What have we learned? Week 6 Edition...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
It is so weird seeing the Lions with a above-average defense. The announcers were so awful today but hearing them say 'Leagues #1 defense' about 17 times felt pretty good. Obviously I don;t think we'll finish that way but top 6-8 is possible and once the offense gets healthy should be more than enough to perhaps get into the playoffs...

Which, speaking of, the Norris should be fun with Chi-Det-GB battling it out and Detroit ends at both those places(screw you NFL). Big wins for the other two down south today. Chicago was pretty easy and GB was A-A-Ron just getting it done in clutch. The biggest play there was the fumble he had being recovered around mid-field. Miami was getting a lot of pressure then as well...

Back to Detroit...The kicking thing has been funny but I think Prater will be fine. The first was a poor snap. The other miss was a bit of a pull. Maybe a lil rust but he is the best we have right now so let him gain confidence.

Sticking with the Leos...nice gameplan today to keep it simple and make Minny beat us on offense. We also established the run game in 2nd half for basically the first time all year. Now, please heal up Megatron and Bush. We need you guys and need to get into a groove as a team then it becomes scary what could happen...

Thank you Chargers for making me an okay profit today in NFL. That was clutch scoring on those last two drives. Oakland played very good and that is often the case in a situation like that but the points got there...

Is Dallas for real? Has the defense really turned it around enough? Can DeMarco stay healthy all year? Crazy to look at that record right now. Statement game up in the NW today. I said I would pay with my Survivor pick to see it and I did...

Cam Newton...great game...

So yeah...um...what happened to the Giants? I wasn't totally high on them after last few weeks but thought they had improved quite a bit...That was absolutely brutal.

Anyways, some fun finishes and whatnot....what say you?

We learned that to win money just be a huge square & bet road favorites that 70% of the public is on

I learned what I already knew but some debated with vigor of a man after his 1st hgh treatment: Kirk Cousins aint shit.

I usually don't cry about losses but this one turned a 5-2 week into a 4-3 week,
[TABLE="class: num-left"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD="colspan: 2"]
4th Quarter - 0:18
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] TD [/TD]
[TD] Cardinals 30 - Redskins 20
Rashad Johnson 28 yd. interception return (Chandler Catanzaro kick)

[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

CG: the washington side, total and the denver side & total were ALL affected by a last second pick-6. Sickening. One guy on Twitter was on all four losing sides

I said to a good friend this week, if you don't bet the NFL this week you will have won money. Goofy weekend.

I was reminded NFL players are still human when I watched Cha Chi ball his eyes out leaving the field.

Jacksonville may have turned a corner in their lines, covering for the first time this season despite a -2 turnover ratio. Same with Oakland, covering at home against the Chargers despite the -1 TO number.

Are there two bigger trap games all year than the Cowboys coming home from Seattle to play a Giants team that just got worked over by the Eagles, and the Browns heading to winless Jacksonville after slaying their arch rivals?

The Steelers are 2-0 ATS when winning the turnover battle, 0-4 ATS when even or worse. The quintessential mediocre team. Same with Carolina (4-0 & 0-2). Safety Mike Mitchell said if not for the gadget and misdirection plays the Steelers pretty much "kicked their ass". Like the old joke, otherwise how was the play Mrs. Lincoln? Did he say stupid shit like that when in Carolina?

The Cowboys starting position for their drives yesterday : 20, 20 (td), 5 (fg), 20 (td), 27, 18, 19 (fg), 12, 20 (td), Sea23 (fg) - Average = 24 yard line
The Seahawks starting position for their drives yesterday : 21 (fg), 42, 20, 20, 10, Dal14 (td), Dal 20 (td), 16, Dal42 (fg), 19, 15 - Average = 35 yard line

A remarkable win for Dallas, spotting all that field position, making special teams gaffes and still coming out of the lion's den with a W. The players a totally buying what the coaches are selling right now.

