What have we learned Week 11

D-Woww

Old Man Dan
I'm no Joe Public, and I could never be as entertaining as he is in these threads, but I do feel like we need this thread to continue even in his absence, so I will do my best. Just a few thoughts off the top of my head:

-Nobody's paying attention, but there hasnt really be a more fun team to watch over the last 3 weeks than the Buccs. I have no idea where this flare was in the beginning of the year, and maybe Josh Freeman was just that terrible that it made the team look bad, but this o-line has made Mike James and Bobby Rainey look like Barry Sanders. Makes you wonder how Martin could have been so bad when he was healthy. Glennon looks like an NFL qb, and the team just plays every game with the "David" mentality and isnt afraid to try trick plays. Many bad teams will give up, but thsi will not be one. They enjoy being a spoiler, and may be a good bet as dogs going forward

- I dont want to say Philly is "legit" and I still think a precision qb will pick the d apart, but Chip is doing some real good things with this team, and I think they may have their qb, which is huge if it allows them to draft a stud defensive player. Think they beat Zona after their bye, and the home game vs the Lions may be their biggest game of the year.

- Cincy was insanely lucky. That win may have secured them a playoff spot, but if you watched the game you know the final score is misleading. Cant wait to fade Dalton in the playoffs.

-Somebody please beat the Giants so these "look out for NY" storylines die already. They still stink, they just have had a crazy run of playing bad teams and good teams with key injuries.

-Atlanta is done. That team has quit and I look forward to fading them. NO should have no problem covering the 9.5 even on the road this Thursday night

-Most of us knew this, but KC is a fraud. Not completely, as that d is very very legit, but you need a better offense if you are going to go anywhere in the playoffs. There arent gonna be any Brad Johnson or Trent Dilfer led Super Bowl teams anymore in this NFL

-The Chargers may be another team whose post season hopes died yesterday, but then again nobody seems to want that 6 seed in the AFC

-Detroit is always going to have to face an uphill battle bc their coach sucks. They should have won that game with ease, but Schwartz's moronic decision to fake the fg and not take the 3 points to go up a full td turned the whole game around. Also, how does Calvin not touch the ball in the 2h?

-Houston is an embarrassment. Zero heart, they just want the season to end.

Side note/question: Why was Keenum benched? He wasn't setting the world on fire or anything, but I didnt think he was playing that terrible to be benched?

What else do we got?

Bears still cannot stop the run. While they are giving up less points as a defense than earlier in the season, any time they face a strong running back, it's trouble, take the points or the opposition. Next up? Zac Stacy.

thats a really really good point. im leaning rams heavily. if they are actually gonna use tavon austin correctly, their d is solid and stacy should do the rest.

Ravens were the correct side yesterday. If you were smart you bought the hook and got 3.5. Bears got gashed by Rice, who woke from the dead. Should not have won that game. If weather doesn't stop the game, who knows how ugly it could have gotten with the Ravens being up 10-0.

How on earth did the Cowboys D make Nick Foles look like a high school QB earlier this season?

If you want to know why Alex Smith is considered a "system" QB, just watch the last minute of the game last night when, down by two scores with no timeouts left, he robotically looks for the checkdown on two straight plays, throwing it for a gain of zero on the first one and holding off throwing the second one because the RB is being shadowed. Way to adjust to the game conditions Alex.

How on earth did the Cowboys D make Nick Foles look like a high school QB earlier this season?

If you want to know why Alex Smith is considered a "system" QB, just watch the last minute of the game last night when, down by two scores with no timeouts left, he robotically looks for the checkdown on two straight plays, throwing it for a gain of zero on the first one and holding off throwing the second one because the RB is being shadowed. Way to adjust to the game conditions Alex.

