Which side are YOU on? Boise State, or Fresno State?...

Aztec4Life

Montezuma Mesa Survivor
Leaning heavily to the Bulldogs myself. Anybody have an update on the status of Ian Johnson?

:cheers:

I dont know why, but I feel like Boise's gonna roll here... no play for me unless I start to get bored tonight before the game starts.

I am 90% sure I read Johnson is out with bruised lungs or bruised kidneys, too much pot so i dun remember.

I lean Fresno

originally from boise, follow boise state religiously, a boise state fan (not meant to discredit everything i put here, but I thought you should know).

a couple thoughts on this game.

1. BOISE STATE OFFENSE. Boise State will not have a problem scoring, Ian Johnson or not. They're offensive line is very big for the WAC. Last week, back up Avery Johnson racked up 189 total yards and 2 touchdowns against a decent defensive team (averaging 6.4 yp carry, 13.0 yards per catch). Taylor Tharp has looked good since the Washington game.

2. BOISE STATE DEFENSE. Boise State's run defense looks awful. Everyone saw that game against Nevada and how their QB ran all over them. The good news here is that Brandstater (Fresno QB) is a pocket passer. Fresno State does have a couple of very good RB's that should have a good game against Boise State.

3. BOISE STATE INTANGIBLES. I know this may sound like a croc o' shit, but you have to take in the ESPN factor. Boise State is 23-4 on espn/espn2, have won 7 in a row, and are 5-1 against Fresno State on ESPN.

What I like about taking Boise State in this game is the one thing I don't see is a Fresno State blowout. I could honestly see a comfortable Boise State win. I could also see a very close knock em out squeaker like the line indicates. My prediction: this game will be close to tied after 3 quarters, a turnover or big defensive stop in the 4th will carry a team to the win....Boise State doesn't have a history of making those mistakes. I'd play Boise State -3 for a small play.

lmao. every time i hear the name avery I think avery johnson. it's jeremy avery at rb. I have officially derailed.

originally from boise, follow boise state religiously, a boise state fan (not meant to discredit everything i put here, but I thought you should know).

a couple thoughts on this game.

1. BOISE STATE OFFENSE. Boise State will not have a problem scoring, Ian Johnson or not. They're offensive line is very big for the WAC. Last week, back up Avery Johnson racked up 189 total yards and 2 touchdowns against a decent defensive team (averaging 6.4 yp carry, 13.0 yards per catch). Taylor Tharp has looked good since the Washington game.

2. BOISE STATE DEFENSE. Boise State's run defense looks awful. Everyone saw that game against Nevada and how their QB ran all over them. The good news here is that Brandstater (Fresno QB) is a pocket passer. Fresno State does have a couple of very good RB's that should have a good game against Boise State.

3. BOISE STATE INTANGIBLES. I know this may sound like a croc o' shit, but you have to take in the ESPN factor. Boise State is 23-4 on espn/espn2, have won 7 in a row, and are 5-1 against Fresno State on ESPN.

What I like about taking Boise State in this game is the one thing I don't see is a Fresno State blowout. I could honestly see a comfortable Boise State win. I could also see a very close knock em out squeaker like the line indicates. My prediction: this game will be close to tied after 3 quarters, a turnover or big defensive stop in the 4th will carry a team to the win....Boise State doesn't have a history of making those mistakes. I'd play Boise State -3 for a small play.
Im leaning towards Boise myself but the great number on ESPN and especially vs Fresno on ESPN were games mostly played in Boise............Boise doesnt normally play on ESPN as a road warrior.

Damn I. Johnson is not playing, which means that ESPN would not be showing his "hot" wife.

Was looking forward to it...

Sarcastic, to potentially set your mind at ease, BSU is 2-1 at Fresno State on ESPN, 3-0 at home. This should be a great game either way, anybody that is laying a bunch of units on it definitely knows something I don't.

I'm no expert when it comes to capping but it seems like this week, at least so far, publics are doing a number on the books starting with Indy on Monday, BC last night. As for tonight, roughly 65%+ are on Boise yet the lines aren't moving so it's a tough call for me because I generally go against the public but I cannot put my money on Fresno.

What to do???

I am on Fresno here.....I can see Fresno laying it to Boise or a tight one, but don't see a Boise "run away and hide" game.

Other than the blowout against NM State and what appears to be a much less than expected S. Miss team (that was banged up at the time), Boise hasn't looked especially great......I think Fresno compares very well to Washington and Boise took it on the chin from the UW earlier in the year.

One thing Boise does have going for them is Tharp has really shown improvement as the year has progressed....if Boise's defense can get off the field early and give their offense some cracks, it could be a problem....if the power running game of Fresno churns out some time killing drives and boises offense stays on the sideline, Fresno could run away....

In any event, I agree with BRC...not a game for a bunch of units unless someone knows something.....

Back