Who would you keep (part 3)

• Thread starter Thread starter Lareux
  • Start date Start date
L

Lareux

Just going to continue the trend here today, not trying to hijack either of the other threads. I've had and kept Brady for 4 or 5 years now, but I've recently been thinking that this may be the year I don't. The decision is between Brady and Shady McCoy. Where they were drafted does not come into play, as we don't lose a draft pick like the other scenarios presented today.

I'm only tempted to keep McCoy, thinking it will be easier for me to go ahead and draft Brady (since ideally I would like both of them), than it will be for me to draft McCoy. Draft order isn't decided until the keepers are announced, so I don't have a known slot to try and figure out if it'll be easier to get Brady or McCoy in the draft.

Thanks for any help/comments.

yeah same, QB is deep

See, I don't think it's that deep. In our league last year, Brady was #3 (457 pts) in scoring behind Brees (487) and Rodgers (469). There were, however, only 6 QBs total who had over 400 points (Manning, Ryan, Cam the other 3). The drop off from the top 5 (or 6) seems to be pretty significant.

McCoy being in Chip Kelly's offense, as opposed to Andy Reid's though should pay some pretty high dividends.

I think I'm leaning McCoy and then hoping I can draft Brady pretty early in the draft. I'm only leery though because I'm pretty sure that Brees, Rodgers, Manning, Ryan, and Newton are all being kept, which would only really leave Brady for someone to grab who didn't keep a QB.

It's a first round pick vs a third rounder either way...u are getting two first rounders...u can keep shady and take another rb1 and then go qb if u want a top QB.

It's a first round pick vs a third rounder either way...u are getting two first rounders...u can keep shady and take another rb1 and then go qb if u want a top QB.

Good point. If Brady is there in the 2nd round I can grab him there, or even wait until the 3rd round (depending on how the draft is going) and grab a WR in Round 2.

Brees, Rodgers, Manning,
Newton, Brady, Ryan, Stafford, kaepernick, RGIII,
Luck, Wilson, Romo, E. Manning.

those are the top 13 guys. sure there is a bit of a discrepancy but are you really upset if you wait until round 7-8 and land someone in that 3rd tier as your #1 starter to play matchups with annother guy like flacco, ben, bradford, palmer, dalton, freeman? You could even grab two of the guys in the list above (RGIII upside in the 5th/6th plus a romo backup a couple rounds later).

QB being deep doesnt mean a lot of guys are in tier one, it means the gap between the 5-18 range is very small. I could see any of the guys on that second line having a better season than brady with the loss of welker, hernandez and a hurt gronk, in addition being another year removed from his prime.

Brees, Rodgers, Manning,
Newton, Brady, Ryan, Stafford, kaepernick, RGIII,
Luck, Wilson, Romo, E. Manning.

those are the top 13 guys. sure there is a bit of a discrepancy but are you really upset if you wait until round 7-8 and land someone in that 3rd tier as your #1 starter to play matchups with annother guy like flacco, ben, bradford, palmer, dalton, freeman? You could even grab two of the guys in the list above (RGIII upside in the 5th/6th plus a romo backup a couple rounds later).

QB being deep doesnt mean a lot of guys are in tier one, it means the gap between the 5-18 range is very small. I could see any of the guys on that second line having a better season than brady with the loss of welker, hernandez and a hurt gronk, in addition being another year removed from his prime.

I understand that OM. The drop off from #5 to #18, in our league, was 125 points last year, which is about 7 points a week. Maybe that isn't that big of a gap to be worried about, and I'm just over-thinking it.

Thanks for the comments fellas, keep em coming.

you aren't dropping 5 to 18 though you're dropping 5 to maybe 12 if you pick the worst of the QBs. You're also playing matchups more with a "borderline" QB, so add some points for playing Bradford getting 22 points against the Raiders instead of when Romo put up 8 against SF. You're also getting many more points in the RB position in your case, a position much harder to fill and with a much larger gap between top tier to middle to bottom, as every team is starting two backs rather than one QB.

you make up the points very easily going RB or WR early than QB this year.

you aren't dropping 5 to 18 though you're dropping 5 to maybe 12 if you pick the worst of the QBs. You're also playing matchups more with a "borderline" QB, so add some points for playing Bradford getting 22 points against the Raiders instead of when Romo put up 8 against SF. You're also getting many more points in the RB position in your case, a position much harder to fill and with a much larger gap between top tier to middle to bottom, as every team is starting two backs rather than one QB.

you make up the points very easily going RB or WR early than QB this year.

:shake:

Back