Who would you keep?

ljc_267

Mister NSFW
Debating between two QB's.

In this league you lose the round you chose the player in last year.

Matt Ryan 6th round
Andrew Luck 12th round

Thoughts?

Luck. But their offense will be much different now so there's some uncertainty. I don't think Ryan is worth a sixth rounder though.

Seriously, ljc???

IMO, this is not even debatable... This is a no-doubter right here.

I think it is very debatable. Ryan's a much more established QB with Jackson, White, and Jones as weapons.

Luck, while has the greater upside, has no real weapons, a new offense that will run the ball more.

I think you may be too high on Matt Ryan.

Luck has weapons, just not big name, established weapons like Ryan.

I'd rather have Luck either way...and it being a keeper league, it really makes it a no-brainer for me. Then throw in the fact you're only giving up a 12th rounder for Luck...really no need to even think about it for me.

I think you may be too high on Matt Ryan.

Luck has weapons, just not big name, established weapons like Ryan.

I'd rather have Luck either way...and it being a keeper league, it really makes it a no-brainer for me. Then throw in the fact you're only giving up a 12th rounder for Luck...really no need to even think about it for me.

Not saying I disagree. The value is definitely in the 12th rounder, but I believe there is a lot more unknown with Luck. I think you know what you get with Ryan, which are close to top 5 numbers.

he was 7th in my league's scoring last year in a career year and he threw for almost 5k yards and 32 TD's...I think that's his absolute ceiling and likely regresses from it a tad. QB is extremely deep as well.

In the words of Ray Flowers, "sometimes you gotta throw 'value' out the window and keep someone around where they would've been drafted". Ryan goes in the 5th-6th for sure...but Luck doesn't have the same type of pedigree. He certainly doesn't have the same weapons. And of course, you can beware the sophmore jinx. Luck MIGHT take a step forward this season...but if he doesn't....say he gives you the same production as last season...and say this is a standard 10 team league with standard scoring.....

Ryan's basement this season is 8th-10th QB in the league
Luck is almost not start worthy in a 10 teamer...12 teamer you've got one of the bottom QBs in the league and will have to make up the gap elsewhere...

Ryan could easily be the 4th best QB this season behind Brees Rogers and Manning....EASILY....Jackson is a great pickup and DOES catch a lot of passes that could serve to bolster Ryan's numbers from last season when he was handing the ball off to Turner.

I take Ryan in the 6th, am happy to draft a top 7 QB in that type of round and move on from there...Luck presents you with a disadvantage right out of the gate.

^ in that case why not keep a different player and just draft Ryan in the regular draft in the 6th

Yep. He could even keep Luck, just because he only loses a 12th round pick (instead of a different player, assuming he has no one else keeper worthy) and just grab Ryan at some point in the draft.

In the words of Ray Flowers, "sometimes you gotta throw 'value' out the window and keep someone around where they would've been drafted". Ryan goes in the 5th-6th for sure...but Luck doesn't have the same type of pedigree. He certainly doesn't have the same weapons. And of course, you can beware the sophmore jinx. Luck MIGHT take a step forward this season...but if he doesn't....say he gives you the same production as last season...and say this is a standard 10 team league with standard scoring.....

Ryan's basement this season is 8th-10th QB in the league
Luck is almost not start worthy in a 10 teamer...12 teamer you've got one of the bottom QBs in the league and will have to make up the gap elsewhere...

Ryan could easily be the 4th best QB this season behind Brees Rogers and Manning....EASILY....Jackson is a great pickup and DOES catch a lot of passes that could serve to bolster Ryan's numbers from last season when he was handing the ball off to Turner.

I take Ryan in the 6th, am happy to draft a top 7 QB in that type of round and move on from there...Luck presents you with a disadvantage right out of the gate.

Thanks. Well said.

You COULD let Ryan go and see if you can pick him up again...but it's Ryan that starts a HUGE dropoff at the position...if you miss out on Ryan due to a run on QBs in the 4th or 5th b/c of so many being kept...you could be forced to draft an Eli Manning or a Andrew Luck in the 7th, 8th, or 9th...

Who is the rest of your team...if I find out you could've kept a Trent Richardson in the 3rd or something or a Julio Jones...I'll kick your ass lol

You COULD let Ryan go and see if you can pick him up again...but it's Ryan that starts a HUGE dropoff at the position...if you miss out on Ryan due to a run on QBs in the 4th or 5th b/c of so many being kept...you could be forced to draft an Eli Manning or a Andrew Luck in the 7th, 8th, or 9th...

