Which team will be way better or worse than expected

bogeynotbirdie

Better: Tulsa. A couple of down years for PM, but it looks like he's going to return to more of a passing game after being far more run heavy the last couple seasons, and I think they'll have the right QB running the offense (assume it will be the ex-Baylor kid). We've seen that Tulsa has quite a bit of PR upside from the '16 season. Not saying they'll get back to that, but should move solidly in that direction.

Worse: Georgia Tech. I've seen most drop GT about 7-10 points in PR's from last year. I don't think that's enough. This is one of the biggest reboots you'll ever see. There should be far more plays than typical GT games and I can see games getting way out of hand for them, especially against the big boys.

Go over the schedule for Rice. Someone tell me how they are getting to 3 wins. Quite possibly the worst team in all of CFB. Not impossible for them to be 0-11 or 1-10 heading into their season finale with UTEP in potentially the worst college football matchup in history.

You have to eat some juice but I think there's a lot of value in them under 2.5

Tulsa is one of my sleepers this year. They had a good defense last year and it's going to be even better this year. If they had had even an average QB last year they would have pulled off some upsets, but had to play a freshman. Agree with bogienotbirdie the Baylor transfer should win the starting job.

Go over the schedule for Rice. Someone tell me how they are getting to 3 wins. Quite possibly the worst team in all of CFB. Not impossible for them to be 0-11 or 1-10 heading into their season finale with UTEP in potentially the worst college football matchup in history.

Well, @RetroVK will be there, no doubt.

I'm surprised to see the Tulsa total at 0v 4.5 +100. I like it. I'm surprised it wasn't 5 or 5.5. My only issue is I see the league being really competitive with alot of equal type teams which makes it hard to discount certain teams and count auto wins. Say they go 2-2 out of Sept with wins at SJSU and home vs Wyoming. Then I get confused projecting what might happen. When that happens I usually figure for splits. Split at SMU and home vs Navy. 3-3 Split the next 4 games at Cin, v Mem, at Tul, v UCF. That brings them to 5-5 with 2 games left...Maybe they beat both SMU and Navy, but then go 1-3 vs their tough 4 game stretch. Still 5-5 Maybe best case they beat both SMU and Navy and best case go 2-2 vs their tough 4 game stretch. 6-4, that would have to be best case and probably hard to count on. Or worst case, split SMU and Navy and go 1-3 vs their 4 toughest games. 4-6. If that is worst case then they still have two games left v UH and at ECU to get the 5th win.

I'm playing Rice on the moneyline against Army

Wish me luck.

Back