What!!!! No Posts On Yankees Signing Andy Pettite!?!?!

This is really nice, esp. if Clemens comes on board. Now the entire pitching staff can get the senior discount at Denny's.

back where he belongs

and i'm very happy about that. andy shoulda spent his entire career as a Yankee.

spark...i wouldn't rush into that just yet. but don't mind fondy. he's jsut permanently bent, because he's got a team that shoulda been contracted a few years ago. very sad.

bass...good one.

I'm just waiting for the press release that the Yankees have signed Sandy Koufax to a 4 year 80 million dollar deal.

hey, now...

the yanks aren't doing this. everyne else is raising the salaries again.

it's like when some people blame the yanks for arod. remember, tx did that shit deal...and still pays 10M a year for it.

I'm not making fun of the Yankees for paying what they are, I"m making fun of them of who they're signing at what they are.

Pettitte should be a good signing but hey, you never know with the Yanks, champs or not it's way early to say.

Pettitte is a nice addition ....he has upside if he stays healthy see 2005 although it was the NL.....he has downside his balky elbow ...desire to play..??

from a value standpoint I hate the deal but is he is basically in teh same category as Mussina and he got about 11 million for 2 years and about 4 years older..

Baseball is out of control with money ....at least we got a quality player and Andy will sell enouh TShirts to make up for it...other organizations giving 10 million to less quality , less bankable players will feel the sting more......Rather over pay for 1 season then five....

Back