What sites are you using for boxscores this year?

Br@ssknux

Pretty much a regular
I used to use Yahoo back in the day but they changed the format. ESPN is now an abomination. Just wondering what you guys use.

Glad you brought this up....ESPN does suck now, especially trying to track in-game scores. Used to be you could see 12-15 games per page (basics - score, quarter, time remaining, who's in possession). They changed the whole format and there doesn't appear to be any way to get just the basics.

Good thread.

I was going nuts last night trying to look at boxes.

Yahoo went wayward few years back and now ESPN.

Thanks Dwight. That'll do but I wish I could get something that had the team and individual stats on the same page. They all used to be like that. Everyone is making this way more complicated than it needs to be.

They are out to get us.

K.I.S.S.

Trying to make espn app friendly just destroyed their presentation. It sucks so bad now.

I look at it too but, specifically, how do you use it on Sunday to review all of the games from the prior weekend?

I dont know know when it comes out, I usually don't get to it until Monday or Tuesday. The data gets better as the year goes on. It's not perfect, but I like how it eliminates the noise that can distract when analyzing box scores. But I look at:

The Fremeau Efficiency Index (FEI) considers each of the nearly 20,000 possessions every season in major college football. All drives are filtered to eliminate first-half clock-kills and end-of-game garbage drives and scores. A scoring rate analysis of the remaining possessions then determines the baseline possession efficiency expectations against which each team is measured. A team is rewarded for playing well against good teams, win or lose, and is punished more severely for playing poorly against bad teams than it is rewarded for playing well against bad teams.
The S&P+ Ratings are a college football ratings system derived from both play-by-play and drive data from all 800+ of a season's FBS college football games (and 140,000+ plays).
The components for S&P+ reflect the components of four of what Bill Connelly has deemed the Five Factors of college football: efficiency), explosiveness, field position, and finishing drives. (A fifth factor, turnovers, is informed marginally by sack rates, the only quality-based statistic that has a consistent relationship with turnover margins.)

not su
re when the field position stats come out but I focus on lot of attention on what teams have successful drives and the level of competition it is against.

Honestly, score mobile is decent at stats. It gives me quick little box score with team stats and individual stats

Glad someone posted this thread.

It used to be easy to find box scores, but I rarely find them anymore.

I'll try the ones above, but if anyone has a good site not mentioned, please post.

bump for those of us who are digging into the boxes as we speak.

Even Don Best's box scores suck now. Sports Options isn't bad, and i think you can get into them without a subscription. Just click the box score link for the game you care about, and they're in rotation order.

http://scores.sportsoptions.com/scores/2015-09-05/all.html

This works great in my opinion. Just a simple box score with team, individual stats and scoring plays on the same page.

Amazing that we have to search high and low for a competent box score. This shouldn't be so hard. Thanks Rex.

is that app officially called "theScore, Inc.' With the blue background, white S and yellow underline? I'd like to have a score app on my phone as well. Just got a new smartphone in August and still trying to figure out how to best use it (other than spotify, whatsapp I don't hardly use it for much other than phone calls).

is that app officially called "theScore, Inc.' With the blue background, white S and yellow underline? I'd like to have a score app on my phone as well. Just got a new smartphone in August and still trying to figure out how to best use it (other than spotify, whatsapp I don't hardly use it for much other than phone calls).

thats it

Thescore for NCAAF/NFL
Yahoo sports for MLB
Flashscore for Soccer

I like looking at drive data or play-by-play and with drive summaries.

The fox box scores have that.

You can also see play-by-play data listed on the CBS site when you launch the game tracker:
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/scoreboard

I'll use the Fox and CBS sites for a bit and see how it works out. I too used to rely heavily on ESPN, but will likely never go their site again now.

Don't know if this is listed above, but a friend just sent me this and it has everything I want.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/

Click on "box scores' about half way down. The first page that comes up is next week's game, but just click on "previous week" and then click on "final" on the game you want and all the stats and scoring summaries come up.

It even has individual defensive stats and special team stats.

Believe it or not, to keep track of what was going on and prepare for halftime bets, I found myself using NCAA.com last weekend. Also, the ESPN Gamecast is still okay.

I can't believe what Yahoo did to trash its own product.

yeah, i used yahoo for about a decade until the debacle redesign last fall. what a nightmare. it was the point where i was going to the home team school's website to try to get ready for halves on the games i wasn't watching

Believe it or not, to keep track of what was going on and prepare for halftime bets, I found myself using NCAA.com last weekend. Also, the ESPN Gamecast is still okay.

I can't believe what Yahoo did to trash its own product.

Thanks for the info on NCAA.com. Will give it a shot.

Don't know if this is listed above, but a friend just sent me this and it has everything I want.

Click on "box scores' about half way down. The first page that comes up is next week's game, but just click on "previous week" and then click on "final" on the game you want and all the stats and scoring summaries come up.

Thank you...exactly what I was looking for

We have a winner.

Now, if they just had a drive chart ;)

Back