Who in the NFL NEEDS to be fired/released?

• Thread starter Thread starter C-Gold
  • Start date Start date
C

C-Gold

Lets start with the coaches...
1. Norv Turner
2. Marvin Lewis
3. Brian Billeck ( Ego maniac)
4. Brad Childress
5. Tony ( Affirmative Action) Fungy
6. Ron Meeks
7. Ted Cottrell
8. Chiefs offensive coordinator
9. Scott Lineham
10. Joe Gibbs needs to go back to Nascar
11. I still think Rod Marinelli sucks even though DET is 3-1
12. Mike " Look at me I am wearing a suit" Nolan

Deangelo Hall... was asked " Could you play long term for Bobby Petrino".
Hall quote, " Some coaches were made for college football, and some for the pros... If he wants my respect he should first give respect ".

Tavaras Jackson is a waste of time for the Vikings

Rex Grossman

Joe Buck is nails against a chalkboard for me

Ron Pitts and JC Pearman are two of the biggest idiots ever allowed in the booth. I would call them the dumbest, but then I heard Soloman Wilcots.

Ron Pitts and JC Pearman are two of the biggest idiots ever allowed in the booth. I would call them the dumbest, but then I heard Soloman Wilcots.

It was absolute torture yesterday to listen to those idiots. I thought Madden a few seasons ago was bad, but at least he's so stupid he's somewhat funny.

Madden is so stupid that he is sort of funny, but he also has the best play by play guy next to him... Al Michaels. Michaels is a better freaking analyst than some of the booth analysts!

Here are some of the things I heard from that horrible Packers/Vikings game yesterday with JC Pearman and Ron Pitts...

1. JC kept calling a post corner route a "sail" route... I have never heard that and it was wrong... I think he refered to it a "sail" route because the ball floated or "sailed" on that route, but I've never heard somebody call a post corner route a sail route. He was later corrected on that.

2. There was a vikings run play where the defender was about 5 yards short and he judged and said " I don't think he is going to make that first down..." No shit, the guy is 5 yards away from the first down.

3. There was a play where a receiver drops a pass and I guess it was JC said, " I believe this is an incomplete pass". No shit, the guy dropped the ball.

4. Being unable to identify what was going on. There was a play later in the game where it appeard the runner was "horse collared". Ed Hocuhuli and a few officials were talking about the penalty, and the two idiots were going on about what they thought was an illegal pick play by a wide receiver. It wasn't even close to an illegal pick play, in fact I don't think the DB was ever even touched. These guys were just morons that couldn't even figure out what was going on. How the hell can Fox put these idiots in the booth that couldn't even identify what was going on?

5.Brett Favre breaks one of the most prestigious records in all of sports, and they didn't say more than 2 sentences about it. In fact, the Minnestoa Vikings franchise honored Brett Favre more than Pitts and Pearman. The Vikings stopped the game and showed a clip from Dan Marino at the Metrodome that congradulated Favre ( I thought that was pretty cool). The Vikings fans were classy enough to cheer too. Pitts and Pearman didn't say much at all about Favre breaking the record.

You couple that with Pearman doing the vikings game 2 weeks ago where he was drooling over Tavaras Jackson who threw 4 picks.

Then this week Holcomb misses an open receiver early in the game, and he really bashed the guy. They were talking about the "playmakers" on this vikings offense that he needs to get the ball too.

but 2 weeks ago when Tavaras Jackson played like shit, they complained Minny didn't have any "play makers".

These were just too dumb guys that explained what they couldn't understand as a guy "just making plays".

These two guys really don't understand football, they just love to hear themselves speak and I found them very biased.

Madden is so stupid that he is sort of funny, but he also has the best play by play guy next to him... Al Michaels. Michaels is a better freaking analyst than some of the booth analysts!

Here are some of the things I heard from that horrible Packers/Vikings game yesterday with JC Pearman and Ron Pitts...

1. JC kept calling a post corner route a "sail" route... I have never heard that and it was wrong... I think he refered to it a "sail" route because the ball floated or "sailed" on that route, but I've never heard somebody call a post corner route a sail route. He was later corrected on that.

2. There was a vikings run play where the defender was about 5 yards short and he judged and said " I don't think he is going to make that first down..." No shit, the guy is 5 yards away from the first down.

3. There was a play where a receiver drops a pass and I guess it was JC said, " I believe this is an incomplete pass". No shit, the guy dropped the ball.

4. Being unable to identify what was going on. There was a play later in the game where it appeard the runner was "horse collared". Ed Hocuhuli and a few officials were talking about the penalty, and the two idiots were going on about what they thought was an illegal pick play by a wide receiver. It wasn't even close to an illegal pick play, in fact I don't think the DB was ever even touched. These guys were just morans.

5.Brett Favre breaks one of the most prestigious records in all of sports, and they didn't say more than 2 sentences about it. In fact, the Minnestoa Vikings franchise honred Brett Favre more than Pitts and Pearman. The Vikings stopped the game and showed a clip from Dan Marino at the Metrodome that congradulated Favre. The Vikings fans were classy enough to cheer too. Pitts and Pearman didn't say much at all about Favre breaking the record.

You couple that with Pearman doing the vikings game 2 weeks ago where he was drooling over Tavaras Jackson who threw 4 picks.

Then this week Holcomb misses an open receiver, and he really bashed the guy. They were talking about the "playmakers" on this vikings offense that he needs to get the ball too.

but 2 weeks ago when Tavaras Jackson played like shit, they complained Minny didn't have any "play makers".

These were just too dumb guys that explained what they couldn't understand as a guy "just making plays".

These two guys really don't understand football, they just love to hear themselves speak.

