What have you learned, after a week or so into the baseball season?

• Thread starter Thread starter Gyno
  • Start date Start date
Astros might be worse than we even originally thought.

Marmol should not be any teams closer.

Pirates offense is BAD, I knew it was going to be bad but I don't think this gets fixed.. Its just bad.

Padres are really bad until they get some players back.. Outscored 14-40 already this season and I personally see no end in sight until players get back.. Like Headley and Luebke.

Really bad rotation.. Not one reliable pitcher imo.

Padres are really bad until they get some players back.. Outscored 14-40 already this season and I personally see no end in sight until players get back.. Like Headley and Luebke.

Really bad rotation.. Not one reliable pitcher imo.
was gonna post this after your astro post.....gonna be a serious astro fade for me all year...kinda like we did last year

what the padres are trotting out there right now is almost as bad

Milw TV crew mentioned that Yo's fastball is down about 3 in first two starts

10 teams have a Bullpen ERA of 5+

Hitters are 1/39 vs Dodgers BP

Under 76 on the Pirates is looking like a gift. They started off slow last year too, but if wasn't for Carlos Marmol their numbers would even be worse.

Astros are as bad as expected but I'm still wondering how their season wins were 59? I really think 50 wins would be surprising. SD w/o Bradley and Grandal isn't far off + their young LHSP whose nme escapes me at the moment, Miami has some pitching and slightly better team but still going to lose near 100 games. At some point Baltimore is going to struggle. With that ridiculous extra inn record last year IMO, they will clearly regress. Mets can win a few games as in 500ish if they hit some. Not a news flash but I like that team. Stop staying the Yankee lineup is weak, Youk, Cano nd Ichiro alone are all star caliber. Problem is they need consistency in every fashion. Pitching needs to be consistent and so do the bats. Problem is w Kuroda that's 3 with some sort of minor injury issue., Pettite and is 40 and Nova so

And Nov the definition of streaky ....pen seems okay but will be so much better but Mo scaring me some. The AL is just so tough. Love the minor bats Yanks picked up Overbay , Wells , Boesch but Angels, Tigers and Texas alone so scary.

Red Sox still going to hit but Rays continually get worse offensively it seems. Jays have issues w Lawrie and Bautista missing, never liked Buerhle or Johnson coming to the AL and if the Dickey magic is gone -- oh boy! Angels starting slow again but vet teams not uncommon but again Hnason not a fan because he just hasn't seemed right past year.

Really seems like the scales are pointing to offense as I have huge concerns about SP like Felix, Verlander, Cain, Harrison to name a few duplicating past seasons ..mix in dickey now + lincecum still struggling -- that could be a lot of CY young's regressing. Kershaw taking it to the next level so far, Fernandez was filthy today, Samardzija again, Sale, etc throwing well but regression seems to me faster then progression in most

Crazy stat I noticed.....Texas hit 5 triples in 6 games while Pittsburgh had 5 total extra base hits in 6 games. How bout 10 teams hit more Hrs then Pittsburgh scored runs this week (8 runs)...cubs, Houston, SD and Pitt had ops of. 545 or less.....Point is we had a bunch of offensive explosions and some teams who brought new meaning to light hitting. Oddly most xbh went to Oakland w 28 in 7 games and 26 to Arizona in 6 games but that extra inn affair was almost like 7. Just looking at stats from week 1 and pointing out the extremes

Won with Norris playing him first half. Only way you can play Houston.. Wonr what his splits will be 4 days vs 5 this year.

Back