What IF?

G-Man

Pretty much a regular
Farve was traded to Cleveland??

HMMMMM

The defense is getting better...He could hit Winslow, Edwards and Cribbs???

Could they turn it around???

they would have gone to the NFC championship and then got smashed on by the cowboys, but maybe thats just cuz i like the cowboys, but i really do think they would have gone far. As would have the vikings

Quinn will be the starter next week, if Anderson doesnt get it together this last time against the BUngles

If the line could protect him, I'd say start Brady this week.

The only reason I'm not incredibly p*ssed about not trading DA in the offseason is because if we keep him we do have a serviceable backup. He is an improvement over Ken Dorsey and the rest of that nonsense we tried at QB, even Frye who I actually tried to really like.

But this team is a mess right now, and Chud has to get that offense back on the same page with someone who can deliver the football--and I don't think that person's name is Derek Anderson.

The Browns are an okay football team..that's what they were last year..they just had a favorable schedule...Anderson basically beat up on bad teams and accumulated most of his production in six games...

This year they don't have that luxury with the schedule...

Their man problems so far (besides playing DAL and PITT) is injuries....those are hard to overcome.

The Browns are an okay football team..that's what they were last year..they just had a favorable schedule...Anderson basically beat up on bad teams and accumulated most of his production in six games...

This year they don't have that luxury with the schedule...

Their man problems so far (besides playing DAL and PITT) is injuries....those are hard to overcome.

They were outclassed against Dallas because of MAJOR injuries and poor execution, but they should have won against the Steelers at home when you hold your opponent to 10 points. The turnovers killed them in B-town or that game was a winner also...

Brady has one thing, that Anderson doesnt...the ability to find the open guy about a second and a half quicker and react to it.. But Anderson is playing without all the Offensive starters on the line also... Not sure Quinn will be much more successful until the line plays better. If he doesnt throw crucial int's, they can win...

If, If, If...sure candy and nuts...

They aren't close to a top football team...it just is what it is..

They are okay...they'll beat most of the teams they should beat...prolly starting this week.

If, If, If...sure candy and nuts...

They aren't close to a top football team...it just is what it is..

They are okay...they'll beat most of the teams they should beat...prolly starting this week.

You gotta go back a lot of years and see how few teams lost at home only giving up 10 points?

How many were in those conditions?

Do the Steelers beat Miami 3-0 last year on MNF in any other conditions besides the one's they had?

It's all subjective.

my knock on DA is his leadership, and that's not even all his fault because the media and the team is not letting him lead. it's still awful to see your qb and leader mopin around after a mistake...and once he makes a mistake he checks out mentally. that is not good. he should be having his head up and being positive about their chances. the awful romeo call to kick the fg vs dallas....i didn't see a guy who wanted to stay out there; he just unsnapped his chinstrap and moped off the field...as a former qb i would have NEVER left the field no matter what the hell the coaches said. you would have to drag my ass off the field because if i didn't believe my team could pick up that when that was the ONLY option at that time in the game, that was sending a message to them that i didn't beleive in myself and my team. same thing in the ravens game. you fucked up. pick 6. 21-10 with 20 minutes left. not the end of the world. take a note from philip rivers who didn't let the mistakes bother him and effect his team's faith in him....

that all being said, brady is STILL the wrong move to make. you have injuries on the oline, injuries at receiver, a receiver who can't catch, a defense that can't get off the field right now. you have played arguably the best team in each conference and the best defense in the league that had an offense we've seen exactly once due to the new qb, new coach, etc. DA played like shit, yes. but you can throw the qb ratings out the window. he didn't get any help. coaching staff blew it for him against pitt...completely mismanaged the entire game, and if i were the owner, romeo would have been fired on the spot...that's THE MOST IMPORTANT aspect of being a head coach---ingame management---he failed us, and probably cost us the season right there. you're done...you're done. you don't get a second chance...that's the equivalent to a week of no-call no-shows at work. you're done. go coach dline somewhere. type b personality, no discipline, no REAL respect from your players, and then you go and do that? you're fuckin fired. speakin of fired, braylon: pack your fucking michigan mouthpiece in your stupid fuckin michigan duffle bag, call matt millen, and go back to fucking michigan where they need another underachieving, sloppy, no-hands receiver who calls out the qb on the field. you're fuckin fired.

