Who is the most average Quarterback in the NFL?

• Thread starter Thread starter C-Gold
  • Start date Start date
C

C-Gold

Who is the most average Quarterback in the NFL?

Chad Pennington?

Clay- Get the hell out of here. Leftwhich isn't average at anything...
Intelligence
Height
body weight
body fat
or playing quarterback in the NFL

Gaycia does fall into the "10%" theory.

Delhomme might be average. Pretty good call on that one.

one of these 5 imo. dunno which one tho. eli manning, rex, pennington, delhomme, carr

I think Pennington is a bit above average.

I agree with CC, Delhomme is the call.

CG-

When did "body comp" become an important criterion in determining QB efficiency in the NFL???? THAT is too funny, man.

I guess Brady Quinn would win that part of the rating....looks like he doesn't have any fat on him.

Horses-

Yeah, I think Delhomme ends up being unseated by David Carr some time this year. I just have a "gut feel" that Carolina turns into a lot of dissension as they year unfolds. Foxx is on the hot-seat, and if he doesn't win early, the natives will get restless.

And, you may be right with Colts doing well this year. Barring injury, they will score points. No doubt about that. Just got a bad feel for them, and 10.5 win total from Vegas is inviting too much public action on the Over.

I say 8-8, but certainly u10.5 wins. That uNDER is paid at plus, too.

Clay- I wasn't saying Byron stinks because he's fat or anything, I was just saying there isn't much "average" about that guy. He's not an average person, and not an average quarterback in the NFL.

Why would you think David Carr steps into carolina and unseats Delhomme?

CG-

Carr may unseat Delohomme for 2 reasons.....

1) Delhomme isn't that good.

2) Carolina struggles early on, pundits get pissed....."bring in Carr," yadda, yadda, yadda.

Essentially, man, I'm not expecting Carolina to do much this year. That being typed, time to load up on their Over future, division future, and conference championship future.....dohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Yeah, Leftwich, due to his plethora of adipose tissue, invites lots of ridicule when he struggles. But, I'd take him over:

1) The Snyder QB....whoever it is.
2) Back-foot Eli
3) Grossman
4) Kitna
5) The Vike QB
6) Harrington
7) Green
8) The Cleve QB
9) The Oak QB

Thus, why I rate Byron as "average." He's in the middle along with some other "average" guys.

Mark Brunell has nothing average about him. He just plain sucks.
I would go with penningtton and Delhome. Garcia has too hot of a wife to be just average haha

I would vote for Delhomme or Pennington and putting Pennington in that discussion might doing favors for him.

As for wanting Leftwich over Grossman, NO THANKS. Grossman will be more then fine this year, people forget first year qb's struggle and I think Grossman will prove a lot of people wrong this year.

I enjoyed watching Leftwich @ Marshall but he really has not done much at all in the pros.

Clay- Delhomme isn't that good, but then again he isn't that bad... hence Mr. Average.

I agree if Carolina stinks, the second guessing media will bring the " give david carr a chance, he was a #1 pick etc.", but Fox is smarter than that. Once you bring in Carr, Delhommes career is effectivly over. Since Delhomme is better than Carr, I don't think Carr starts if Delhomme is healthy.

I'd certainly take Backfoot Eli over leftwhich. Eli had the highest scoring offense in the league 2 years ago for much of the season ( as a first year starter). His Giants were picked to finish 4th two years ago, but they won the division at 11-5. The following year his Giants were the 3rd playoff team in their divsion ( very difficult), with the hardest schedule in the league. Eli has thrown 48 TD passes in his first 2 years as a starter.

There is not a shot in hell why I would take Byron over Eli. Byron was replaced last year by a mobile guy that had his opponent score 3 touchdowns on defense in 1 game because of him. Byron getting replaced by David Garrard is a joke. Garrard wouldn't be near the center if he were on the giants. It's just riddulous.

I'd certainly take Kitna over Byron too. He should certainly put up better numbers this year to say the least.

Trent Green was hurt last year, but he was the most underrated QB in the league before that. If he comes back even remotly back to himself, he will be miles ahead of byron the retard

I'd take Grossman over Byron. I wouldn't exactly be excited to make that decision, but Rex has a quicker release, better mechanics, but they are both very injury prone.

I'd also take Chuck Frye over Byron. I'm not saying charlie is very good, but it's hard to tell when he's playing on that poopstain offense in cleveland. I don't think he played terrible or anything, but Byron showed us he's bad.

Whoever starts in Oakland is just in a bad situation, it's hard to judge them.

I think Jason Campbell outperforms byron this year.

I'll give you tavaras Jackson though.

Back