A-freakin-men. Although, couple of great Maddenism last night...

"You know, you're beatin' a team all game long, but at some point you have to get a separation in the score." (I thought thats what beating a team meant)

and when Al Michaels was talking about a lead-in clip of a local NYG restaurant, Madden declares: "I love peanut butter. I could eat peanut butter for breakfast, lunch and dinner." haha, Thanks for that John Madden, and keep up the great work!

:36_11_6: You're right

The horse collar stuff was just the absolute worst. You could tell from how the players were acting it wasn't on Minny. Also need to say it was a class act by Minny and their fans yesterday. As a Packer fan I appreciated seeing that.

I can't believe the coverage they gave to Favre breaking the record. If John Madden did the Pack/Vikings game he would have cummed through his pants talking about his favorite player breaking the record.

I saw a reference to Favre and an "interceptions record" by the commentators with a chuckle. I honestly think they don't like him. That is fine, but you have to give the guy respect for that big career achievement.

Then you couple that with all the Tavaras Jackson love, after horrible games.

What would happen if two white commentators didn't care when Donovan Mcnabb or Steve Mcnair broke one of the most storied records at their position, but then hyped up Rex Grossman for some odd reason?

Not to stick up for his coaching this year, really just to stick up for him for his history with the Eagles, but it's somewhat tough to really kill Childress.

The guy doesn't have a QB. He didn't have one last year either, 45 year old Brad Johnson? What was that choice? That's as much an organizational failure as it is anything.

Maybe they thought Childress would coach up Jackson or Bollinger or whatever, but as an organization you need to make a choice there--and even if your choice is to go with someone as ridiculously raw as Jackson, you HAVE to bring in some sort of veteran backup sooner than they brought in Holcomb. Preferably someone better than Holcomb, too.

That said, none of this explains his ludicrous decisions to keep AP off the field in key situations.

It's like Norv Turner not giving the ball to LT, it's just that stupid.

I wouldn't stick up for Brad Childress at all. They should have hired Mike Tomlin as the Head coach over him in the first place, instead of as a defensive coordinator.

You can't use the "Childress doesn't have a QB argument".

He supposedly fell in love with reggie ball... Tavaras Jackson, and Jeff Garcia was available. If Garcia was a viking, they would certainly be 3-1 or even 4-0.

But how many teams DO have a good quarterback Joe? I mean honestly? How many GOOD quarterbacks are out there? People still don't even think Eli Manning is "good" and he would have that Vikings team 3-1 or 4-0.

Ohhh, but Jeff Garcia is "old"

Who cares? The NFL is all about right here, right now, what the fuck have you done for me latley. If you got 2 good years out of Garcia and won, you would buy yourself time.

There is no freaking way that Childress is going to take a D1AA sub 55% passer and turn him into some good west coast offense quarterback in 2 years. No freaking way. Gradkowski in Tampa was better than Jackson and even that wouldn't work.

Adrian Peterson looks like the real deal... He had 100 yards in I believe the first half, and Childress gave him the ball 2 times in the second half!

Honestly, I bet on the Packers yesterday, and the only thing that scared me was Peterson. Holcome was picked up about 2 months ago, and can't possibly know that offense that well. Peterson looks like the real deal.

I know last week SHSU and a bunch of use posed the question...
AP at the #7 pick, or Reggie Bush at #2?

The Saints can't even use Reggie " the gale sayers once in a generation " type player as a running back! How can you be once in a generation when they use you like a fucking Wint T offense wing back?

Look at how those USC greatest offense ever players slipped in the draft and have thus far been dissapointments

Leinart slipped in the draft, and losses PT to warner
Lendale white needs to visit Jenny craig
Reggie Bush can't even be used as a fulltime RB
don't think Dwayne Jarret has even seen the field yet, he fell in the draft
Winston Justive gave up 6 freaking sacks last night!
Steve Smith is injured
Ryan Kalil might be the only guy playing up to his potential, but he was moved from center to guard, and got blown off the ball by La'rai glover in week 1 giving up an easy sack.

You couple that with Pearman doing the vikings game 2 weeks ago where he was drooling over Tavaras Jackson who threw 4 picks. So very true .I watched that game and they were all over T jack when he threw and hit the end zone back pad , Pearman says he over threw it a little .....No fucking shit like 30 yards!!!!!! As far as coaches you forgot Herm Edwards,Nice guy but cant coach period!!! Turner, Billeck, And for sure Lewis

I don't think Herm Edwards deserves to be fired. I see him as an above average coach. His press conferences are funny as shit, but Herm is a decent coach.

Pearman was DROOLING over Tavaras Jackson.

He thinks that he is so mobile because of how he looks. Nobody talks about Jon Kitnas mobility, but Kitna has more rushing yards than Jackson. Why not talk about Jon Kitna as a " threat with his legs" if you are going to do the same with Jackson?

Jackson threw some of the worst balls I have ever seen in an NFL game against he Lions. There was a receiver streaking down the sidelines, and he had a ball overthrown about 15 yards out of bounds to those onfield seats.

There were a few picks that were an absolute joke. Jackson was blitzed and literally just threw the ball up.

The Lion safety waited under the pass like it was a punt return, or a center fielder catching a lazy pop fly in baseball. I have never seen picks like that before. The defender just found the landing point of the ball, and stood there just waiting for what seemed like an eternity.

There was no harping on Jackson.

When Kelly Holdcum over threw a receiver early in the game yesteday, the announcers said the vikings " can't have any of that" and went on to bash him. They also cited his " lack of mobility".

If Brad Childress is going to start Jackson, I am certainly going to make money fading that bum. He is the worst starter in the league... grossman including.

Back