anyways, back to my point. you're going to rate DA on those performances, then you're going to bring brady in where defenses have limited film on him (similar to last year wth DA), you don't play as good of defenses for the most part, guys are starting to get healthy, defense is starting to find its way under the dcoordinator, get stallworth (ummm a bit of an upgrade from steptoe i would think...that is if he stops being a pussy...a little discomfort in warmups in the 1st pregame and now he's out for THREE WEEKS???---pussy; he should be out there in a wheelchair for what we're paying him), get jerivicious back too. so it's not apples to apples. romeo has nothing to lose by doing this move because he's probably gone anyways, and at least this is what the majority of fans want. brady will win a few games, just as DA would under these new set of circumstances. we still won't make the playoffs, but BRADY will do enough for romeo to keep his job (FUCKING GREAT). you do several negative things with this...false hope going into next year again because of brady....less talent; he's more athletic and can't throw downfield to save his life. he's chad pennington with bigger arms. athleticism doesn't mean shit when you can't make throws. DA has a much stronger arm; you get this guy a real qb coach with the weapons that he has, and he is amazing imo...if brady would have had the year DA had last year, this town would be slobbing him harder than they are now (if that's possible)..and DA was a first year starter just like brady would have been, but we would have lived with brady's mistakes. what, romeo you can't teach him to go through his progressions because you're used to teaching nosetackles? nice!

you'll also lose DA forever mentally because that's just how he is...so if brady gets hurt, we're done for. so we'll have the same major problem (romeo)...an overrated qb, and high, un-deserved expectations because we thought that QUARTERBACK was our problem.

i'd rather get DA another year, suck it up, go 6-10, fire romeo, and be better next year.

and one more thing, fans and media are overreacting bigtime. i mentioned earlier the quality of opponents we just faced. we should definitely be 1-2 right now and 1-1 in the division if it weren't for romeo's bedshitting (meaning through no fault of the players did we lose that pitt game; they played good enough to win---except for harrison---you can't jump on a ball????). that's really not that far off of some projections (noone expected a 3-0 start), especially considering the injuries we've suffered. now that these 10000 lb expectations have been lifted off the shoulders of these young guys, and we start getting players healthy, things can turn around. the DA qb rating means dick...how many qbs have had half the drops he's had number 1??? and he's thrown a couple of picks after the game was already put away by the opposing team in the dal/balt games. he really hasn't played that badly, just been put in some ugly situations that he hasn't been able to get out of, and i don't think there's many qbs that could have. hey chud, run the fucking seam to winslow...fuck! okay my rant is over

fact is people should be talking about how bad romeo is and how he single-handedly cost us the game than how bad DA is...a lot of things cost us the dal/balt games...not just a couple of poor DA decisions

Fire Romeo? ... it may happen

Fans are screaming for the Browns to sign former Browns player Bill Cowher. Local network had over half the callers wanting Cowher NOW!

fact is people should be talking about how bad romeo is and how he single-handedly cost us the game than how bad DA is...a lot of things cost us the dal/balt games...not just a couple of poor DA decisions

AGREE!. I couldnt believe after the loss to Pittsburgh when he was asked WHY kick a FG when your down 7? He said he wanted to get points on the board. Talk about having players doubt you??? That was enough right there with that dumb call...

Yes, that Idiot cost me the Pitts cover. DA was definitely riding high last year, but trading for Favre would be a huge mistake and set the franchise back several yrs. Favre is done and would only thrive on a playoff team. Develop Brady Quinn and fix the largest problem of all-DEFENSE, last year they won by outscoring opponents but had to win 30-27, etc. I have a wager with a co-worker that the Browns will finish with a worse record than the Raydahs, ha ha

