who here thinks the spurs dont have a chance?

• Thread starter Thread starter Billivy
  • Start date Start date
B

Billivy

i believe they will take care finish what they should have started last season and beat dallas in 7....i have no fear of phoenix OR the eastern conference

I have no fear of the Suns either, we all know what happened two years ago and how easily Spurs beat them. Suns can't rely on D, Bowen limits Marion, ball distribution is tampered with, game over baby.

Dallas will be a threat. Houston COULD be a threat, but Spurs are better overall. Utah? Nah.

East? Pistons could offer a good contest, I don't see Miami, Cleveland or Chicago doing the same.

San An and Dallas will be another classic. Spurs can win there and vice-bersa. Thats your finals.

If it was SA and DET again...it would be similar...7 games...and prolly Spurs in 7 with homecourt...

Well if Spurs v Pistons is boring then I don't know what isn't. I'm looking forward to some quality plays, top class D and game 7. ;)

Looking forward to Bilivy/Satyr v SEMCON finals :D :cheers:

Well if Spurs v Pistons is boring then I don't know what isn't. I'm looking forward to some quality plays, top class D and game 7. ;)

Looking forward to Bilivy/Satyr v SEMCON finals :D :cheers:

ah yes...Billivy...our NY/Merytle Beach transplanted Spurs fanatic(lol)

I think Hustle mans bandwagon jump this year is Spurs as well..lol

We all know the playoffs are geared towards supporting slow, nonathletic, aging players.. they get 3 nights off sometimes and their not even traveling... huge benefit to the Spurs.

Spurs can't have the inconsistency from the perimeter if they're going to win it all this year. That's the weakness I see. Manu is the only one reliably hitting outside shots. If opponents can stuff the paint with defenders and have Finley and Bowen missing 3s, the Spurs might have some tough days...

Well if Spurs v Pistons is boring then I don't know what isn't.

Cleveland vs anyone would be awesome, just because of Lebron. Otherwise, I'm thinking the Finals are going to be anti-climatic as hell unless the Suns can make it .. which they won't. I don't see the Mavericks losing

I really think you can play the Mavs and Spurs futures for the W.C. and worst case break even. I really don't see any other team winning it.

Some people need to be reminded that if Jason terry wasnt given a bullshit suspension, then Dallas dont need 7 games to beat the Spurs last season, and the Spurs had home advanatge. No suspension and venue advanatge reversed this season (and Dallas arguably playing better ball since they havent had the massive injury toll they suffered last season, leading to greater time to generate team cohesion) means its only going to that much more tougher for the Spurs to get by the Mavs this season. That doesnt mean I think they can't, but comparing this seasons set-up to last, I'd have to say last year provided their better chance. They failed then....

I really think you can play the Mavs and Spurs futures for the W.C. and worst case break even. I really don't see any other team winning it.

I think Houston is a team not best ignored. They pushed the Mavs 2 seasons ago, then injuries screwed them last season. They are going to be a tough nut to get by.

ah yes...Billivy...our NY/Merytle Beach transplanted Spurs fanatic(lol)

I think Hustle mans bandwagon jump this year is Spurs as well..lol

How about an Eastern European/Croatian native a Spurs fan :D?

Since 1995 baby :wacka wacka:

P.S. anyone remember 1992. Olympic finals and Croatian squad playing against the REAL Dream Team? Kukoč, Rađa, Perasović, Petrović, Tabak, Cvjetičanin, Arapović, Alanović, etc...

That was some team :smiley_acbe: :smiley_acbe:

How about an Eastern European/Croatian native a Spurs fan :D?

Since 1995 baby :wacka wacka:

P.S. anyone remember 1992. Olympic finals and Croatian squad playing against the REAL Dream Team? Kukoč, Rađa, Perasović, Petrović, Tabak, Cvjetičanin, Arapović, Alanović, etc...

That was some team :smiley_acbe: :smiley_acbe:

That was a helluva team Satyr

Was Dino Radja on that team?(played for Celtics for a few years)

Obviously Petro was one of the great young shooting guards the NBA had to offer b4 tradegy

I've been saying these for weeks if not months. When the season began I bought the Spurs to win both the West and Finals thinking their number was going to drop. That didn't happen since Dallas and Phoenix have been on fire all season. Anyways, the Spurs are armed and dangerous and they know how to win. I'm sure hoping you're right because I have a nice pay day on the way if that's true.

That was a helluva team Satyr

Was Dino Radja on that team?(played for Celtics for a few years)

Obviously Petro was one of the great young shooting guards the NBA had to offer b4 tradegy

Yep, Dino Rađa was there. Imagine this, Croatia actually had a 25-23 lead over the real Dream Team. Different times then, no Puerto Rico would've beaten the Dream Team with Barkley, Robinson, Bird, Magic, Jordan, Drexler, Payton, Malone, Stockton...etc.

