Who doesn't make the playoffs in the West?

cogenman

Raider Nation for Life
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=yspsctbg><TD class=ysptblhdr height=18>Western Conference</TD></TR><TR><TD class=ysptblbdr2><TABLE class=yspwhitebg cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=ysptblthbody1><TD class=yspdetailttl colSpan=2 height=18> Team</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl align=right>GB </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD height=18> 1.</TD><TD> * LA Lakers</TD><TD align=right>-- </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD height=18> 2.</TD><TD> * San Antonio</TD><TD align=right>8.0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD height=18> 3.</TD><TD> * Denver</TD><TD align=right>9.0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD height=18> 4.</TD><TD> Houston</TD><TD align=right>10.0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD height=18> 5.</TD><TD> Portland</TD><TD align=right>10.5 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD height=18> 6.</TD><TD> New Orleans</TD><TD align=right>11.0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD height=18> 7.</TD><TD> Utah</TD><TD align=right>11.0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD height=18> 8.</TD><TD> Dallas</TD><TD align=right>11.5 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD height=18> 9.</TD><TD> Phoenix</TD><TD align=right>13.5 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Basically it's a 9 team race in the west for 8 spots. At first I was thinking the Suns wouldn't make the playoffs but with the emergance of Shaq, I think they can do it. Bring back Amare and Nash for the playoffs and they can be dangerous.

If I had to pick a team to not make it it would be probably Dallas. Even with Jason Terry back they look disinterested and don't have the killer instinct. Dirk can't take over games as he's too soft and Josh Howard looks like he doesn't give a fuck. Not to mention Kidd is getting too old and probably will retire after next year.

Suns wont make it. Just look at their schedule and you will see what I mean.
Its just BRUTAL!
11 of their 15 games in march are against teams with a winning record.
The upcoming 4 games road-trip(Orl-Mia-Hou-SA) will tell us.

Will be a damn shame if Phoenix doesn't get it. Phoenix-LA in the first round would be great.

Think the NBA may agree with Killa. Calls in the Laker game were pretty brutal. Would agree the only teams that might fall to fall out woul be Suns or Hornets.

Amare isn't coming back.

Yesterday was Phoenix's first good win since break. They had been horrid against solid teams. No coincidence, the weakest defensive link sat out.

Killa is right, STERN is drooling over that matchup so it could happen.

In a fairly called NBA, Phoenix gets nudged out.

If Nash gets back to 100% quick, I like him and Shaq's odds of willing the Suns into the playoffs over a weak Dallas team.

My thought is Utah...they have more road games than home games, struggle on the road and I think even though they are finally healthy they lose some road games and it costs them.

Utah does have an incredibly tough final month or so. That's the reason I've been playing them so much lately. They have to go 3-2 on this EC swing if they plan on making the playoffs.

Suns or Dallas. Dallas is about to lose to the thunder which they can't do...But terry is just getting back so they might be able to hold of the suns, who I think are suddently becoming very overrated

Agree with Slayer, can't lose games to teams with less than 15 wins. I think Dallas blows it. Not enough to keep pace with the improved Suns.

right now, I'm going with dallas. last nights game was pretty much the answer as to how much they care about making the playoffs.

tx, wizard - I agree, they need some big time help and a little heart shown would be great. hard to believe this was the 1 seed a few years back

tx, wizard - I agree, they need some big time help and a little heart shown would be great. hard to believe this was the 1 seed a few years back

who got knocked the fuk out by an 8th seed!! man, i think everyone and their mom cleaned up on that series bet that year. I was lucky to get +880 on the warriors and it went all the way down to like +400 before the 1st gmae started. Vegas knew they were screwed!! hahaha. best of times!!!

who got knocked the fuk out by an 8th seed!! man, i think everyone and their mom cleaned up on that series bet that year. I was lucky to get +880 on the warriors and it went all the way down to like +400 before the 1st gmae started. Vegas knew they were screwed!! hahaha. best of times!!!

Yea, I realize they lost, but the point is they were still the number 1 seed in the West. Not easy to do.

Back