Who to fade, who to ride...teams up and down

s--k

Goodbye to Romance College Football
Normally we'd be thinking about teams trying to reach bowl eligibility, teams who have a divisional shot, teams that have nothing to play for and identifying opportunities to play on undervalued teams and play against overvalued teams.

What are you seeing out there? Teams get worse, then sometimes they get off the mat and compete again. Other times teams get beat down so long they just quit caring.

Here are a few things I'll submit, please chime in with any thoughts you have:

Thanks to a pick-six with 1minute left...App St hasn't covered a game 4 straight now (depending on the TxSt line App is either on a 0-4 run, 0-3-1 or 1-3 ATS run). After losing to Coastal Carolina what is their state of mind going forward?

Arkansas State has lost 4 straight, two as favorites.

Georgia hasn't covered a game since October 10th vs Tennessee (thanks to 2nd H). Dawgs on a 0-4 ATS run.

Indiana is 5-0 ATS (2-0 as favorites)

Iowa lost their first two games by a combined 5 points, since then they have won their last 3 games by 30 ppg.

Kansas is just 1-6 ATS, with the 1 cover being the very late KO return TD by Pooka at WVU

LaTech hasn't played since October 31st and their game this week just got canceled. 4 weeks off! I've seen 3, but this will be the first 4 week void for a team.

UMass is playing in back-to-back weeks for the first time this season.

Ole Miss has scored 113 points their last two games! (allowed 63 which is an improvement)

What do we make of Mississippi State's performance at Georgia? Bulldogs actually looked like they wanted to a knew how to play football again. Was their first cover since game 1!

In a bit of an oddity, North Carolina has alternated covers with non-covers every game this year! Next up, trend says cover.

Northwestern is 5-0 ATS (3-0 as favorites)

Oklahoma has covered 5 straight since losing at ISU.

Oklahoma State has failed to cover their last 4.

Penn State is 0-5 ATS and SU!

San Jose State is 4-0 ATS (2 upset wins)

South Carolina has failed to cover 4 straight

The fade train was running strong at Southern Miss, but USM has rebounded and actually covered their last two!

Depending on spreads, Texas State is on a 4-0 ATS run (or depending on the AppSt line could also be 3-0-1 or 3-1).

The improbable comeback and OT win by Tulsa last week snapped a 5 game spread winning streak for Tulane (unless somebody had the early available 6.5 there).

UNLV is 0-4 ATS, but have come close, their spread loss at San Jose came by just .5 or 1 point depending on closing number and were in the game for 3+ quarters prior to that vs Fresno.

Wake Forest has covered every game this year except for their second game at NCST! Covering 5 straight!

WKU was winless vs the spread in their first 7 games, but since have covered 2 of 3 (2-1 SU in those games).

So who you riding, who you fading? Who is going to surprise in a good way, getting themselves off the mat...and who is mailing it in?

So what are the thoughts here? Who's been down and out, but maybe has shown something to indicate a pending uptick? Mississippi State potentially? Basically no offense vs anyone not named Vandy, then come out and score 24 pts and 358 yards on one of the best defenses in the league. 358 yards isn't much you say? Well consider that Miss ST was averaging 229 their previous 4 games and Georgia was only allowing 235 vs 4 teams not named Bama or Florida.

Who has been riding high but maybe slipping a little that hasn't got caught yet? Coastal Carolina maybe? Didn't play great vs South Alabama and could've lost last week (even though they won by 11 were outgained by 46y). WKU has the confidence and enthusiasm that comes with winning 2 of their last 3 although I believe they are still playing pretty poorly. Indiana possibly ready for a unexpected set back? Iowa, winning big, but not dominating the last two like those final scores might imply?

What favorites are set up to disappoint and what dogs are positioned to surprise?

I like your take on Messy State there and have had that in my head for egg bowl. That was pretty solid last week.

Obviously I stick a lot with the Big Ten but I cannot think of anyone that fits the bill here.

Maybe Michigan will have a few good games with a new QB... so maybe a bit of value these next two weeks? The team seemed to finally have energy. But, they also have gotten their heads in the sand easily vs IU/Wisky.

cool thread. I’m to freaking tired now as my eyes getting blurry but I’ll def chime in 2marro.

Are they still playing all the bowl games this season? I havnt even thought bout that till just now. If so obviously the criteria for taking teams gonna have to be much different than normal years?

Are they still playing all the bowl games this season? I havnt even thought bout that till just now. If so obviously the criteria for taking teams gonna have to be much different than normal years?
There's already been a few cancelations. Down to 36. These are all cancelled:
Red Box
Hawaii
Bahamas
Quick Lane
Holiday Bowl
NM Bowl is now being played in Frisco TX.

Last edited:
Some streaks continued (Ark St lost 5th straight 3rd as a favorite, IU 6-0 ATS, SCar lost 5th straight ATS, UNLV now 0-5 ATS)

Some streaks were snapped (NW loss, Ok St covered their first game of last 5, PSU won, Texas St surge at end of season ended with thud)

Miss St has put two back-to-back solid performances together

The UNC cover-noncover-cover alternating trend ended (not like it mattered)

Back