VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
MLB Parlay for Today's Games at (+664) Features Success for Home Teams

Chicago White Sox vs. Cleveland Guardians
Friday, August 19, 2022 at 7:10 p.m. ET at Progressive Field in Cleveland

Who Starts for Chicago?

Lance Lynn starts for Chicago today.

Lynn is in a bad spot, more broadly construed, because he is coming off a win and because of where he's pitching today.

This season, he has yet to avoid a loss in the start following one in which he collected the win.

Moreover, so far, Chicago is 1-3 in games in which he starts on the road against a division rival.

That one win came against lowly Detroit.

Lynn in Cleveland

More specifically, Cleveland's Progressive Field has become a nightmare venue for Lynn since he became a member of the White Sox.

Last year, he allowed six earned runs in his one start in Cleveland.

This year, in Cleveland, he allowed eight earned runs in four innings.

Who Starts for Cleveland?

Triston McKenzie, Cleveland's third-most profitable pitcher, starts for the Guardians today.

Overall, McKenzie is yielding +5.4 units.

Pertinently to my favorite play for this game, he is yielding +4.4 units at home, where Cleveland is 6-2 in his starts.

McKenzie is in a great spot tonight because he is reliably superb after a loss.

In the start following five of his eight losses (not including his most recent start, of course), he's allowed one earned run or zero.

Victims in this spot have included the Astros and Yankees.

McKenzie vs. White Sox Batters

This year, McKenzie has been great against the White Sox, yielding two earned runs in two starts against them.

One should expect him to thrive against White Sox batters because he matches up well against them.

They rank 24thin slugging against his favorite pitches from righties.

McKenzie will receive extra support from the fact that his team has been at its best in series openers.

In the second half of the season, Cleveland is 6-2 in the first game of a new series.

Texas Rangers vs. Minnesota Twins
Friday, August 19, 2022 at 8:10 p.m. ET at Target Field in Minnesota

Who Starts for Texas?

Martin Perez starts for Texas today.

When Perez got to face Minnesota in Texas, he allowed six earned runs and two home runs.

His outlook looks more negative today because of his awful history in Minnesota.

In the Twins' venue, he suffers a career 5.45 ERA in 19 starts.

Perez vs. Twin Batters

Several active Twin batters boast an excellent track record against Perez.

To give examples, look out for Carlos Correa, Gio Urshela, and Byron Buxton.

In 10 at-bats or more, all three players hit well over .300 and slug .600 or much higher in their respective careers against Perez.

Who Starts for Minnesota?

Dylan Bundy starts for Minnesota today.

Bundy owes his high ERA to a couple of rough stretches earlier in the season.

But he is steadily improving his form.

Bundy vs. Ranger Batters

Mostly, Bundy throws a fastball, slider, and changeup.

These three pitches make up about 85 percent of his arsenal.

He merits optimism tonight because Texas ranks 26thin slugging against his favorite pitches from righties.

San Francisco Giants vs. Colorado Rockies
Friday, August 19, 2022 at 8:40 p.m. ET at Coors Field in Denver

Who Starts for San Francisco?

Alex Wood starts for San Francisco tonight.

Wood is pitching in what is a nightmare venue for him.

He suffers an 8.26 ERA in 10 career starts in Colorado.

Wood vs. Rockie Batters

This year's Rockie squad is well-equipped to score a lot off Wood because he is left-handed and Colorado is at its best against lefty pitching.

Whereas the Rockies slug .387 against righties, they slug .436 against lefties.

More specifically, they rank 10thin slugging against Wood's favorite pitches from lefties.

Who Starts for Colorado?

Colorado starts Jose Urena tonight.

He tends to throw a sinker, slider, or changeup.

These three pitches make up just over 90 percent of his arsenal.

Urena matches up well against a Giant squad that ranks below-average in slugging against his favorite pitches from righties.

Best Bet: Parlay Guardians ML at -132, Twins ML at -138, Rockies ML at +152 at +664 odds with BetOnline

I’m not sure I’m willing to put much meaning into Lynn having yet to win b2b starts, he really just settling back in after missing most the year. I do buy into fact tribe a tough matchup for him as they don’t strike out a lot, when you make contact vs Lynn good things can happen!!

I’d argue Perez a different pitcher now than the guy with a over 5 era in 19 starts at minny. But again I agree more with twins being a tough matchup for him/. I wouldn’t be against you in any these 3 games. Gl

I’m not sure I’m willing to put much meaning into Lynn having yet to win b2b starts, he really just settling back in after missing most the year. I do buy into fact tribe a tough matchup for him as they don’t strike out a lot, when you make contact vs Lynn good things can happen!!

I’d argue Perez a different pitcher now than the guy with a over 5 era in 19 starts at minny. But again I agree more with twins being a tough matchup for him/. I wouldn’t be against you in any these 3 games. Gl
Exactly.

Good analysis amigo. Thanks for putting it in the correct thread :)

Back