What We Learned Week 6

bee172

Pretty much a regular
Dogs loud af...

Texans and Saints covered, rest is dogs.

Browns suck. Unbettable.

Steelers OL came to play. Ground and pound like a mother F today @KC.

Raiders (my squad), smh, falls short due to missed XP, beast mode still MIA, our OL still lacking chemistry & looks hypebeast + overpaid. Amari who?

Packers, discount double check done dizzle possibly, "my name is Brett [Not Farve]"... it's going to be interesting for the NFC moving forward.

Giants, snf dog special, Eli still sucks and they should tank for a top qb in next year draft.

Cardinals, rebirth of AP? I don't know but he ran wild today though, made Bucs D look sorry af.

More later maybe.

Did Nantz ask Romo if he would come back this season, if not that's a huge fail by Jim..

Be interesting to see what Packers do, you can't just throw away the season.

I saw someone tweet with next weeks lines Rodgers is worth 11-12 on point spread , wow if true

I learned my Raiders aren't going to make the playoffs. Sucks cause with the nice 2-0 start, it was looking good. The team can't get it together. When the offense is going, the defense sucks. When the defense gets it together like today, the offense can't get going.

I also was reminded any team can win on any given Sunday. Miami and NYG proved that today. As well as a few other dogs. Today was a dog day. 10-2 for the dogs. 11-2 if you count the Eagles on Thursday. With some huge outright winners.

And what a difference the QB makes. Houston the last few years, and game 1 of this year couldn't score if their life depended on it. In comes Deshaun Watson and the guy is playing unbelievable.

Dogs 53-32-3 ATS so far this season.

Over 62%, 6 weeks in.

That's impressive right there.

Last time it happened was 2012 when the dogs were 64% at this point.

Season always finishes around 50%, give or take around 3% either side.

So reversion is around the corner.

I learned my Raiders aren't going to make the playoffs. Sucks cause with the nice 2-0 start, it was looking good. The team can't get it together. When the offense is going, the defense sucks. When the defense gets it together like today, the offense can't get going.

I also was reminded any team can win on any given Sunday. Miami and NYG proved that today. As well as a few other dogs. Today was a dog day. 10-2 for the dogs. 11-2 if you count the Eagles on Thursday. With some huge outright winners.

And what a difference the QB makes. Houston the last few years, and game 1 of this year couldn't score if their life depended on it. In comes Deshaun Watson and the guy is playing unbelievable.

It was a good start, terrible knowing that beast mode getting hyphy in Oakland Week 2 was the highlight of our season.

Did Nantz ask Romo if he would come back this season, if not that's a huge fail by Jim..

Be interesting to see what Packers do, you can't just throw away the season.

I saw someone tweet with next weeks lines Rodgers is worth 11-12 on point spread , wow if true
Pack would have opened as 6.5 favorite next week. Instead they are 3 - 3.5 point dogs.

Makes my boycott easier.

I'm really fucking pissed at the state of the Oakland Raiders. I'm trying to figure out WTF went wrong so far this season, especially with the offense. We got the weapons. Carr, Amari, Crabtree, and Jared Cook on the receiving end. Through the ground we picked up Lynch and Jalen Richard is a good change of pace back. Cordarelle Patterson can also run, receive, and return kicks for us and is pretty explosive. And we have (or had) one of the most dominant offensive lines in the league.

So what went wrong? We got rid of offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave. After going 12-4 and an injury to Carr from maybe getting HFA throughout they get rid of him. Why? To pick up a young 37 year old Todd Downing. That's just stupid. "If it's not broke, don't fix it."

Lynch yesterday had 10 carries and 50 something yards at the half averaging a healthy 5+ yards a carry to the sorry ass Chargers defense. Than after HT, he gets 3 carries. WTF. You weren't down two scores. You were up. Downing should have kept pounding Lynch IMO.

I'm trying to figure it out but they probably should have kept Downing the quarterbacks coach.

Have we not learned yet that the league sucks and that there is nothing even close to a great team.

Packers are done. Rodgers was completely carrying that franchise and without him they are a below average team.

Patriots are flat out not a good team. I would throw for at least 250 on that defense. The free agent spending spree almost never works and was the thing they avoided for years.