Derek Anderson since Week 13 of 2007

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=ysptblthbody1 align=right><TD class=yspdetailttl align=left height=18>Week</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl align=left height=18>Date</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl align=left height=18>Opp</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl align=left height=18>Score</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl height=16>QBRat</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl height=16>Comp</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl height=16>Att</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl height=16>Yds</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl height=16>Y/A</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl height=16>Lng</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl height=16>Int</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl height=16>TD</TD><TD height=16> </TD><TD class=yspdetailttl height=16>Att</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl height=16>Yds</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl height=16>Y/A</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl height=16>Lng</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl height=16>TD</TD><TD height=16> </TD><TD class=yspdetailttl height=16>Sack</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl height=16>SackYds</TD><TD height=16> </TD><TD class=yspdetailttl height=16>Fum</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl height=16>FumL</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD class=yspscores align=left height=16>13</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>Dec 2</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>@ ARI</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left height=16>L 21-27</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>71.6</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>21</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>41</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>304</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>7.4</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>67</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>2</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>2</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'> </TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>2</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>10</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>5.0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>10</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'> </TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>1</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>9</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'> </TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>1</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>1</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'> </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD class=yspscores align=left height=16> 14</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>Dec 9</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>@ NYJ</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left height=16>W 24-18</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>83.3</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>16</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>29</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>185</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>6.4</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>45</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>1</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>2</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'> </TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>3</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>3</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>1.0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>5</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'> </TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'> </TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'> </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD class=yspscores align=left height=16> 15</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>Dec 16</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>BUF</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left height=16>W 8-0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>57.1</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>9</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>24</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>137</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>5.7</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>25</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'> </TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>1</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0.0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'> </TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>1</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>7</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'> </TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'> </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD class=yspscores align=left height=16> 16</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>Dec 23</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>@ CIN</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left height=16>L 14-19</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>53.4</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>29</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>48</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>251</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>5.2</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>22</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>4</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>2</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'> </TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>1</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>6</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>6.0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>6</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'> </TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>1</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>7</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'> </TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'> </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD class=yspscores align=left height=16> 17</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>Dec 30</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>SFO</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left height=16>W 20-7</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>75.4</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>11</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>20</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>152</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>7.6</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>45</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>1</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>1</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'> </TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>1</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0.0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'> </TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>1</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>2</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'> </TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD class=yspscores align=left height=16>1</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>Sep 7</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>DAL</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left height=16>L 10-28</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>74.0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>11</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>24</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>114</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>4.8</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>18</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>1</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'> </TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>4</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>24</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>6.0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>15</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'> </TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>1</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'> </TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>2</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'> </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD class=yspscores align=left height=16> 2</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>Sep 14</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>PIT</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left height=16>L 6-10</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>44.5</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>18</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>32</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>166</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>5.2</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>23</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>2</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'> </TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>3</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>6</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>2.0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>4</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'> </TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>2</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>11</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'> </TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'> </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD class=yspscores align=left height=16> 3</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>Sep 21</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>@ BAL</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left height=16>L 10-28</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>22.9</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>14</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>37</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>125</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>3.4</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>19</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>3</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>1</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'> </TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>1</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>2</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>2.0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>2</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'> </TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>5</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>29</TD><TD class=yspscores height='\"16\"'> </TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>1</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Teams record is 3-5.
They are averaging 14 pts on offense.
One qb rating over 75.4 in 8 games.
9 touchdowns to 14 turnovers

yeah, and he hasn't played nearly as poorly as those numbers show; just like he didn't play nearly as good as the numbers in the prior 10 games show...he's a good qb; he's far from a special qb, and he's not a good leader...but i think he has more potential to develop his skills than brady does. if it were brady, we'd probably see similar numbers to the last 8 of DA all of last year...DA def has some things to get better at that are easy to improve...he's always been a slinger, even in college, but he's got some very good qualities and an outstanding arm. you can't teach or improve arm strength to the extent that brady needs. brady's decision making is very flawed too a lot of times imo, but for argument's sake if he's a smarter better decision maker, who the fuck cares if he can't make the nfl throws? DA is young and was a first year starter last year. the expectations of this guy after his fast start were simply impossible to maintain, especially after what happened to his receivers. peyton manning couldn't make braylon catch a ball right in his lap or make steptoe look like a solid number 2 receiver. come on.

my fault. meant to say afc. haha. well then that whole sentence doesnt make sense. i dont know how far they would go in the afc, a little tougher there, even IF farve was there on browns

i heard cowher just bought a house in strongsville..may or may not mean something....brady will play a lot this week.he has to if they plan on him being starter cause they cant throw him to wolve in week 6 on mnf against the champs....romeo will probably be here throughout this season unless he starts like 0-5 and if brady doesnt pan out..either way he wont be back next eyar imo

Some bad clock management and bad coaching is to blame a little in that vs the Steelers. Not all Anderson's fault.

Having 2 good receivers out doesn't help Stallworth & Jurevicius (fucker is hurt too much).

What IF.......

FAVRE stayed retired and the PATRIOTS came a calling. Now that would have been interesting............. :smiley_acbe:

Back