What Is David Price Worth?

I'm a notorious sucker for helpful hitters, but this one's probably pretty close if Price comes back strong. WTF, I'll vote Marte.

cool, just wanted to verify. I asked him what it would take to get Price earlier in the year and he didnt even respond/consider it. this guy notoriously overvalues his players, everyone does to a degree but he goes the extra mile.

now he comes back like 6 weeks later asking for Marte, says he will trade any of his SP for him, except for King Felix. already states that price would likely cost more than marte.

I told him that the only pitcher I think would be fair value would be Price.

Fowler's going bananas lately, tough to part with him for a pitcher on the shelf, no matter the format.

even if he isnt going off, Fowlers value is higher w/ the CTG League II settings. Instead of AVG and HRs we use OBP and TB. I'd even argue he might be more valuable than Marte in our league.

I get trying to get full value on a guy as talented as Price, but this year is not last year.

Luckily this guy isnt on the forum so I can discuss this lol.

Fowler is one of these guys that Orleans and I are gonna disagree on this season...I think his numbers have nowhere to go but down... TB and OBP gives him a nice little boost in our format but OF is relatively deep for guys with minor power and good peripherals.

If you can afford the hit @ OF....what's the other pitcher in the deal? and what does your OF look like?

it's not always a bad idea to pay 100 cents on the dollar for someone like that...sure you're overpaying, but if you cant really utilize full value of the players you're giving up...why not?....if this is H2H....Price can be a nice addition for playoffs

lol its the same league were in, the one where I just traded for Fowler and Tulo from you.

I get that Fowler has nowhere to go but down, you can probably say the same about Marte or half of my team. Who knows what will happen.

Ive got an offer on the table.

Last edited:
oh god....

make that deal man....

these rookie pitchers, their value will NEVER be this high...you're selling fowler and Cole @ peak value for a guy who might win you the playoffs

well. im gonna take a shot on erasmo ramirez. its a done deal.

price, ramirez, lorenzo cain for marte, travis wood, jon niese.

selling high on wood, niese will be better though.

niese cant get much worse lol....

Gee is starting to pitch better...if Wheeler is solid then FUCK Niese (I'm a Met fan lol)...Lets get Marcum's head back on straight and kick niese to the curb lol

weathering the storm of injuries that happened following both my trades.

everth, fowler, tulo, getting an injured price, waiting on erasmo. gaaaaaaaaaaaah

Back