Chiefs are still a solid team but they showed once again yesterday why they are not to be trusted in a big spot. They will probably end up 12-4 and lose their first playoff game.

What a weekend for the underdogs with both Miami and the Giants winning outright. Survivor pools were completely decimated yesterday.

For years we begged for pairity, now we seemingly have it and no one is happy. Could it be the quality still exists however the parity is up? I for one enjoy having wide open divisions and 2 super bowl contenders who will surely have a great story to tell as no one is legit right now contending.

What a weird, weird week.

If anyone knows the last time TWO double digit home favorites lost SU on the same weekend that info would be appreciated.

The Falcons have to be in their own head at this point with blown leads.

I have no conceivable explanation for the Giants-Broncos result other than magic or a fix. Eli completed 2 balls to his WRs and won.

The Bears and Trubisky also completed 2 passes to WRs and won. Flacco spread his completions around to nine different targets on his way to a 48.8 QB rating. You would think spreading the ball around would signal some competence in reading defenses, making good throws, and essentially taking what you're given. It does not appear to be a valid theory.

Not to be outdone, Kevin Hogan had ten different players catch balls on the way to a 38 QB rating. He was not pulled. Deshone Kizer was pulled last week with a 38 QB rating. He was pulled vs. Cincy with a 43 rating. He finished the game vs Indy with a 50 rating. Perhaps Hue should go back to Kizer and let him take his lumps.

Browns have been outscored in the first half 111-31 this year. So an average they are trailing at the half by 2 TDs. Through 3 quarters they've been outscored 144-44. Average deficit at 3 quarters = 17 points. 4th quarter the Browns have outscored opponents 50-13.

Yeah, doesn't help my man Crowell much. Crowell total PPR points by quarter: 8.9, 10.9, 10.0, 11.6

Duke Johnson on the other hand: 13.4, 22.4, 13.7, 33.1

They say you have to stick with the run game for it to pay dividends.

Jordan Howard 1st Q Stats this year: 32 carries for 92 yards. OT Stats this year: 8 carries for 102 yards.

Eric Weddle tried to arm tackle the football out of Howard's left arm, Howard shrugged him off a rumbled 50 yards to help set up the GW FG.

Also,

I learned I am going to study the official rule book tomorrow night as homework as to not draw the ire of one KJ... ;)

Section 21, Article 3, Item 4.

No you're not, be curious though

How with all the bells and whistles isn't there an overhead camera on the ball at all times?

No you're not, be curious though

How with all the bells and whistles isn't there an overhead camera on the ball at all times?

Yes, I have wondered that so many times.

And, I did already download the PDF file and looked at that section. I also had to look at the 'process of making a catch' to relive some nightmares.

Don't get drunk because you take all favorites thinking its a lock. Lesson that I have a hard time learning

What a weird, weird week.

If anyone knows the last time TWO double digit home favorites lost SU on the same weekend that info would be appreciated.

I have no conceivable explanation for the Giants-Broncos result other than magic or a fix. Eli completed 2 balls to his WRs and won.

Week 10 of the 2015/16 season, Packers -10.5 lost to the Lions (16-18) and the Bungles -10 lost to the Texans on MNF (6-10).

But never have two -13+ faves lost in the same weekend like what we witnessed on Sunday.

And I do believe the Giants win last night was a league 'special'. They were so up against it, it's just insane.

Peyton (who was in the building) conjured some messed up shit to help his little goober brother.

The night is dark and full of terrors.

Interesting battle coming up in Week 7 based on TOP stats, Eagles (#1 in TOP) vs Skins (#5).

The Raiders are averaging 54 offensive snaps per game this season. The next lowest is Miami with 60. League average is 63-64. One would expect this to reflect an abysmal 3rd down rate but incredibly they are only slightly below average.

For years we begged for pairity, now we seemingly have it and no one is happy. Could it be the quality still exists however the parity is up? I for one enjoy having wide open divisions and 2 super bowl contenders who will surely have a great story to tell as no one is legit right now contending.

I feel like the quality definitely doesn't exist, though. And I think it enhances enjoyability when there is at least that one dominant team. Like in college you have Bama in ncaab you had Gonzaga.

Back