoff now.

SD is in with a win
baltimore is in with a win and SD loss. Or Baltimore can get in with a win and Cincy loses their last 2 games
Texans are in with a win and Baltimore plus SD losses.

KC still shown as "alive" in the playoff picture ... not sure what all would need to happen besides a win against SD. Which they probably get.

Forget it, Chiefs need an impossible 3-team ML parlay, Chiefs/Browns/Jags.

It might be human nature for Cincy to lack some intensity tonight. They were sky high in Cleveland last week and need to get sky high again next week. This sandwich game doesn't matter. And it's not like we haven't seen the Bengals mail it in in prime time before.

New England plays at 1PM next week and the Broncos play at 4PM. Let me know if this way of thinking is logical, but if the Broncos win tonight they at least force New England to have to prepare for and win next week versus the Bills. And then it will give the Broncos a good idea of whether or not to rest the starters, etc, based on if the New England game stays close, or the Patriots just kick the shit out of the Bills.

So by winning tonight the Broncos make the Pats have to win their game next week. And then the Broncos will be able to play it by ear as to what kind of effort they will need to give, what starters to start, etc, in their game at 4PM. Just trying to establish their motive for winning the game tonight. I think that makes sense?

Just found this:
@MikeReiss
If Broncos win tonight, the Patriots-Bills game on Sunday will move to 4:25 p.m. ET. If Bengals win tonight, Patriots-Bills stays at 1 p.m.
1:32 PM - 22 Dec 2014

Back