What does Charlie Manuel have to do to get fired?

Smokedawg

Eagles Fan
I cant take this guy anymore

Tied game in the top of the 7th, runners on 1st and 3rd and your pitcher due up...

And you let him bat because hes pitching so well (despite the fact that hes Adam Eaton and will eventually inevitably remember this)

Of course Eaton grounds out...

Well at least hes still pitching...

And then he comes right out and gives up a home run to give up the lead

Great thinkin, Charlie!

Im convinced the only reason hes still around is because if he got fired then Gillick would be the guy feelin all the heat and he doesnt want that (cuz he aint exactly doin a bang up job)

I couldnt believe it either Smoke...As soon as I saw him send Eaton up to hit I said to myself I bet you he gives up a run next inning...Its like Clockwork...I know your bullpen sucks but Geary has been pitching well down there...say your PH gets a hit and gives you the lead you need 6 outs 3 from Geary and 3 from Myers...Eaton had been struggling and he has a good outing and instead of Manuel letting him leave the game feeling good about himself hes most likely gonna leave with an L not the best confidence builder for your SP

Well Geary cant throw strikes tonight or the ball to first base for that matter...either way Manuel has got to go

Add it to the list of games that Manuel has directly BLOWN due to BONEHEADED decisions

its literally too many to count over the last few years

sooooooooooooo frustrating

With 2 outs in the 9th down by 1 run I think I would have pinch hit with the most likely guy to tie it up with 1 swing and I dont care if hes struggling...Id much rather take my chances with Ryan Howard than Greg Dobbs oh but he was gonna use him to pinch hit for Nunez if Dobbs got on but we all knew Dobbs wasnt going anywhere

With the bullpen struggles right now maybe you could use Myers for a 2 inning save...If there is anybody that can do it Myers is the guy

Ya know...credit where credit is due

Charlie made a good move tonight

waiting till they brought in the righty reliever and then putting howard in who hit a grand slam

good job charlie (i cant believe i just said that)

Ya know...credit where credit is due

Charlie made a good move tonight

waiting till they brought in the righty reliever and then putting howard in who hit a grand slam

good job charlie (i cant believe i just said that)
Agreed...I also liked Myers coming in for the 2 inning save...it was a game they had to win and they got it:cheers:

Yeah, Charlie actually pulled a good one Monday night, sparing his job for another week of bad decisions

Charlie Manuel, in all seriousness, is a bona fide retard.

Manuel has survived a heart attack, quadruple bypass surgery, and cancer. During his time with the Indians he worked in the dugout with a colostomy bag beneath his jacket.... poor fella

I see this in a lot of forums I read. In the future, make the post before you know the result. Then we can see how smart all of you are.

cub, what are you referring to? I've known Manuel can't tie his own shoes for about ten years.

Back