Which pitcher would you target?

Motorboatin SOBs

I am in need of pitching and have another team that wants an outfielder in return for a starter. My OF's (start 3) are Ordonez, Quentin, Church, Damon and Sheffield (DL). I lead the league in HR's, RBI's, and am 2nd in BA. I need Damon's steals, so I'd rather not offer him up. I am near the bottom in Wins, ERA, WHIP & K's. His available starters are Bedard, Sheets, Billingsley and Ervin Santana.

He initially offered Sheets for Ordonez, but I don't trust Sheets' injury history enough to give up a guy like Mags. I was thinking of trying to spin off Church now that he's healthy for Billingsley, who has been on a sick run. Thoughts?

What are your thoughts on Sheets? Obviously the big thing with him is health, b/c he's a stud when healthy. I'd almost favor Billingsley over Sheets though b/c of the injury risk.....

What are your thoughts on Sheets? Obviously the big thing with him is health, b/c he's a stud when healthy. I'd almost favor Billingsley over Sheets though b/c of the injury risk.....

I'm going to jinx things but I don't feel Sheets gets injured this year. Contract year...

I need SP help as well.

My pitchers:

James Shields
Tim Hudson
Max Scherzer
Jorge Campillo
Jesse Litch
Takashi Saito
Carlos Marmol
BJ Ryan
JJ Putz
Dice K (DL)
Chris Young (DL)

I would like to trade some OF/RP for a good SP

My Outfielders:

Carlos Quentin
Jay Bruce
Hunter Pence
Cory Hart
Bobby Abreu
Delmon Young
Matt Holliday (DL)

Who do you think I should package? I can only play 4 of my OF and when Holliday comes back, he is most def getting a spot. I have Bruce starting w/ Pence, Quentin, and Hart. I would like to ship Abreu but will deal otherwise

Bruce can have a Braun-like impact, but I'd throw out some feeler offers for some elite starters....If someone bites, so be it....If not, I'd look to deal Abreu or Quentin.

i'm pretty sure you're going to regret that trade for the rest of the season.

I wouldn't have parted with Bruce for anything less than a top 10 player and I sure as hell wouldn't have packaged him with anyone else.

you should have been able to pull that trade off SU.

shit,

i didn't even think about Saito's numbers but you really fucked up six ways to sunday etg. you gave up the hottest player in the game right now and a top 50 player for a pitcher who will only play 1 game a week.

if you can still cancel the trade do it. otherwise the other person just made the steal of the year, at your expense.

I strongly disagree with all of you.

I will defend this trade, which was made, based on the hope that Sheets does not go back on the DL, yes a risk.

I had 6 players to play 4 spots, Is Bruce going to be that much better than Holliday, Pence, Hart, Quentin, or Abreu? No, not much at all. He prob finishes hitting around .300 - .305. w/ 18hr, 15sb

With Saito you have a closer who is 38 years old and will not duplicate his 2007 season, 1.4era w/ 38 saves. Saito gave up 10er in 65ip last year, he has already given up 6 in 25ip. His walks are up and batters are hitting nearly 60 more points against him.

So i packaged 2 players that I feel I can replace, Saito has a whopping 8 saves in 25ip this year, and I go out and get a stud starting pitcher who helps bolster my pitching by a lot.

Well my trade was never accepted, so I'm back trying to pick a pitcher to go after.....If you have a second, rank these guys for the rest of the year and tell me who you'd be comfortable offering Magglio straight up for:

Sheets, Lackey, Kazmir, Webb, Halladay, Peavy

Wins, K's, ERA & WHIP are all areas of need. Webb would be the clear favorite, but I'm afraid he might be too expensive. Peavy might be a decent buy low as he returns from injury but the Pads are so bad, that his win potential might be lower than the others.....

ETG, i don't think we're saying it can't be a winner, but based on value across the fantasy world, you could have gotten a lot more for that combo.

Wish I would have pulled the trigger on Sheets for Mags now that Mags is on the DL....I've got this trade on the table that I'm considering:

I give Adrian Gonzalez and Kershaw for Lackey and Thome....

Thome is starting to heat up, and has tons of protection in that lineup that I think he's in for a big 2h....his post AS break #'s last year were sick.

Thoughts?

the way lackey has been dealin, he looks like the best pitcher in the majors.
and it would be shocking if gonzo's production doesn't drop off.

kershaw will be a stud, but he's not there yet. he basically has just two pitches.

i dunno what your team looks like, but it would be hard for me to see how/why you wouldn't accept that trade.

Here's my team....my offense is loaded....pitching, not so much.....

C Mccann
1b Lee
2b Phillips
SS Reyes
3b Reynolds
OF Quentin
OF Kemp
OF Guillen
Util Gonzalez
BN Ordonez
BN Huff
BN Zimmerman

SP Verlander
SP Duchsherer
RP Wood
RP Gregg
P Franklin
P Lilly
P Slowey
P McGowan
BN Kershaw
BN Pedro (about to drop)
DL Chris Young

I lead the league in HR & RBI, 2nd in SB's and BA, and 3rd in Runs....can gain a ton of pts in all the pitching categories....

Back