Who Is Your NFL MVP?

twinkie13

In transit, arriving late.
JJ Watt. I am sure everyone agrees. Has there ever been a situation like this, though? A decent team, maybe not going to the playoffs in a reall offensive oriented league and typically offensive award?

Also, will he be the biggest landslide since(not sure who)and if so, the biggest margin for a defensive guy?

I assume most here read the MMQB, which has to do with the post. Really just wanted to see if anyone had another in mind:cigarguy:

Twink, is this one of those posts just to stir shit up during slow sports weeks? Because the guy engraving Aaron Rodgers' name on the MVP trophy as we speak wanted me to ask you that question.

Only other serious contender for that award is Luck because that team has no running game, no O Line and would probably be a 3 win team without him. The guy just refuses to let that team lose and is fearless with the chances he takes throwing into tiny windows for his receivers. Dude is tough as fucking nails and maybe the toughest SOB to play that position since Brett Favre.

If the Texans had a good record and had a stellar defense that carried them through the playoffs, then you could argue that Watt should be in the discussion.

But the MVP, I think, must be a QB. This year I think it's Rogers unless he struggles in the final 3 games, which is possible. He's got 2 road games and then a big divisional game vs. the Lions.

The game that Watt played against Cleveland was one of the best games I've ever seen a football player play, I'll say that. Roughing the punter and all.

aaron-rodgers-18-6.gif

Just reading the thread tells you that good qb is a dime a dozen in modern football. Good defense costs at least a buck fifty

Just reading the thread tells you that good qb is a dime a dozen in modern football. Good defense costs at least a buck fifty

Good QB, sure..maybe. Great QB...no, not a dime a dozen. There are a few elite guys, those are the ones in the discussion here.

I'd like to see Watt win it, he is certainly worthy...just don't see it happening for the reasons others have mentioned.

Even I would have to say Rodgers. Was discussing with some friends a few days ago about a trade..
"would you trade Watt and Foster for Rodgers?" It was an easy discussion for us...hell yes!

QB is just involved in so much more of the play, and with all the new rules over the last 15 years to open up passing I dont see it ever not being a QB going forward

they need to split it in to best QB and MVP not a QB or something like that

Yep. Tough to overcome the stats of the QB having the best year, unless the defensive guy's team is undefeated or something.

Watt is fun to watch though. He's really impressive when you go to the game and just focus on him whether he's in the play or not. He was throwing Joe Thomas and the rest of the Browns blockers around like pesky little brothers in the back yard. Those roughing penalties were pure effort, no malice. And how many All Pro defensive linemen are trying to block punts anyway?

LT won it when he was on a Super Bowl team. A defensive guy is never going to win it on a non-playoff team just as Julio wasn't going to win it if he had stayed healthy and gone balls to the wall the last few games to break the all time receiving record.

Brady, dude does more with less but Rodgers will get it.

most overrated statement used.....
Has the best TE in the league, had the best slot receiver in the league for how many years? now has the best slot receiver again... had pro bowl offensive lineman,, has/had above avg rb's... just because none of the fuck nuts on espn mention the receivers or they go later in a fantasy draft they are not as good....... one was a superbowl mvp, another caught a record number of touchdowns in a year (i think, moss)....he had one of the best in moss and still lost the superbowl....... enough of this statement already.....

I like Roethlisberger as mvp..

If Rodgers played every game at home I would same he wins. Murray deserves it. He has completely changed the Dallas outlook this season.

The Steelers have now had three offensive players mentioned in this thread. Surely they have the most prolific offense of all time right?

1 Antonio Brown
2 Ben Roethlisberger
3 Le'Veon Bell
4 Alex Gurv
5 Steelers punter

Only other serious contender for that award is Luck because that team has no running game, no O Line and would probably be a 3 win team without him. The guy just refuses to let that team lose and is fearless with the chances he takes throwing into tiny windows for his receivers. Dude is tough as fucking nails and maybe the toughest SOB to play that position since Brett Favre.

Spot on about Luck.

Although I would like to see Watt get it.

Watt has been the best player in the league this year, no one has dominated consistently like he has. But he's not the most valuable player in the league. The guy who is most valuable is the one touching the ball every snap on offense and consistently executing. DDC wins this year because of his stellar play but on any other year I think Luck gets it. That team would be bottom 10in the league without him.

Got to think Luck wins one soon. Might be his year. He is having a great year and the run game being so bad he deserves it.

Watt has been the best player in the league this year, no one has dominated consistently like he has. But he's not the most valuable player in the league. The guy who is most valuable is the one touching the ball every snap on offense and consistently executing. DDC wins this year because of his stellar play but on any other year I think Luck gets it. That team would be bottom 10in the league without him.

I think you could say the same about Roethlisberger --- say allyou want about Bell on that team but without Roethlisberger chucking for career highs

Not that they are throwing much in Denver the last couple games but I am surprised Peyton has not been mentioned. He is right there with Luck and Rodgers. With two meaningful games left to play I`d say he`s about 6 TD`s away from equal contention.

The award is not for the best player, but the most valuable player.

Watt is the difference between an ordinary team and a wildcard team. Rodgers is the difference between an average team and a Super Bowl contender

Back