Who do you want your team to get in the offseason?

frankiegotti

Power Boat Enthusiast
Teams with money available

1. Tennessee 40 million
2. San Diego 33 million
3. Jacksonville 32 million
4. Buffalo 32 million
5. New Orleans 31 million
6. cincinatti 31 million
7. San Fransisco 30 million
8. Cleveland 30 million
9. Arizona 30 million
10. Ny Jets 27 million
11. oakland 25 million
12. tampa 25 million
13. miami 25 million
14. Ny giants 24 million
15. Detroit 23 million
16. Houston 22 million
17. Dallas 20 million
18. Kansas City 20 million
19. Chicago 19 million
20 Pittsburgh 18 million
21. Green Bay 18 million
22. Philadelphia 17 million
23. Denver 16 million
24. Minnesota 14 million
25. New England 10 million
26. St. Louis 9 million
27. Seattle 9 million
28. Indianpolis 8 million
29. Carolina 6 million
30. Atlanta 5 million*
31. Baltimore 5 million
32. Washington -20 million

Does not include amount that NFL is going to forgive atlanta for vick's signing bonus.

A side note that numbers do not include extensions during the year or players that have been resigned already. :cheers:

This draft is critical for the Bears future. They have players on defense with some depth so they need to build the offense more. Offensive line and quarterback are a big problem. Both will probably be addressed in the draft, with the line maybe via Free Agency.

Michael Turner would look great in a Bears uniform. It'll be interesting to see what he decides to do. I think he wants more of a role and there were people saying he would love to come home and play. We will see...

i am trying to paste the free agent list in here, but for some reason when i right click on the box it dosen't give me an option to select paste. Any suggestions?

Offensive Line, Safety & Quarterback (although that will never happen in Chicago so why bother with drafting a QB).......offensive lineman who can actually block is the biggest need.

My wants ...

a one cut back/downhill runner ---> michael turner
a playmaker at safety so we can run an effective cover 2 like we did when mike brown was healthy for all of 1/2 of football at san diego
a big fat DT who can stuff the run to free up tommie harris
2 offensive lineman
no more adam archuleta but his wife can stay
vasher healthy
no briggs
rex grossman on the other side of the mississippi river or CFL. whichever is most convenient for the airlines or taxi service because rex is just not worth it.
dont care about berrian (w or w/o)

Seattle needs to concentrate on the offense this year. We need a tightend, a better backup QB (for frye not Seneca) this will allow Seneca to do more non-QB stuff. Those are the two big issues.

We always need O-linemen and would love to swap out Shaun somehow upgrade the RB or line as this was a weak point for us this year.

Our defense is pretty set for a long time. But there can always be upgrades.

I really think Seattle goes after LJ Smith.

I just hope the Eagles go after a WR and the Browns go after defense.

My wants aren't all that extensive.

I hope the Skins can rob a bank without someone finding out about it this offseason. They're in this kind of cap mess with a new coach coming in and Jason Campbell as their starting QB.

Dios Mio man.....

I feel for you as a fan, Doggy. But as a Birds fan myself, tough to shed tears for what Snyder's doing over there.

My wants ...

a one cut back/downhill runner ---> michael turner
a playmaker at safety so we can run an effective cover 2 like we did when mike brown was healthy for all of 1/2 of football at san diego
a big fat DT who can stuff the run to free up tommie harris
2 offensive lineman
no more adam archuleta but his wife can stay
vasher healthy
no briggs
rex grossman on the other side of the mississippi river or CFL. whichever is most convenient for the airlines or taxi service because rex is just not worth it.
dont care about berrian (w or w/o)

Brewer I agree with most of what you say, the one concern I have is its going to take a lot of cap money to sign Turner & I just do not see management allocating that kind of big money to that position when you have cedrick the entertainer locked in for the next few years.

I for one rather see them beef up both the offensive/defensive lines and get a safety who knows how to tackle. This is a critical offseason for the bears and I hope Angelo & Company know what the hell they are doing.

