Who Likes Fantasy Football?

Gorgolon Lives

The Reverend of CTG
This will be my 5th year in my live-draft money league and 3rd year playing free online leagues. I'm looking to amp up CTG's Fantasy Forum. While the summer months might not get a lot of activity on the forum, I think it might be a good idea to get the Fantasy football talk started: Sleepers, draft questions, trades, keeper picks, draft strategies, even online leagues between members.

So, my questions is: who's in? Who's interested in participating in the fantasy discussions over the summer? And if it works and gets traffic, it could lead to weekly discussions during the season with start and sit lists, trades, injuries, lineup questions, etc.

:cheers:

If you're just thinking about this now, then you're already behind the game. :smiley_acbe:

Definetly ... Clinton Portis this year, Ladell Betts success at the end of the year was based on the Redskins offense getting used to Saunders' zone blocking, for some reason I see him ranked as low as 18-20 some places, ridiculous

Definetly ... Clinton Portis this year, Ladell Betts success at the end of the year was based on the Redskins offense getting used to Saunders' zone blocking, for some reason I see him ranked as low as 18-20 some places, ridiculous

Portis and Ladell Betts are probably going to split carries.

To be honest, the only one that might have value is Betts-when Portis gets hurt, Betts will carry the entire load. i'm not sure Portis ever will be trusted to do that...

Portis and Ladell Betts are probably going to split carries.

To be honest, the only one that might have value is Betts-when Portis gets hurt, Betts will carry the entire load. i'm not sure Portis ever will be trusted to do that...

exactly. Betts did not get that multiyear contract to carry the ball on 3rd down 5 times a game.

say hello to another shared-carry backfield to deal with for fantasy purposes.

We should form a league with CTG members.

I'm thinking we can get enough for at least 2 10-team money leagues. And possibly even a 3rd league that could be just a fun competitive league. I'm talking to some of the mods to get some details down, including the money amounts.

I'm thinking $50 a person would be sufficient. All money would be sent and held on to by a CTG mod. I think a lot of people don't want to send too much money through the mail. $50 seems like a decent price. If we get 2 money leagues, one could be a higher priced league and one could be a lower priced league to attract all members. A 3rd league could be a free league.

I'm thinking we can get enough for at least 2 10-team money leagues. And possibly even a 3rd league that could be just a fun competitive league. I'm talking to some of the mods to get some details down, including the money amounts.

I'm thinking $50 a person would be sufficient. All money would be sent and held on to by a CTG mod. I think a lot of people don't want to send too much money through the mail. $50 seems like a decent price. If we get 2 money leagues, one could be a higher priced league and one could be a lower priced league to attract all members. A 3rd league could be a free league.

If we do do a money league, I hope that the money can be collected before the draft even takes place. I'm not sure how many people have paid in the baseball league yet-I haven't, but I'm planning to...despite the fact that my team blows. But still, any time I get into a money league, I like to have assurances that everyone has paid and that I'll get paid the full amount if I win...

I'm in for a $50 league...thats probably about the highest I'd go, though.

exactly. Betts did not get that multiyear contract to carry the ball on 3rd down 5 times a game.

say hello to another shared-carry backfield to deal with for fantasy purposes.

Great...now I feel really good about dropping Betts for Anthony Gonzalez. :whip:

I did just get an offer to trade Larry Fitzgerald for Warrick Dunn. My other backs are Gore, Julius Jones, and Chester Taylor. Also have Marvin Harrison, Steve Smith, and Cotchery, so losing Fitzgerald isn't that bad, but I don't see much value in Dunn. Fitz will be worth more fantasy points on average in my opinion.

Any thoughts?

Great...now I feel really good about dropping Betts for Anthony Gonzalez. :whip:

I did just get an offer to trade Larry Fitzgerald for Warrick Dunn. My other backs are Gore, Julius Jones, and Chester Taylor. Also have Marvin Harrison, Steve Smith, and Cotchery, so losing Fitzgerald isn't that bad, but I don't see much value in Dunn. Fitz will be worth more fantasy points on average in my opinion.

Any thoughts?

Dunn will split carries with Norwood. So, you'd be trading a 2nd tier WR for a bench RB. I'd try to move Steve Smith to a team with no WR's for someone like Travis Henry or Willis McGahee. Harrison and Fitzgerald is still a premier combo to have. And you already have a top 5 back in Gore. You really need a more stable #2 RB. If you start 3 WR's, Cotchery is still a nice 3rd WR...And a few WR's will appear on wires throughout the year.

Back