Who's Hedging Their Ducks Series Wager On Tuesday?

Gorgolon Lives

The Reverend of CTG
Anyone?

I have a larger than normal sized wager on Ducks +105, so I'm considering grabbing Detroit for about 1/5 of my wager. It all depends on the price, really.

I have Anaheim at +105 and at +140 and I'm torn.

What I will NOT do is bet them to win the game on Tuesday. Not because I think they don't but because I really consider this series bet to be blessed by a higher power or something at this point after today.

The truth of what we've seen in this series is, despite Anahiem supposedly being the better team, Detroit has played more coheisive, more together, and for the most part, tougher than the Ducks.

That shouldn't be the case with all the hockey Detroit has played to this point, but it's true.

Watching Detroit's defensive positioning today was truly impressive. It was scary good. I wondered how the Ducks could have possibly put up four on them the other day.

That all said, the last time Detroit flew into Anaheim, they waxed that team. Yeah, the Ducks won the second game, but that first game they got their feathers handed to them.

And they didn't play all that well today, either. So you have to think they're going to come out strong.

That all said, the series price going into today was -115 both ways. I've got to think you get +130 or better tomorrow.

And, as I said, I'm undecided on what I'll do.

I don't see how the wings recover from this loss today..

reminds me of San Jose/Wings series when San Jose let that last minute goal in they were never the same.

I hear many are saying DET is playing better, but I disagree. I think Anaheim could have/should have won game 1. The game 4 blowout loss was pretty bad, yeah. In game 5, Detroit didn't play with the same intensity all game. Anaheim deserved to win that.

reminds me of San Jose/Wings series when San Jose let that last minute goal in they were never the same.

Ooh, what a bad memory there. If I didn't recycle I might actually have a sad, torn up little ticket lying on the floor to remind me of that series.

Man, are you ever right, Detroit punched them in the nuts on that one and they never regained their manhood.

And it shouldn't be overlooked here, Detroit--as much heart as a team as they have--they could just quit after today.

JP, it is hard for any team to recover from things like that in any sport imo...especially at home.

They already showed they were affected losing in OT. You could just feel that they were going to lose after that last minute 3rd period goal. Detroit outplayed them for the whole game and then got kicked in the nuts like you said.

Im definitely hedging. I have the Ducks to win 4-2 at +4??. (450 or sumthin like it)

Road teams and Dogs are dominating these playoffs currently. Detroit know they only need 1 win to be playing back at home.

The Sharks were undone by blowing their second 2-0 lead of that series, in game 4, it wasnt simply losing game 4 the way they did in and of itself (& hence the knowledge they knew they could have won that series 4-0 instead of it being tied 2-2 : all Detroit has the knowledge of is they could be up 3-2 instead of down 2-3). I think it would be premature to lump the Wings in with the Sharks scenario, and therefore to expect them to be a gutless as the Sharks then were.

I might also add Detroits best/Anaheims worst performance in this series to date came with the Ducks winning in Detroit then playing at home... oops, we got that scenario happening again for game 6.

Well Ive had problems with the wings all playoffs long, so the other day I started going against my gut and took anaheim and the over and both came through. Yesterday I thought the wings'd win and took the Ducks. So continuing in pure george Costanza fashion, yesterday after Selanne scored, I thought no way Detroit can recover from this! So that means Detroit wins game 6.

+140 might be tough for me to pass up. And also the fact that Detroit could certainly win game 6 and lose game 7. Might be worth a small wager.

Nope, I now have a new plan.

I'm going to take a very small piece of the Wings to win it all at +525.

That way, if they do get by the Ducks somehow, I'll be basically guaranteed to make my money back in the plus-money profit I'll have on either Cup winner, and if it loses it costs less than a full hedge.

I think I may load the wagon on u4.5 at +115 on 5 Dimes. The Duck defense will totally dominate tomorrow. Wings won't score unless it's a PP, and even then not likely.

u4.5 at +115 seems "too good to be true." Am shocked total isn't right at 4.

Let it ride, I firmly believe the Ducks will win tomorrow. They are a veterant team and will take advantage of their opportunity to close the wings out.

Giguerre has been very solid and the Ducks are usually very good at home.

Senators however are on a mission, and I do not see anyone beating them.

Their defense is so good, and their top line is unguardable. Alfredson is the old Peter Forsberg of 8 years ago. Sens are physical with Philips, Volchenkov, Neil and Fisher. I do not think the sens will have trouble stopping Selanne and Mcdonald. Sens will have a tougher time vs Ducks defense, but they are the deepest team in this playoffs, any of their players can score at any time, even their Defense score timely goals as Corvo and Redden did last series. Macammond, Vermette, Comrie , Fisher are solid, they are on a mission and rarely lose 2 in a row, let alone 4 in a series

Back