Angelo has barely shown any sense on the offensive side, it's all defense for him.

I would LOVE Turner and want him but I too see it as a longshot with the Bears spending money for him.

Briggs is gone, that is easy.

Even if Archuleta is on the team, he isn't the starter anymore. The team likes McGowan more than him at this point. McGowan has played fantastic and just might be the safety of the future. I know Bears fans might not want to hear that but it might reality. I too hope they draft someone what can play at the position with playmaking abilities but I wouldn't be overly pissed if they didn't get anyone.

The team needs to shake up the quarterback position. If we go into camp with Grossman, Griese, and Orton, I will be VERY pissed as a fan of this team.

Saints better go after Asante Samuel. PLEASE!!!

Draft CBs, LBs, replace Josh Bullocks, RT. And Meachem better contribute next year.

Saints better go after Asante Samuel. PLEASE!!!

Draft CBs, LBs, replace Josh Bullocks, RT. And Meachem better contribute next year.

YES!!!!!! For fuck's sake, get some fucking defenders! The two CB's out of Kansas and Wisconsin look to be the only decent ones in the draft, so we need to work free agency. If Samuel gets his SB ring and perfect season, then he may leave for more money; however, it may build his connection to NE, and he may stay.

think dolphins are gonna load up on secondary in draft.

Not with the first pick they don't. After that, maybe. But that first pick is going to be someone like Dorsey or they'll trade down because they need so much help in so many places.

I am a Dolphins fan as well, despite the Chargers being my hometown team. The Dolphins should not target any position since they have needs pretty much everywhere except RB.

The 1st thing Parcells and company have to decide is if Beck is the QB of the future. I think they'll bring in a vet regardless, but if they don't think anything of Beck, they could take a youngster at QB if they fall in love with one of them.

Provided they don't fall in love with one of the young QB's, they should do anything and everything to trade out of the one hole with so many needs.
I know their secondary is weak, but their front 7 is starting to wear and this is where I think they should concentrate their efforts. DT's Dorsey and Patterson are studs, though I am always wary about high USC draft piks. They have 2 2nd rounders with the Chambers trade; I would like to see them wheel and deal and somehow obtain 5 or 6 piks in the first 2 rounds (they already have 3, including #1 overall, so it's not a stretch). Would like to see the majority of those piks used in the front 7, while fortifying the OL in the 3rd and 4th rounds. With the piks they don't use on the front 7 in the first two rounds...I would say a safety/cb and a tight end on offense.

This (my) team really stinks and they really can't go wrong just taking the best player available whenever their turn(s) come about.

think dolphins are gonna load up on secondary in draft.

Not with the first pick they don't. After that, maybe. But that first pick is going to be someone like Dorsey or they'll trade down because they need so much help in so many places.

i cant see a 3-4 scheme on d picking a DT with the #1 pick with as many needs as the Bill Parcell lead dolphins have. just doesnt make sense to me.

i think first they are gonna decide on a qb. then stockpile picks. so i have them trading the #1 pick and getting multiple picks. with all those picks i see them loading up on defensive backs. their secondary was beyond brutal last year.

then they need to pick the best available from there cuz they have many a hole.

i sound a lot like Horses in the last post. lol.

The 1st thing Parcells and company have to decide is if Beck is the QB of the future. I think they'll bring in a vet regardless, but if they don't think anything of Beck, they could take a youngster at QB if they fall in love with one of them.

Provided they don't fall in love with one of the young QB's, they should do anything and everything to trade out of the one hole with so many needs.
I know their secondary is weak, but their front 7 is starting to wear and this is where I think they should concentrate their efforts. DT's Dorsey and Patterson are studs, though I am always wary about high USC draft piks. They have 2 2nd rounders with the Chambers trade; I would like to see them wheel and deal and somehow obtain 5 or 6 piks in the first 2 rounds (they already have 3, including #1 overall, so it's not a stretch). Would like to see the majority of those piks used in the front 7, while fortifying the OL in the 3rd and 4th rounds. With the piks they don't use on the front 7 in the first two rounds...I would say a safety/cb and a tight end on offense.

