What is this Acela Theory and...............

• Thread starter Thread starter ontime23
  • Start date Start date
O

ontime23

Will it be in effect tommorrow morning in the boston game???

I know a little about it, but I think the more I know the better. Also, Boston looked horrible against the wolves and i like the Spurs?////

count me as skeptical

i mean for this year at least...it stands to reason that most teams would beat the knicks and lose to the celtics, right? I dont think its because the celtics were trying any harder to avenge the knicks honor or whatever the fuck theyre supposed to be doing...

Is Boston still a good play, somebody tell me, Ive never watched a complete b-ball game in my life.

Will it be in effect tommorrow morning in the boston game???

I know a little about it, but I think the more I know the better. Also, Boston looked horrible against the wolves and i like the Spurs?////

The theory (trend) does NOT qualify for today's game. Being that the Spurs didn't cover vs. the Knicks makes it irrelevant. The theory states that no team has covered B2B games (ATS) in 23 straight tries now.

The theory (trend) does NOT qualify for today's game. Being that the Spurs didn't cover vs. the Knicks makes it irrelevant. The theory states that no team has covered B2B games (ATS) in 23 straight tries now.

my thoughts exactly:cheers:

not saying to base play solely on this angle but it is a fun fact

cap the game like every other game....

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]"In fact, the league is 0-9 ATS (-8.4 ppg) since March 6th 1996 in Boston after beating the Knicks in New York. Similarly, the league is 0-10 ATS (-9.2 ppg) since January 20th 1997 in New York after beating the Celtics in Boston!"

so it should qualify today, it does not say that they have to win and cover the first game, just win
[/FONT]

SA didnt cover at NYY, so the theory doesn't apply, right?

Its only if the team wins the 1st game of the trip ATS, they lose the 2nd.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]"It seems as if New York and Boston have a pact – unspoken or other otherwise – that no team will sweep them consecutively. If a team beats the Knicks in New York, the Celtics go all out to prevent the 2-0, New York – Boston sweep. [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Similarly, if a team beats the Celtics in Boston, the Knicks “pick them up” by playing significantly above the linesmakers expectations. This “agreement” has been going on for quite some time. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]In fact, the league is 0-9 ATS (-8.4 ppg) since March 6th 1996 in Boston after beating the Knicks in New York. Similarly, the league is 0-10 ATS (-9.2 ppg) since January 20th 1997 in New York after beating the Celtics in Boston!"[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]It does not say that they have to loose the first game ats, just that they have to loose so the play is celtics today
[/FONT]

Back