Baltimore's first 16 minutes vs Tampa :
80 yards in 4 plays (7-0)
Intercept a pass
22 yards in 4 plays (14-0)
Force a 3 & Out
50 yards in 7 plays (21-0)
Force a 3 & Out
57 yards in 7 plays (28-0)
Force a 3 & Out
59 yards in 2 plays (35-0)

How did Atlanta only manage 13 points at home against the Bears? That was a costly loss. How much longer can they put up with Mike Smith?

I learned that NIck Foles a has happy feet and he should be thanking Jeffrey lurie for hiring chip kelly. Kelly is the only reason foles is successful. Bc he genius playcaller and get a guy's running wide open any qb can hit. But when the wrs are not wide open foles has no idea what to do and throws falling off his back foot. Yes I take back what I said prior about its time for files to get respect. Was dead wrong.

And Dallas is the real deal and should run away with the nfl east.

We're going to learn tonight that St. Louis is a penalty infested poorly coached team that can't get away from mistakes. JMO. LOL. You'll see the greatest form of ignorance by a team that many still think is good. 10 straight losing seasons and a 1-3 record is no reason to believe this

I watched a ton of football, as I generally do when the Bears are on the road on a Sunday, and I think yesterday showed yet again that anyone can beat anyone on any day. I used to always have this "no way "so and so" will lose" and make all these ML parlays but a notion shared here often and confirmed again yesterday is that Home Dogs of 7 or more points is a solid bet on any Sunday, regardless of the opponent. The Raiders covered and the Jets really should have pushed, I need to start leaning on that notion harder and come up with a steady game to game bet.

Watched my Bears in completion, and I was happy to see a W obviously but noticed that the intermediate pass game just wasn't there, and I was probably not paying enough attention to the Atl defensive scheme to notice, but I don't know why. There were a ton of screen and dump off passes to Forte (10 receptions) and a lot of big downfield looks (even had a 76 yarder complete to Jeffery) but besides looking at Bennett on a few check downs there didn't seem to be a ton of intermediate passes thrown. The secondary looked pretty good considering the opponents, and Kyle Fuller may be the real deal, and we are lucky to have him (chalk up another draft "win" for Emery).

Miami played extremely well against the Packers, and it scared me to see them basically beat up on the Pack for the whole 2nd half, considering they are playing the Bears next week. The Giants looked like dog shit, they are evidently the team we saw in week 1 and not the last 2 weeks and with Cruz out there are some big holes there. Philadelphia's D looked like the 85 Bears for most of the game. Very impressive win from the Cowboys, didn't see that one but evidently they have something good going there, probably has to do with the running game being effective and healthy, but I'm just waiting like everyone for Murray to go down, it's inevitable with his high carry load, but their O line has been awesome from when I've watched them.

The Patriots are not as bad as everyone said they were before the Cinci, but their running game took a major blow with Ridley going down. The Gronk/Wright combo is reminiscent of a former duo at TE that was extremely effective as well, and I'm sure Gronk fantasy owners are freaking out. If nothing else, from that game I relearned that Brady is pretty fucking good. The Lions put on a show on D, they are very formidable on D, I noticed that in week 1 in Detroit, at least against the run, they are solid. If they can get healthy it should be an interesting race to the finish line in the NFC North if my Bears can pull their heads out of their ass and stop losing games they have double digit leads in.

All in all, I feel like I got a lot out of this week.

Kirk Cousins and Geno Smith end of game interceptions wont ever be forgotten by me. The Cousins 4th quarter was epic. That last interception felt sketchy as fuck but only because it was defining my day. Jets played well but Geno has an IQ of 93. After a terrific Saturday, I was run over yesterday. NY Giants offensive line had a better day than me. I dont care how good of a day Cam had, he is still so self centered. All his moods were in action yesterday. Super man ego celebration. Crying about his thumb on bench. That dude wrote a novel yesterday with his emotions and he gotta a gift fucking tie, yay. I guess we have to jump on Atlanta against Baltimore next week after the genius that is the Tampa coaching staff failed in almost every regard. The Bears were desperate and better. Trestman is enigmatic. Mike Smith and GM are strange overrated dudes, but hard not to take a touchdown at Ravens knowing over reaction on those polar opposite performances.