Who is the rest of your team...if I find out you could've kept a Trent Richardson in the 3rd or something or a Julio Jones...I'll kick your ass lol

I have Ray Rice who was my 1st pick, Lesean Mccoy last years keeper would be my 1st pick this year if kept.

Next best is Roddy White in the 3rd round and Steven Ridley in the 11th

I have Ray Rice who was my 1st pick, Lesean Mccoy last years keeper would be my 1st pick this year if kept.

Next best is Roddy White in the 3rd round and Steven Ridley in the 11th

You should be keeping Rice or McCoy. Especially since you don't have Brees/Rodgers/Brady/Peyton, I think it's a no brainer.

You should be keeping Rice or McCoy. Especially since you don't have Brees/Rodgers/Brady/Peyton, I think it's a no brainer.

I have the 4th pick in the draft. Everyone is keeping qb's. Already know brees, Rodgers, RG3 and Manning are gone. I keep Ryan I lose my 6th pick. I keep Luck I lose the 12th.

I will lose my 1st pick if I keep either Rice or Mccoy.

I have the 4th pick in the draft. Everyone is keeping qb's. Already know brees, Rodgers, RG3 and Manning are gone. I keep Ryan I lose my 6th pick. I keep Luck I lose the 12th.

I will lose my 1st pick if I keep either Rice or Mccoy.

I just think it'll be easier for you to get Ryan or Luck again than it will to get Rice or McCoy. Losing the 1st round pick definitely sucks, but Rice or McCoy will be your 1st round pick essentially. It's conceivable that you could just draft Rice or McCoy in the 1st round, but you just run the risk that both are taken by the time you pick. Good luck in whatever you decide.

I also hate the 'lose a draft pick for your keeper' rule. It seems pretty common these days, but I love my big league because we don't lose anything for the keeper. It's just a keeper, and we then just have a normal draft. Makes the decision so much easier.

I just think it'll be easier for you to get Ryan or Luck again than it will to get Rice or McCoy. Losing the 1st round pick definitely sucks, but Rice or McCoy will be your 1st round pick essentially. It's conceivable that you could just draft Rice or McCoy in the 1st round, but you just run the risk that both are taken by the time you pick. Good luck in whatever you decide.

I suppose my point is that I will get Foster, Martin, Mccoy, Rice, or Lynch anyway and get to keep Ryan or Luck.

that's the best way to look at it, just know who can still be there at 4 first and you obviously do

i would be sacrificing my 12th and keep Luck myself

I suppose my point is that I will get Foster, Martin, Mccoy, Rice, or Lynch anyway and get to keep Ryan or Luck.

That depends on which pick you have in the first round, doesn't it? If you draft after the 6th pick, you very well may not get one of those RBs. If you're in the top 5, then yes, of course, you will get one of those dudes.

Just saw that you have the 4th pick (missed it the first time, I'm an idiot), so yes you are correct.

Everybody says keep Luck, and while I agree in the value of getting a starting qb in the 12th round, do you think he'll have a better year than Ryan?

I really think this is Ryan's year. He now has a running game that will take some pressure off him

like them around the same tbh and value the 6th rd pick much more than the 12th

atlanta run game should absolutely suck this yr again and another year of game planning...i'm not as big on ryan i guess. he'll put up numbers for sure but so should luck, both playing indoors is a plus, but the difference isn't great enough to give up six rounds worth of a pick imo

like them around the same tbh and value the 6th rd pick much more than the 12th

atlanta run game should absolutely suck this yr again and another year of game planning...i'm not as big on ryan i guess. he'll put up numbers for sure but so should luck, both playing indoors is a plus, but the difference isn't great enough to give up six rounds worth of a pick imo

You think Atl running game will suck with Steven Jackson?

yeah, less about the runner, more about the line. it's young and already lost the RT to injury

i'm not a huge fan of jackson in the first place. he has never finished runs off really well and he's already played alot of years on turf, so injuries become a bigger concern with him anyway

Steven Jackson is average at best. And this will be his 10th NFL season. 2,400 carries under his belt already

I take Ridley in the 11th and dont look back personally....get an RB2 for free? Deff....White in the 3rd is fine by me, but I would much rather Ridley in the 11th

I take Ridley in the 11th and dont look back personally....get an RB2 for free? Deff....White in the 3rd is fine by me, but I would much rather Ridley in the 11th

I've been considering this much more lately. I basically get Lynch, Martin, McCoy, Foster, or Rice with Ridley. My RBs are done with the 1st pick.

Ridley would be the play man...he's a solid solid RB2....best value by far, but also....a fine RB2 and you'll strengthen your other positions MUCH more then the boost your RB core gets to waste another high pick on it.

Back