White Sox deal Buehrle to the Red Sox

I like Bhurle, but this team is a mess right now. I'm not really sure trading arms is the way to go since they seem to be the only thing working for the Sox, but I get what he's doing.

This team needs offense, and to be swept by the Cubs, well, ugh.

Go Sox.

According to the Chicago Tribune, the Red Sox are so interested in landing Mark Buehrle and keeping him away from the Yankees, Boston is willing to offer him a contract extension in the five-year range.
At least, that's what the White Sox seem to want teams to believe. The Red Sox have a farm system loaded with players in whom the White Sox are interested. Clay Buchholz, Michael Bowden, Jacoby Ellsbury and Jed Lowrie are some players Chicago has expressed interest in. Buehrle is at least as likely to go to the NL as he is to go to an AL contender.

According to the Chicago Tribune, the Red Sox are so interested in landing Mark Buehrle and keeping him away from the Yankees, Boston is willing to offer him a contract extension in the five-year range.

:36_11_6:

I guess thats what we get (Yankee Fans)

I love this game of keep-away the Red Sox play with the Yankees.

Baseball's just so funny to me.

Yup... The Yanks did it with A-Rod, and the BoSox did it with Dice-K. Gotta love it. Although the Yankees need the people right now. They are on another down slope. :down:

They are on another down slope.

I feel for you, Sparky, I don't really believe in baseball so it doesn't get under my skin like say, the Eagles do. But "down slope" is a relative term, particularly when you look at what the f**king White Sox have done recently.

I'm pretty sure colonoscopies are less invasive than what they're doing to the fans on the South Side right about now.

chisox have the worst offense in the majors. followed by houston. how the fuck did these teams make it to the ws in 05'

if only we had this starting pitching last year ...

Local paper says:

"A White Sox offical, speaking on the condition of anonymity because the deals are still in the discussion stages, said it was "anybody's game."...."The Mets, Braves, and Red Sox have expressed serious interest in Buehrle, though as of last night no team had formally requested a 72-hour windown to negotiate a contract extention with him"

Article also goes on to say the Mets are interested in Contreras.

how the fuck did these teams make it to the ws in 05'

Timely hitting and great pitching. Last year they got neither. Now their pitching seems all right, but they can't hit for s**t.

Oh, and let's not forget, they lost only one game that entire playoffs.

Back