This (my) team really stinks and they really can't go wrong just taking the best player available whenever their turn(s) come about.

I think you are right on horses because of the fact that miami needs help in so many different places, unless they can trade out of that #1 overall pick i think parcells goes for OL or DL, because his MO when he gets a new team is to build up the trenches first. I do not think he will pick a QB in the draft because there isn't a can't miss prospect available. Although, there is some good trench players with some big motors.

Pittsburgh - lineman, lineman and more lineman!

lol, i do not know how many times i have heard that over the past week when i got engaged into conversations in the south side this past weekend about steeler football. They do need them though and i do not think they could afford to keep fanaca because good interior OL are pulling a premium, steve hutchinson 6 million a year (two years ago) and Eric Steinbach 7 million a year (last year).

How funny would it be if pittsburgh franchise tagged Alan Faneca?:36_11_6:

Top Offensive Linemen:

Ruben Brown, UFA, Chicago Bears
Alan Faneca, UFA, Pittsburgh Steelers
Flozell Adams, UFA, Dallas Cowboys
Jordan Gross, UFA, Carolina
Ryan Lilja, UFA, Indianapolis
Max Starks, UFA, Pittsburgh
Floyd Womack, UFA, Seattle
Jake Scott, UFA, Indianapolis
Todd Steussie, UFA, St. Louis
Travelle Wharton, UFA, Carolina
Tier 2
OG PJ Alexander, UFA, Atlanta
OT Nat Dorsey, UFA, Cleveland
OT Trai Essex, RFA, PIttsburgh
OG Chris Kemoetau, RFA, Pittsburgh
OT Cory Lekkerkerker, RFA, San Diego
OT Sean Locklear, UFA, Seattle
OG Brian Rimpf,RFA, Baltimore
OG Keydrick Vincent, UFA, Baltimore
OG Fred Weary, UFA, Houston

Top Defensive Linemen

Jared Allen, UFA, Kansas City
Albert Haynesworth, UFA, Tennessee
Justin Smith, UFA, Cincinatti
Terrell Suggs, UFA, Baltimore
Mike Rucker, UFA, Carolina
Tom Kelly, uFa, Oakland
Corey Williams, UFA, Green Bay
Tier 2
Jordan Carstens, UFA, Carolina
Ebenezer Ekuban, UFA, Denver
Sam Rayburn, UFA, San Fransisco
Paul Spicer, UFA, Jacksonville
Randy Starks, UFA, Tennessee
Renaldo Wynn, UFA, Washington

*Players listed above have expiring contracts, most of these players will hit the market, but the list does not account for players that have been resigned or who are in current talks with their teams.

I am only posting this many because my paste feature does not work on my mozilla browser and i have to look back and type, my eyes get lazy VERY quick. I will post more later on.

Jared Allen will be in KC for sure next year, even if we have to franchise him.

Chiefs need to draft Jake Long, get another lineman in FA, and draft a WR and a corner.

and....FIRE HERM EDWARDS and his boring ass offense. At least he brought in Chan Gailey to run his boring ass offense..Whoo Hoo!

Frankie - unfortunately, you are right, Faneca will not be resigned which is going to be a big blow to an already shitty line. Ben's making 60-65% of his throws on the run already!!! Also, we need to address that shitty secondary!

On Detroit....i would draft a top corner first round a Tackle second round and more corners and linemen throughout the draft.....also we already fired martz ....get the linemen in the weight room and resign roy williams...:)

Detroit needs defense, too, though.

Now they say they're going to get rid of Shaun Rogers so you have to wonder what they're doing on defense because they're not stocked with talent on that side of the ball.