I was at the Falcons/Bears game yesterday and I've about given up on the Falcons this year due to OL/DL injuries as well as Dimitrov being the worst GM across all professional sports. However Jay Cutler became my favorite player on the field. His body language is perhaps the most entertaining thing in the NFL. It is really something to behold in person because the TV cameras don't do him justice. He showed zero emotion yesterday until Forte's second half TD run. After a TD he never sprints off the field or shows any semblance of happiness. It is amazing. IDK why I enjoyed it so much but he became my favorite professional football player yesterday

I was at the Falcons/Bears game yesterday and I've about given up on the Falcons this year due to OL/DL injuries as well as Dimitrov being the worst GM across all professional sports. However Jay Cutler became my favorite player on the field. His body language is perhaps the most entertaining thing in the NFL. It is really something to behold in person because the TV cameras don't do him justice. He showed zero emotion yesterday until Forte's second half TD run. After a TD he never sprints off the field or shows any semblance of happiness. It is amazing. IDK why I enjoyed it so much but he became my favorite professional football player yesterday

he is a true joy to watch, he comes across very much like he doesn't give a shit but he really is a pretty good guy and leader on the team.

Coming around to your thoughts about Cutler. What did you think of late hit call against Atlanta when whistle blew. I felt call was bad as it was on refs for the lateness of their reaction but I guess it had to be called. Cutler hit his head so hard he looks concussed.

he is a true joy to watch, he comes across very much like he doesn't give a shit but he really is a pretty good guy and leader on the team.

I think he cares but I also think its awesome how nonchalant he is about everything while being a pretty damn good NFL quarterback in a football crazed city. I commented to my buddy yesterday, "how fuckin laid back do you have to be to act too cool to be an NFL QB." I don't mean that as a slight either. They guy's heart rate probably never elevates. After a TD, a bomb, an incompletion, a sack he just gets up and walks with the same pace back to the sideline or huddle. Sometimes he stands there with his hands on his hips. He'll occasionally toss out a low five but he never truly showed emotion until Fortes second TD run. My buddy and I noticed it early in the game and all we did was watch Cutler's body language after every play the rest of the game. We were dying hysterically

Rg3 is probably even worse then we all thought. I noticed that Kyle Shanahan's offense looked pretty much unstoppable yesterday. This might be because the Steelers are terrible on the D. But they have shown throughout the year they have a solid offense.

Win or lose, it's finally good to see the Cows with some semblance of balance in their play calling.
Mainly, obviously, that they can and do run the ball.

Some people learned what a lot of Redskins fans have know, Cousins can't hold RG3's jock. He's just too inconsistent and too turnover prone. The other thing that RG3 does is make that running game go. Morris averages over 1.5 yards per carry more when RG3 is at QB than when Cousins is at QB. And it aint all that read option stuff, it's the defense haven't to account for a mobile QB and not crashing down on Morris.

We also learn Ed Hochuli can completely screw up a reviewed fumble. Not even sure how it's possible.

View attachment 37113

This is a weird season...

One thing I've always known about the nfl no team is ever as good or bad as they look the week prior..

": Browns and Dallas in the Superbowl. Browns are really 5-0 except for two 3 point games that they could have won, and Dallas figured out what Denver and Green Bay couldn't for 2 years. Browns win the next three and get Gordon back and they will be unstoppable on offense. Dallas has the best running back since Jim Brown and he was great enough to win the last championship Cleveland had. So who will stop the Cowboys except for themselves?"

Oh, and yes I had both yesterday...LOL

CG you called the SU win by the Cowboys. That was the most surprising result of 2014 and you called it. All I can say is, find some way to stay humble, bro. Maybe start using laces instead of Velcro or something ;) Nice job.

