What's with ESPN & the Dodgers?

Joe Public

Gabibbo's Finest
How badly does ESPN want this team to be good, they've been on like three times in less than a week.

Ugh.

im still cracking up laughing from joe morgans comment:

"loney definitely has a couple of hitting titles ahead in his future"

:36_11_6:

i know, deep down inside, joe bleeds dodger blue

Who, Torre?

Maybe. I just think, for the present, L.A. is where the NL goes to die. There's just not much there. I feel like they'll muddle through to .500 and absolutely nobody in L.A. will care outside of their mexican fan base, meaning, that part of L.A. that cares more about baseball than they do about being on the Lakers' bandwagon.

i gotta admit. beltran looks good in HD

reallyhappy.gif

4-1 mets babyy

are the majority of the dodgers fanbase really hispanic?

i learn something new on here everyday.

i gotta disagree on the .500 though joe, its still early and theyve been battling a ton of injuries. furcal and nomar will return soon for run support, and defense in andrew jones (Who i personally loathe because he cant hit for shit but the man covers a hell of a lot of ground and is a gold glover)

They have the SP to do it if lowe can become more consistent, and they need to get that middle relief sorted out.
proctor and broxton have been absolute gas cans.

and then lights out saito to close.

anyways, we'll check back around the AS break but I think this team has good things ahead of them shortly once they get a bit healtheir

(as i typed this, it got even better)
reallyhappy.gif

6-1 mets.

i know, deep down inside, joe bleeds dodger blue

Who, Torre?

Maybe. I just think, for the present, L.A. is where the NL goes to die. There's just not much there. I feel like they'll muddle through to .500 and absolutely nobody in L.A. will care outside of their mexican fan base, meaning, that part of L.A. that cares more about baseball than they do about being on the Lakers' bandwagon.

i do agree that most bandwagon fans are of latin descent...i was wondering why that was?

Yeah, I'm rooting for the Mets, I want Willie Randolph to keep his job.

Unlikely.

Made another idiot decision the other day bringing in heilman, "HELLMAN" (what mets fans call him), in a one run game in the first game of this series in the 8th.
we only needed 3 outs then it was wagner time.

there was a lot of better options available then resorting to bringing in hellman. and it blew up in slick willies face.

to sum it up, it got ugly.
with a man on first as feliciano gave a leadoff single before he was pulled,

hellman faced 4 batters, 4 hits (one double), 4 ER,

mets fans were pissed. as were us mets backers.

are the majority of the dodgers fanbase really hispanic?

I don't know if I would say the majority, but I would say a lot of the diehards are.

:shake:hellman is the official gas can of the New York Mets.:shake:

anyways, good start for us Mets backers.

i can dig it

:popcorn:

all im saying joe is give them dodgers some time

:popcorn:

let torre play around and make some moves in the pen..... and jones and furcal to get healthy and come back in the lineup.
(nomar a little longer)

whats also really hurting them is brad penny pitching like complete shit.
his control been awful, and hes been getting himself into alot of jams giving up all those walks.
tough for your confidence when your ace is pitching like shit...but you can expect he will turn it around, just needs a big outing or two to get the ball rollin again

furcal will help a lot though. look at tonights game were watchin for example....
who the hell is luis maza? do you know who he is? l i sure as hell dont.

I'm actually a White Sox fan (though I pretty much, sadly, feel baseball is fixed so I don't put much time into it) so whether or not Torre can fix the Dodgers doesn't really much matter to me.

In my world the Dodgers exist for one or two day games a year during the summer, but only if they come with cold beer, grilled Dodger dogs (yes, it's important you get the grilled ones), and occasionally some of those garlic fries.

That's the Dodgers role in my life--except on the off chance they get to the World Series vs. the White Sox. Then their role is to lose. To try hard, but lose, at least four games. Maybe five, just to be safe.

And Willie seems like a good guy, so I want to see him do well--and if that means that helps the Phillies, that's fine with me too because that means a happy Smokedawg and a happy Believe. And, frankly, anything that keeps Believe out of the medicine closet (short of the Flyers winning the Cup) is a positive thing.

Back