Who were the big winners in the draft...who were the biggest losers?

IvyinBarondise

Pretty much a regular
All I personally care about is Bron running Miami and getting his PG,

SAS replicating Diaw with their 1st round pick,

and nothing else...

I know nothing about college ball...who did the best?

Raptors are losers....as always the curse of Babcock lives on.
Winners think the Magic did well with Gordon and Payton filled some gaps they needed, Vonleh for Hornets is a great pick up that should be a great front court with Al Jeff
Spurs will always win cause they can pick up a scrub and still make them look good.

dude was proclaimed the best passer of the draft lol

i'm not saying specifically about whom the Spurs drafted this year but every year they draft a dude that will play a vital role to their team.
they just know how to pick and especially since this was a deep draft they probably got someone who's going to lead them to rings again lol

Kyle Anderson is a pretty awful defender. I'm a little surprised he slipped that far, but he will be coached up. Not sure you get much out of him for at least a couple of years.

Spurs trading Hill who the loved to specifically target Leonard is the first time in a long time you can point to a single act in a draft and say, that was a championship decision.

yeah that was a great move. I'm a SDSU fan , so I knew about Leonard in college. I thought he would be a good pro, just real athletic, but I had no idea he would have progressed this quickly and become an offensive threat as well. Credit goes to the coaching staff of the Spurs

Celtics did well. picked up good assets in smart and young. don't know if they will be around as Danny likes to wheel and deal, but I believe Young is going to be a great talent as he develops. Has similar traits as leanord but a better shooter..

Raptors are losers....as always the curse of Babcock lives on.
Winners think the Magic did well with Gordon and Payton filled some gaps they needed, Vonleh for Hornets is a great pick up that should be a great front court with Al Jeff
Spurs will always win cause they can pick up a scrub and still make them look good.

Like I mentioned in the draft thread, Raps might have pulled a quick one with the Caboclo pick.

But whatever Caboclo was, he wasn't unknown to the Raptors' organization.
Toronto tried to keep its growing interest quiet. And suddenly, Caboclo wasn't doing any workouts before the Draft. Make of that what you will. Caboclo kept his name in the Draft after the deadline for international players pulling out passed June 17. That was a flashing light to other teams, who started inquiring.

Caboclo's agent started getting calls. The information grapevine that flows between agents and teams started trickling in: maybe Oklahoma City, at 21, or Phoenix, which had another first-rounder at 27. Or San Antonio, which had the last pick of the round. If the Raptors waited until the second round, there was a very strong chance he'd be gone. And it was very hard to get additional picks this late in the process; teams have made promises to players they intend to draft if they're still on the board.
And, remember: the Suns knew about Caboclo (Barbosa). The Mavericks knew about him (Canales). The Rockets knew about him (Rosas). The Spurs knew about him (Idoka, Ginobili, Oberto). And the Raptors suspected other teams, including the Pacers and Jazz, which had two of the best international departments in the league with Pete Philo in Indiana and Rich Sheubrooks in Utah, also were on the trail. The Pacers didn't have any picks, but the Jazz had 23 in the first round, 35 in the second.

http://www.nba.com/2014/news/featur...-2014-draft-recap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt3b

However, our 2nd rounder was a waste of a pick.

Back