This is one of the mysteries of the season as far as im concerned. I understand a kid is gonna have bad games, especially since he still only has like 10 or so starts under his belt, but my god, he had Philly fans longing for the days of Bobby Hoying with that performance. I'm a huge Foles supporter and I think hes the future, but something wasnt right. I think he was still hurt (groin) and didnt say anything because he didnt want to waste his opportunity knowing that Chip was not sold on him at that point and had kind of a hard on for Vick. But yeah, that was crazy, I look forward to seeing him right that ship though in Week 17

Lots to rant about after yesterday but the first one is really a puzzle to me and I say it year after year also.

Gary Kubiak is a piss poor head coach and doesn't know WTF he is doing. How on earth do you bench Keenum in that spot yesterday and go back to Schaub? There is just no possible scenario where that makes any sort of sense. You have already established that Schaub is not your QB of the future. You have a possible undrafted gem in Keenum who is admittedly raw but is moving along very nicely. He wasn't even having a poor game at the time save for one bad throw which resulted in an interception. The whole stadium was booing the Schaub decision so the fans are not the driving force. Schaub came in and stunk it up as usual so it's not like he was banging down doors to get back into the game. It was a very winnable game for the Texans as well. Schaub came in and went zero for three in red zone attempts and instantly managed to make Andre Johnson look ordinary again. There was even a sideline tiff between Schaub and Johnson. There was just no fucking reason to make a change there.......now he may have even shaken the confidence of a young QB who has big time skills. I mean don't get me wrong, I'm a raiders homer and I appreciated the gift win but I'm still scratching my head about the decision by Kubiak.

The redskins gameplan was outrageous yesterday. You are playing a team that has been gashed time and time again through the air and yet you decide to pound the run over and over again. I think at one point the skins were down 24-0 and they were still calling runs while RG had like 13 pass attempts. What happened when they finally decided to throw the ball all over the field? They nearly came back and tied the game late. Mike shannahan.....Gary Kubiak......sensing a pattern here? Hmmm.

Oh and dumbshit Jim Schwartz cost his team yet another win yesterday. The fake field goal was just fucking atrocious decision making. Then in the presser after the game instead of owning up and admitting it was probably a mistake he defends his decision and says it was the correct call.

It's not something I learned specifically this week, but I feel it should be pointed out until something is done, which may be never. The NFL officials are the absolute fucking worst, and the flag football rules of the NFL are just as bad. It's not even fun watching most of these games anymore. There is a damn flag for PI, or just someone breathing on the QB waaaaaay too often. It's pathetic. Then you, as a league, have replay, and you STILL can't get every call right even when utilizing the replay system. There is no excuse for this, whatsoever. The NFL product is horrible right now, I don't care how many sheeple watch the games on TV each week.

And most of the head coaches in the NFL are complete fucking idiots. It's a travesty that these guys have the jobs they do and get paid the ridiculous amounts of money they do. Most of them are just criminals who are stealing money.

Butt slap:

burfictslap.gif

We learned pryor was one of the problems in Oakland.

Also learned matt ryan is far from elite.

ryan gets a pass. hes a good qb, if not elite. the whole season has been a mess for that whole team, and nobody is trying. ill give him a clean slate next year.

I'm also very intrigued with what the bears do with cutler this off-season

While fans might clamor for something else, and unless Cutler comes back and totally blows, he is getting franchised. He has played well this season with Trestman. McCown is still a backup quarterback and cannot make certain throws that Cutler can.

To do otherwise would be silly. I do trust Trestman and Emery to "find" a quarterback, but that is still a roulette game that I don't think they want to play when they have someone like Cutler in their hands.

Yeah, I hear ya. Cutler might not be "the answer" but he for sure is their best option/card. But again, he has played well this year, barring injury. This offense has seemed to click with him, unlike before.

How about that Case Keenum? Pro Bowl bound for sure.....

in fairness, while the "future pro bowler" label given to him by one of our members was pretty insane, the guy absolutley should not have been benched. hes twice the qb schaub is right now

did anyone hear anything about some guy for AZ (I think) getting his dreads pulled out or off yesterday? Thought I heard something on the radio about it, but can't find anything online about it.

Back