[TABLE="class: mod-data mod-pbp, width: 100%"]
<tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; background: transparent;">[TR="class: odd"]
[TD="width: 135px"]1st and 10 at SD 20[/TD]
[TD](15:00) B.Oliver left tackle to SD 19 for -1 yards (K.Mack, C.Rogers).[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: even"]
[TD="width: 135px"]2nd and 11 at SD 19[/TD]
[TD](14:34) (No Huddle, Shotgun) P.Rivers pass incomplete deep right to A.Gates.[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: odd"]
[TD="width: 135px"]3rd and 11 at SD 19[/TD]
[TD](14:27) P.Rivers pass deep middle to E.Royal to SD 39 for 20 yards (B.Ross).[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 135px"]1st and 10 at SD 39[/TD]
[TD](14:12) (No Huddle, Shotgun) R.Brown left end to SD 40 for 1 yard (A.Smith; M.Burris).[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 135px"]2nd and 9 at SD 40[/TD]
[TD](13:13) (No Huddle, Shotgun) P.Rivers pass incomplete short right to M.Floyd.[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 135px"]3rd and 9 at SD 40[/TD]
[TD](13:07) (No Huddle, Shotgun) P.Rivers pass short right to R.Brown to OAK 36 for 24 yards (L.Woodley).[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 135px"]1st and 10 at OAK 36[/TD]
[TD](12:24) (No Huddle) P.Rivers pass short left to B.Oliver to OAK 36 for no gain (C.Woodson).[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 135px"]2nd and 10 at OAK 36[/TD]
[TD](11:35) (No Huddle, Shotgun) P.Rivers pass short middle to L.Green to OAK 21 for 15 yards (T.Brown).[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 135px"]1st and 10 at OAK 21[/TD]
[TD](11:03) (No Huddle) B.Oliver right end pushed ob at OAK 21 for no gain (M.Burris).[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 135px"]2nd and 10 at OAK 21[/TD]
[TD](10:28) (No Huddle, Shotgun) P.Rivers pass short middle to K.Allen to OAK 20 for 1 yard. PENALTY on SD-R.Ohrnberger, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at OAK 21 - No Play.[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 135px"]2nd and 20 at OAK 31[/TD]
[TD](9:59) (No Huddle, Shotgun) P.Rivers pass short middle to R.Brown to OAK 28 for 3 yards. PENALTY on SD-K.Dunlap, Illegal Use of Hands, 10 yards, enforced at OAK 31 - No Play.[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 135px"]2nd and 30 at OAK 41[/TD]
[TD](9:30) (Shotgun) P.Rivers pass incomplete deep middle to K.Allen.[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 135px"]3rd and 30 at OAK 41[/TD]
[TD](9:26) (Shotgun) P.Rivers pass short middle to K.Allen to OAK 36 for 5 yards (C.Rogers).[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]Timeout #1 by OAK at 08:45.[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 135px"]4th and 25 at OAK 36[/TD]
[TD](8:45) N.Novak 54 yard field goal is GOOD, NULLIFIED by Penalty, Center-M.Windt, Holder-M.Scifres. PENALTY on SD-L.Green, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at OAK 36 - No Play.[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="width: 135px"]4th and 35 at OAK 46[/TD]
[TD](8:40) (Punt formation) E.Weddle pass incomplete deep right to S.Ajirotutu.[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

CG you called the SU win by the Cowboys. That was the most surprising result of 2014 and you called it. All I can say is, find some way to stay humble, bro. Maybe start using laces instead of Velcro or something ;) Nice job.

I stay humble because I cant win them all. LOL. I saw this coming the minute the line was released. How do you make a 4-1 team a 9 point dog? Only when the favorite is bet on in gigantic volumes of money for weeks and the house knows that the public has no clue on how good the dog is.
Thanks for the feedback.