I think you are right on horses because of the fact that miami needs help in so many different places, unless they can trade out of that #1 overall pick i think parcells goes for OL or DL, because his MO when he gets a new team is to build up the trenches first. I do not think he will pick a QB in the draft because there isn't a can't miss prospect available. Although, there is some good trench players with some big motors.

I agree with that statement. I dont think they will go for a QB. Beck showed some promise but man, it's not all him. If you dont have an offensive line, I dont care if Brady is the QB, he will fail. I think they shore up the offensive line and give Beck the nod. :cheers:

The more this goes on the more I think the starting QB next year for the Dolphins is Trent Green with Beck sitting second chair until Green gets knocked out of football for the final time.

The more this goes on the more I think the starting QB next year for the Dolphins is Trent Green with Beck sitting second chair until Green gets knocked out of football for the final time.

when will that man learn that there is a fine line between mental disasters and he's flirting with it. I really think that he will never learn and eventually get knocked out of football and by 45 he will be stumbling around and need a full time nanny. NFL needs to step in and do something about all of these head injuries because no matter how exculpatory they make the waivers the players sign, the players won't stop playing because it is all they know and it is a huh rah attitude.

Detroit needs defense, too, though.

Now they say they're going to get rid of Shaun Rogers so you have to wonder what they're doing on defense because they're not stocked with talent on that side of the ball.

Joe i saw swomething about that today, espn said "lions have plans to release or trade shaun rodgers." I really do not know what that means or what he did to tarnish his goodwill within the organization because the man can produce. So i am unsure, anyone with information please share:tiphat:

Yeah, I read a few weeks ago that the Lions were willing to get rid of both Shaun Rogers and Roy Williams.

Now, the question is why? Are they just *sshole teammates, are they lazy, what's the deal because it's obviously not a talent issue.

Hell, if I were the Eagles I'd have to seriously think about finding a way to get both of them unless it would somehow destroy team chemistry or cost too much.

And, obviously, if it's only Rogers who's available, I'd be interested to see if he could work in Cleveland although we were supposed to have shored up the nose with the signing of that guy from Cincy last year.

He didn't really rise to the occasion.

And, obviously, if it's only Rogers who's available, I'd be interested to see if he could work in Cleveland although we were supposed to have shored up the nose with the signing of that guy from Cincy last year.

He didn't really rise to the occasion.

i am agreeing with you 110% because the line started playing better come year end. I am not sure if it was as much as cleveland'd d line playing better or other o-lines getting tired because the season took a toll on them.

I would really wonder what they must of done to force lions management to make such a rash decison because obviously they lions don't have talent to spare.

I would really wonder what they must of done to force lions management to make such a rash decison because obviously they lions don't have talent to spare.

That's what I'm thinking. Particularly with Roy Williams, although maybe that was just some rumor. But I don't remember hearing about him being an *sshole. In fact, I feel like I've heard good things about him.

Rogers, though, I know nothing about other than he's basically unstoppable in the middle when he wants to be.

As for the Browns, I have zero faith in that D-line and they shouldn't either unless they're smoking something that shouldn't be legal anywhere let alone just in the state of Ohio.

The Browns need D-line help, depth, talent, everything. And they could use a solid LB too even though they're much closer to respectable at that position than they are along the line.

If the browns could get a d-linemen in the draft as well in free agency i would be pretty happy because they need good depth in there. With good d-linemen in there i wonder if the linebackers would be more effective?

I know they have to save some money on the salary cap because it is going to cost some money to resign winslow and braylon.

Also, i am not a believer in resigning derrick anderson. I think they should let other teams bid on him because he is proven in the nfl and with cleveland's weak schedule last year, i think he made himself look better than what he really is. I think his goodwill has sky rocketed and why not take advantage of it. If he stays for next year then he will have a much tougher schedule and not look like the DA that we knew from this year.

Also, defensive coordinators did not really know how to play him to that was a contributing factor to his success as well.:cheers:

Back