But look at this team:

* Vladan Alanović, Franjo Arapović, Danko Cvjetičanin, Alan Gregov, Arijan Komazec, Toni Kukoč, Aramis Naglić, Velimir Perasović, Dražen Petrović, Dino Rađa, Stojko Vranković i Žan Tabak
o Group A: results
+ Croatia - Brazil 93:76 (55:40)
+ Croatia - USA 70:103 (37:54)
+ Croatia - Spain 88:77 (45:42)
+ Croatia - Germany 99:78 (46:41)
+ Croatia - Angola 73:64 (28:38)
o quarterfinals: Croatia - Australia 98:65 (41:31)
o semifinals: Croatia - Unified team 75:74 (30:40)
o finals: Croatia - USA 85:117 (42:56)
o 2nd place (silver medal)

I wrote an article on Dražen a few years ago, will try to find it. I was just a kid then but Dražen, as well as some others there, were my idols.

Tragic accident, definitely. He was a pioneer coming from Europe as a sharp shooter ready to carry the team, highly unorthodox back then, but he showed up.

we're getting off the subject...

i like the spurs,
they are a good team,
tim duncan is a good player... these are the things we need to be focusing on

Yep, Dino Rađa was there. Imagine this, Croatia actually had a 25-23 lead over the real Dream Team. Different times then, no Puerto Rico would've beaten the Dream Team with Barkley, Robinson, Bird, Magic, Jordan, Drexler, Payton, Malone, Stockton...etc.

But look at this team:

* Vladan Alanović, Franjo Arapović, Danko Cvjetičanin, Alan Gregov, Arijan Komazec, Toni Kukoč, Aramis Naglić, Velimir Perasović, Dražen Petrović, Dino Rađa, Stojko Vranković i Žan Tabak
o Group A: results
+ Croatia - Brazil 93:76 (55:40)
+ Croatia - USA 70:103 (37:54)
+ Croatia - Spain 88:77 (45:42)
+ Croatia - Germany 99:78 (46:41)
+ Croatia - Angola 73:64 (28:38)
o quarterfinals: Croatia - Australia 98:65 (41:31)
o semifinals: Croatia - Unified team 75:74 (30:40)
o finals: Croatia - USA 85:117 (42:56)
o 2nd place (silver medal)

I wrote an article on Dražen a few years ago, will try to find it. I was just a kid then but Dražen, as well as some others there, were my idols.

Tragic accident, definitely. He was a pioneer coming from Europe as a sharp shooter ready to carry the team, highly unorthodox back then, but he showed up.

I read your article on Drazen last year I believe..it was pretty neat.

I remember the exact moment whne they were up on Drewm Team too....it was shocking but alas that didn;t last long

we're getting off the subject...

i like the spurs,
they are a good team,
tim duncan is a good player... these are the things we need to be focusing on

Billivy,

Welcome to the forum. Any questions feel free to contact us:shake:

I think Houston is a team not best ignored. They pushed the Mavs 2 seasons ago, then injuries screwed them last season. They are going to be a tough nut to get by.

I think Houston's biggest problem is their seeding. I really don't see how a 4/5 team could win the W.C. with the current seedings. First series for the Rockets would be with the Jazz and no doubt that'll be physical as hell. Then come the Mavs who would be favored to take down the Rockets. If T-Mac made it thru those two series without back spasms they'd face the Spurs in a 7 game. To me that is a road that the Rockets are not ready to travel yet.

Still got a Championship team. Media is forgetting this team over Mav's win streak, Kobes point streak, LJ, Nash bla bla bla, but they have the Coach, the guards and experience. Best team out there not to be leading a division

Mavs have their number over a 7 game series

The real sleeping giant of the West are the Rockets - they may not be able to match the Mavs' depth, the Spurs post season experience or roll with the Suns run 'n gun style but you can't discount a team who have T-Mac and the most dominant centre in the league today. However they really need to get that home seed off the Jazz IMO

I agree with Mike, Houston lacks a good PG to be a real contender.

About the Spurs, last year they had some bad luck in that 7 game (Duncan was clearly fouled in the last seconds of regular time - 2ft should had been awarded).

This year they don't look as strong as in the last one, but they have the experience required and they will be looking to revenge last year elimination. If they can beat the suns (not so sure) i believe they will be in a great place to reach the finals.

Ps: sorry for the grammar

.... However they really need to get that home seed off the Jazz IMO

rod, as far as I'm aware thats not possible. Stern has said that division winners must get HA for the 1st round. His concession about a non-div winner getting higher than 4th due to a great/better record counts for (therefore) only 1 team (in this instance, the Spurs).

rod, as far as I'm aware thats not possible. Stern has said that division winners must get HA for the 1st round. His concession about a non-div winner getting higher than 4th due to a great/better record counts for (therefore) only 1 team (in this instance, the Spurs).

BC - rules have changed this season. Jazz will still get the number 4 seed by virtue of being a divisional winner, but this season that is merely just a number as HCA is determined with reference to the number of wins during the regular season. So if Rockets do end up winning more games than the Jazz, Jazz will still be the #4 seed but Rockets will gain the HCA.

Shane Battier changed the situation. That one trade makes the Rockets a real threat. Love it when Duncan cranes his neck, looks up into the sky and sees ----Yao.

Back