I learned (again) not to bet too many games....got my ass kicked...needed seattle to win game only to have a decent day

Totals just too hard too predict
Dallas is good but not great but maybe good enough and my under 8 games is in trouble:enraged:

Tom Brady is just as good as he always has been...The Brady haters seemed to have gone away...hope they get Mayo and Ridley back

I think Zona is real good

Miami better than I expected them to be this season...value to be had coming up

Giants suck (i think) but they may cover this week in this wacky league...losing cruz will hurt but lack of effort and dumb game plans will hurt more...coughlin is an idiot...only games he wins is ones where he doesn't have to make adjustments...whenever the team he is playing plans properly he is done...how do you not score against the eagles?...most over rated head coach in nfl history

Falcons are enough of a mystery to me that I do not think I can bet them anymore...I was down to just betting them at home in certain situations and now what do you do

Liking the browns more....will see how they do as the season goes into weeks 8-11 where the good teams figure out how to stop you

Not impressed with the Panthers...cinn defense totally didn't show or adjust...cam had his way with them and made them look silly

League is wide open right now

Liking the browns more....will see how they do as the season goes into weeks 8-11 where the good teams figure out how to stop you

keep in mind they have a certain pothead coming back week in a few weeks who tends to have a major impact on games. One of the most talented weapons in the league addressing s serious void for them. Thatcoupled with teams having to focus on their run game this year which was not the case before.

So called 'sharp' moves...

Denver -6.5 to Denver -9.5 (WIN)
Miami +3.5 to Miami +1.5 (LOSS)
Minnesota +1 to Minnesota -1 (LOSS)
Buffalo +3 to Buffalo +1 (LOSS)
Seattle -8 to Seattle -9.5 (LOSS)
Arizona -3 to Arizona -5 (WIN)
N.Y. Giants +3 to N.Y. Giants +1.5(LOSS)

The 2 wins needed late pick sixes to cover.

So called 'sharp' moves...

Denver -6.5 to Denver -9.5 (WIN)
Miami +3.5 to Miami +1.5 (LOSS)
Minnesota +1 to Minnesota -1 (LOSS)
Buffalo +3 to Buffalo +1 (LOSS)
Seattle -8 to Seattle -9.5 (LOSS)
Arizona -3 to Arizona -5 (WIN)
N.Y. Giants +3 to N.Y. Giants +1.5(LOSS)

The 2 wins needed late pick sixes to cover.
:shake:

Exactly. The "sharp" money has been wrong for weeks now. The general public or "square" player has done extremely well, especially this week.

How long can that last? Im not going to change, so if road favs keep crushing im in trouble. I dont think it will continue tho

We're going to learn tonight that St. Louis is a penalty infested poorly coached team that can't get away from mistakes. JMO. LOL. You'll see the greatest form of ignorance by a team that many still think is good. 10 straight losing seasons and a 1-3 record is no reason to believe this
Steve Young called it Pop Warner/High School when describing St. Louis. I call it ignorance.

Is Dallas for real? Has the defense really turned it around enough? Can DeMarco stay healthy all year?

I can't imagine the answer is yes to these, but if you can run the ball you can definitely win in this league

Are there two bigger trap games all year than the Cowboys coming home from Seattle to play a Giants team that just got worked over by the Eagles, and the Browns heading to winless Jacksonville after slaying their arch rivals?

both aren't great spots, but i can't see division opponents looking past each other and especially not DAL with NYG as i think they are its biggest rival. JAX is so hard to back, but I like them a bunch this week especially if the overrated Browns (like their defense though) keep climbing

I learned that NIck Foles a has happy feet and he should be thanking Jeffrey lurie for hiring chip kelly. Kelly is the only reason foles is successful. Bc he genius playcaller and get a guy's running wide open any qb can hit. But when the wrs are not wide open foles has no idea what to do and throws falling off his back foot. Yes I take back what I said prior about its time for files to get respect. Was dead wrong.

agree that Foles is a fraud, unfortunately I hope that doesn't get exposed until the playoffs as he's a QB of mine in a fantasy league

I think Zona is real good

i've been annointing them and if they can somehow get HFA over SEA and stay healthy i think they could make something happen cuz the entire NFC is flawed

i've been annointing them and if they can somehow get HFA over SEA and stay healthy i think they could make something happen cuz the entire NFC is flawed

Plus throw in the fact that the Super Bowl is in their home stadium this year.

Back