Who likes a conspiracy theory?

rod_steel

Have an adequate day
Firstly let me say I don't bet on the French Ligue 1 or 2 nor do I profess to say I know anything about the league.

However I have been given a bit of interesting information around a match scheduled to take place in around 5 hours time in the Ligue 2 between Ajaccio and Montpellier.

Montpellier are currently in relegation position and need to win tonight. The twist here however is that:-
*Montepellier's current manager of 2 weeks, Rolland Courbis was Ajaccio's former manager before making the move to Montpellier
*Courbis was under investigation by the league whilst he was at Toulon where many of the team's matches were subjected to strange betting trends
* Its widely known that Courbis has strong ties with the betting syndicated who base themselves in Corsica Island
*What has made this game even more suspect is that this game was initially opened up at Montpellier paying +175 for the win, at which point many of the books around the world suspended betting and have now reopened the line at +105, some places even down to -120. The turnover for this match alone at betfair is double that of all the other games in the Ligue 1 & 2 combined.
*For the first time in its history the state-owned gambling company, "Francaise des Jeux" hasn't even offered a line for a Ligue game being this game. Clearly they smell a rat as well.

Bottom line is Montpellier need to win tonight whereas Ajaccio are currently stuck in 10th spot, basically in no mans land on the Ligue 2 table. This has the makings for a 'convenient' Montpellier win.

Now I am not stupid enough to be unloading my bankroll based on what I have noted above, however out of curiosity alone I will have a ping at this one tonight.

Montpellier -0.5/-1 v Ajaccio - (+105) (4)

Should be interesting to see how this one pans out, maybe a 90min winning goal? lol

:shake:

By the way some home/away stats for this one:

Ajaccio (HOME) 9W-6D-3L
Montpellier (AWAY) 2W-6D-10L

:smiley_acbe:

<table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr><td class="GlobalThreadBackground" width="100%">
</td></tr></tbody> </table>

good luck on this one, lots of conspiracies at the end of the season. Quite funny really but this one alone is quite a story. Hope it all pans out for you.

Back