Who Is in your national Championship

~Utah

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
I did this last year after the first weekend of November. I remember predicted Georgia to make it to the national chmapionship.

AP Top 25
1. Alabama (46) 9-0 1,600
2. Texas Tech (12) 9-0 1,528
3. Penn State (6) 9-0 1,525
4. Florida (1) 7-1 1,398
5. Texas 8-1 1,353
6. Oklahoma 8-1 1,324
7. USC 7-1 1,250
8. Oklahoma State 8-1 1,198
9. Boise State 8-0 1,030
10. Utah 9-0 1,028
11. TCU 9-1 958
12. Ohio State 7-2 898
13. Missouri 7-2 830
14. Georgia 7-2 808
15. LSU 6-2 746
16. Ball State 8-0 594
17. Brigham Young 8-1 536
18. Michigan State 8-2 456
19. North Carolina 6-2 418
20. West Virginia 6-2 303
21. California 6-2 288
22. Georgia Tech 7-2 286
23. Maryland 6-2 242
24. Florida State 6-2 128
25. Pittsburgh 6-2 96

How it goes down for me, the way I see it.

Alabama loses to LSU @ LSU
PSU loses to Iowa or MSU
Texas Tech beats Okie State taking them out of the picture

Texas Tech later goes down to Oklahoma, this would make them jump up to #1 IMO.

Texas runs the table

Florida runs the table and beats Alabama in the SEC Championship game

USC is the most overrated team.

Texas beats Mizzu in the Big 12 championship

Texas jumps Oklahoma in rankings

Texas vs Florida in the national championship

My Oklahoma bet does not look good :(.

No way Penn St loses to MSU...only one I really disagree with; so if you want Penn St out, you better hope Iowa takes them down.

No way Penn St loses to MSU...only one I really disagree with; so if you want Penn St out, you better hope Iowa takes them down.

I really think Iowa will actually beat them. The AP pollster realize what an overrated team that PSU is and if they are in the Big 12 they are sitting in 5th place in the south division

Ideally, Texas vs. Florida.

Most likely, though, Florida vs. Penn St. Florida wins again in a laugher.

No real argument; I can't say for certainty that PSU is better than any of those 4 south teams. I also do not think they should be penalized for OSU's recent struggles in the MNC...besides, hard to believe an undefeated JoePa is shutout of the MNC if they stay undefeated.

Agree Iowa has a definite shot. Penn St -5 or 6 is probably a good line.

B12 champ vs SEC champ should be natl title game, but I think TT drops to OK State and you have the B12 getting fucked since UF will win out.

In typical B10 vs SEC nat'l title game fashion, Fla destroys Penn St while the nation continues arguing for a playoff system because Texas will win their bowl game.

IMO the national championship game should be Texas vs Oklahoma if they both run the table :)

I disagree, I think Iowa matches up very poorly with PSU. Penn States defensive line is the strongest part of their defense, they shut beanie and pryor down. I thought Stanzi looked pretty shitty yesterday against Illinois so I dont think iowa can win with the pass. Greene is a good running back just think psu contains him. I dont see this as a good spot for PSU to lose and not just because im a fan.

Those are good points Davey...I agree Iowa will have a hard time on offense, but the flip side is probably true as well...I just see it as your typical, low scoring b10 slugfest.

Thanks Horses, I agree with you though it should be a lower scoring game with two strong defenses. With last week off though I think the chances of them having a let down are less. They should be ready to play

Davey I basically thought it would be a letdown, we will have to see, im hoping for an above TD spread.

Do you go to PSU? I know most people live in the blitz hate PSU unless they went their :) or they live in the burbs

Alex, I don't go to psu but i do live in the burbs lol. I'm actually a pitt fan too but prob like psu a little more. Definitely can't rule a let down out tho, just think the week off gave them time to refocus

Theres a problem with your scenario. If Tech beats Ok State but loses to Oklahoma theres a 3 way tie for first in the Big 12 south that can't be determined by head to head matchups. It would go to whoever is ranked higher in the BCS goes to the Big 12 Champ game. It will probably be OU.

Theres a problem with your scenario. If Tech beats Ok State but loses to Oklahoma theres a 3 way tie for first in the Big 12 south that can't be determined by head to head matchups. It would go to whoever is ranked higher in the BCS goes to the Big 12 Champ game. It will probably be OU.

True that, that would actually make me happy. But I dont think thats a 100% fact that OU will jump texas. Who knows with these polls

The points are so slim right now I just can really see at the end of the year voters look really hard at their ballots and putting Texas ahead of OU much like they did when Texas got put over Cal a couple of years back.

Texas and OU both have one loss. They both played on a neutral field and Texas won by 10. How in the world can you say OU is the better team?

The points are so slim right now I just can really see at the end of the year voters look really hard at their ballots and putting Texas ahead of OU much like they did when Texas got put over Cal a couple of years back.

Texas and OU both have one loss. They both played on a neutral field and Texas won by 10. How in the world can you say OU is the better team?

If anyone can do it, it will be the BCS easily. The fact that Texas played the 4 best teams, 4 weeks in a row should also be taken into account. Texas deserves to be ahead of Oklahoma, no doubt about it IMO. If it plays like ive said that is. But deserving doesnt mean it will happen. I also dont think we should be taking Okie St so lightly. They can beat Oklahoma and they can beat Texas Tech. Should be a fun rest of the season

tech and bama both lose at least once probably twice.

Florida runs the table spanking bama in the sec championship

Penn st hopefully loses once so we dont have to watch them get comepletely worked by florida/texas/ok/usc... Penn st goes 9-3,8-4 if they played florida/texas schedule and it will be a continuous joke if these big ten teams keep getting into the natl championship. Don't say you cant punish them for there schedule either, they havent played a road non conf game in probably ten years. Ohio st continually schedules non conf opponents. For example texas acouple years and usc this year. There is no reason penn st cant do the same, and they should be punished for playing 4 road games a year

Florida vs Texas in the natl champ

Back